The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Miracles do happen.  (Read 49079 times)

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Miracles do happen.
« Reply #350 on: May 02, 2012, 08:55:28 AM »
Brass,

So you will hold others up to this same standard as well as me and you will also be held accountable to your words?

You are under the mistaken impression we are negotiating, we're not. Nevermind the others and pay attention to your own conduct and messages.

Conduct and messages includes posting off topic quotes/links etc. in order to derail a topic.

Brass

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #351 on: May 02, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »
sharon, no one has posted this, I think, but you are not going to have an easy time of finding a UW because very few would be open to living in Israel.

Unless you own marriage agency ;D

Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline Justmd

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #352 on: May 02, 2012, 08:53:15 PM »
Brass,

So you will hold others up to this same standard as well as me and you will also be held accountable to your words?

You are under the mistaken impression we are negotiating, we're not. Nevermind the others and pay attention to your own conduct and messages.

Conduct and messages includes posting off topic quotes/links etc. in order to derail a topic.

Brass

But this one was not removed...from you? Maybe this forum should be renamed Why Men from Canada dislike Americans?

Offline VIP

• Spouses Country: Eastern Europe
« Reply #353 on: May 02, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »
Brass,

Brass

But this one was not removed...from you? Maybe this forum should be renamed Why Men from Canada dislike Americans?
Now that is very simple. It is like; when a not so beautiful girl seems to not like a very beautiful girl. They are just jealous, like silly girls.  :nod:

Offline Justmd

« Reply #354 on: May 02, 2012, 09:09:12 PM »
Brass,

7039 postings and your status is looking...then you want to tell me about my girlfriend?

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #355 on: May 02, 2012, 09:35:22 PM »
Brass,

Brass

Maryland Guy ~ Please give it a rest! This is going no where.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Larry

« Reply #356 on: May 02, 2012, 09:50:21 PM »

I don't believe Brass dislikes Americans.  I'm one American to whom he has always been helpful and kind.

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #357 on: May 02, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »

I don't believe Brass dislikes Americans.  I'm one American to whom he has always been helpful and kind.

Brass has been accused of liking Americans too much in other threads.

Mods can't win but we need guys who will make the tough decisions and
Brass can do that.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Justmd

« Reply #358 on: May 02, 2012, 10:16:47 PM »

Brass has been accused of liking Americans too much in other threads.

Mods can't win but we need guys who will make the tough decisions and
Brass can do that.

I have not seen the clear unbiased decisions? maybe I bring the worst out in him...and the Caps just lost in triple over-time...damn!!!!

Offline TomT

« Reply #359 on: May 02, 2012, 10:53:25 PM »
Martyr complex

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
« Reply #360 on: May 03, 2012, 01:52:52 AM »
Brass,

7039 postings and your status is looking...then you want to tell me about my girlfriend?

Is lack of tact a national American trait or Justyourpersonalfeature?
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #361 on: May 03, 2012, 02:09:59 AM »
Brass,

Is lack of tact a national American trait or Justyourpersonalfeature?

His team lost and he did not crack enough crabs. :)
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline TomT

« Reply #362 on: May 03, 2012, 06:49:23 AM »
Is lack of tact a national American trait... ?

Illiteracy is epidemic in America. People who can't express themself clearly through the written word often give the impression of tactlessness. To give you an idea of the magnitude of the problem, those Americans who post here are generally above average.

Offline welder

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #363 on: May 03, 2012, 07:07:08 AM »
Yep,

25 year age gap,she was 18 when they met.A big no no for the "experts" on here.

They met at a AFA social.Another big no no for the "experts" on here.

Well,they've been married 5 years now,and seem happy enough together,so i guess miracles can happen. :)

Mark does actually participate on the other main forum.

I was trying to leave this man's name out of it....but this is the posting.

OK I am a simpleton so please clear this up. Chelseaboy is a screen name of a member who made a post.  All members know when posting they may be quoted. How exactly is that pulling a "man's name" into anything?
You stated that Anna was 17 when they met.  This post says 18.
Are you talking about something completely different or making some other point?

When you find time between laundry loads......

OK, I honestly didn't think you were this weak in character, all differences of opinion aside.  You made a statement where a commercial member approached a lady prior to reaching the age of consent.  Do you not see the damage of such a statement?  You occasionally appear to have the ability to apply logic where it suits your agenda.
You hid behind your woman, your son, the PM system and now your nationality.  This for me, and IMHO, based on the range of nationalities who have posted thus far, has nothing to do with being American.  It has everything to do with a silly unsubstantiated post.

You made an error.  Are you a mouse or a man?  Time to man up.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #364 on: May 03, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »
Welder, age of consent is a moveable feast. In most of Europe, for example, it is 16 but in Spain is is 13. In the US it is between 16 and 18.
In the end it is a number. There is no magic that happens on a given date that changes a person's mind or body.

Now, I may agree with you about whether a thing is right or not but the chances are that the folk in question were not acting in any manner illegally in the place time and context in which they found themselves. The issue is much more likely to be about power and control than right/wrong, legal/illegal and that is an issue that we are too far divorced from. The woman's family were, it'd seem, OK with how things went and they were likley best placed to support their child in whatever manner they saw as being best.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #365 on: May 03, 2012, 10:41:15 AM »
Brass,

Your posts are becoming increasingly delusional in nature and harder to answer in any meaningful way.

However, if you believe the premise of my messages to you are based in wanting to tell you about your girlfriend or dislike for Americans then it further reinforces my original observation you have a tendency towards creating confrontation/fantasy in your mind where it does not exist.

If not, then you are trolling.

Brass

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #366 on: May 03, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »
PM reply from a member here "People from other countries don't give a damn what YOU think that the norm should be because they are sick to death of the U.S. trying to impose their standards on the rest of the world "

In the future I promise not to impose my standards on the rest of the world, as long as it does not involve a 50 year old man chasing after a 18 year old girl.  tiphat

I leave tomorrow evening to spend 10 days with the best lady and mother I have met.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #367 on: November 15, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »
Marriage between two people with 50 year age difference has occurred.  While not widespread, it HAS occurred.

Do not believe everything that you read online (even from degreed or "deranged" professionals).   :king:   :ROFL:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Cobaka

« Reply #368 on: November 28, 2016, 12:10:38 PM »
Marriage between two people with 50 year age difference has occurred.  While not widespread, it HAS occurred.

Do not believe everything that you read online (even from degreed or "deranged" professionals).   :king:   :ROFL:

true but it's creepy.

for me, if you think its possible she could pass for your daughter; you need to take a pass.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #369 on: November 28, 2016, 12:17:07 PM »
PM reply from a member here "People from other countries don't give a damn what YOU think that the norm should be because they are sick to death of the U.S. trying to impose their standards on the rest of the world "

In the future I promise not to impose my standards on the rest of the world, as long as it does not involve a 50 year old man chasing after a 18 year old girltiphat

I leave tomorrow evening to spend 10 days with the best lady and mother I have met.

Okay, so what about a 50 year old man chasing a 19 year old woman, is that okay?   :laugh:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #370 on: November 28, 2016, 12:34:31 PM »

In the future I promise not to impose my standards on the rest of the world, as long as it does not involve a 50 year old man chasing after a 18 year old girltiphat

Okay, so what about a 50 year old man chasing a 19 year old woman, is that okay?   :laugh:

If the 19yr old woman wants the 50yr old man to catch her, she will slow down, if he ends up bedding her, good boy, well done... :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #371 on: November 28, 2016, 12:38:15 PM »

If the 19yr old woman wants the 50yr old man to catch her, she will slow down, if he ends up bedding her, good boy, well done... :ROFL:

Yeah bro!  good man.   :bow: :party0031:

Registration