The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Miracles do happen.  (Read 48873 times)

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
Miracles do happen.
« on: April 19, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Miracles do happen.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »
This guy is selling tour packages at www.SheIsThere.com

I've sent Mark an e-mail inviting him to join and participate on RUA as a Commercial member.

Shakey
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline chelseaboy

• Watched
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »
Yep,

25 year age gap,she was 18 when they met.A big no no for the "experts" on here.

They met at a AFA social.Another big no no for the "experts" on here.

Well,they've been married 5 years now,and seem happy enough together,so i guess miracles can happen. :)

Mark does actually participate on the other main forum.
"I find it hard to believe that Russia would target civilians on purpose " Manny 28/2/22

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
Yea
The "experts" wanted to teach me about age difference. Should I avoid writing to young girls just because the doctors say so? Why not try your luck with the age group you are attracted to just because they say it won't work?   

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:19:23 PM »
I've sent Mark an e-mail inviting him to join and participate on RUA as a Commercial member.

He is already a member. Has been for some time. He doesn't participate because he seems to be all about links [that have been deleted as spam in the past] to his sites rather than useful content. We see through that here. He gets away with drive by link drops on other sites though.....
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 04:21:22 PM »
Yea
The "experts" wanted to teach me about age difference. Should I avoid writing to young girls just because the doctors say so? Why not try your luck with the age group you are attracted to just because they say it won't work?

A 25 year age gape is not recommended and will rarely work. Of course it does happen, but when it does you can be sure that the couples involved are quite special, not to mention unique.

Its possible that the ‘experts’ are not recommending this to you for a very good reason.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
Yea

You seem to be looking for justification to do it no matter what anyone says here. So why are you even discussing it with us?

Judging from what I've seen on your other threads anyone who tried to give you advice was just wasting their time. You could have 100 people come here and tell you its a stupid idea but if you have one who comes along and agrees with you then you'll forget everything everyone else said anyways.   :'(   

So, go ahead... try and hook up with a 20 year old. You might get lucky and be one of those 1% who make it happen. Is that what you want to hear?   (:)

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »
There are different opinions about this matter. When I see it works, I think why that guy won such a girl? Some members here have tendency to discourage. If you think I waste your time - don't waste your time on me.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »
Sharon,

It does happen but the man has qualities that I suspect you lack. Sorry to brutal but women want to see a big rock and a monthly stipend.

Think vacation in St.Moritz and an 30+ meter yacht at St. Tropez.

Yes there are other relationships that have big age differences but they are exceptions.

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 07:27:27 PM »
When I see it works, I think why that guy won such a girl?

Anna complained about the "old guys" at the socials and the way that they were showing off their assets. Yet, she married a California man old enough to be her father who owns several businesses, has substantial assets and wasn't afraid to spend them in pursuit of Anna. Don't you see the obvious contradiction in that video?

Offline Anteros

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 07:38:07 PM »
The universal truth is that men want youth and beauty, and women want financial security.  Many women whether they want to admit it or not, put money above all else.  Most men will admit they put youth and beauty on top.  Personally I try to find a happy medium.  30 years old is my target range.  I am in better than average physical shape so if I am older than her by 15 years, so what.  If I can outclimb her, ride a bike further, etc etc she is certainly not going to complain about my physical prowess in the bedroom.  The important thing to me is that we have the same attitude about money, which in my case I prefer to wait and buy quality, and I always want to have more than enough money in the bank for a rainy day.  Some women get that, and others want to spend it all until you are completely broke.  More and more it seems to me that the women looking to go abroad (as in leaving Ukraine or Russia) are just looking for a sugar daddy.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Online 2tallbill

Miracles do happen.
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 07:50:03 PM »
There are different opinions about this matter. When I see it works, I think why that guy won such a girl? Some members here have tendency to discourage. If you think I waste your time - don't waste your time on me.

Surely you should ignore any advice you get here. You can find hundreds of
20 year old hotties on RLM or Anastasia Date or other pay by the letter sites.
Just search the pay by the letter sites.

You want somebody to tell you that there is a chance with you and a 20 year old
girl?

OK, there is a small chance that you can make things work with a 20 year old girl.
There is also a small chance that you can win the lottery too. I don't recommend
buying lottery tickets but they only cost a dollar or so each so it's no big deal if
you lose. 

I don't recommend that 50+ year old men pursue a 20 year old girl.
I don't recommend that 30 year old men pursue a 20 year old girl for
marriage.

So when you find a 20 year old girl, and get happily married please remember to
come by and tell us that we were all wrong.

UspEhov! hatzlacha !!
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline TomT

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 07:56:20 PM »
I don't recommend that 50+ year old men pursue a 20 year old girl.
I don't recommend that 30 year old men pursue a 20 year old girl for
marriage.

The latter guys have more time to recover in case of failure, though.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 08:10:11 PM »
The latter guys have more time to recover in case of failure, though.

For sure they do! however anytime there is a 20 year old girl involved there will
probably be a baby along shortly which tends to extend the recovery period. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline TomT

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 11:15:13 PM »
That girls are at the peak of their fertility more than a decade before they are at the peak of their reasonableness illustrates the great cosmic sense of humor. Men are no less afflicted, though; we pursue lush girls whether we desire progeny or not. Short of castration, I see no exit to this dilemma.

Offline Chemist

• Love Gone Global
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 07:15:22 AM »
When I see it works, I think why that guy won such a girl?

Anna complained about the "old guys" at the socials and the way that they were showing off their assets. Yet, she married a California man old enough to be her father who owns several businesses, has substantial assets and wasn't afraid to spend them in pursuit of Anna. Don't you see the obvious contradiction in that video?

What women say and what they do are often two different things  :)
It is fortunate that a woman's charms can arrest a man's intelligence long enough for copulation to take place.

Our future depends on it!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 08:41:48 AM »
The important thing to me is that we have the same attitude about money, which in my case I prefer to wait and buy quality, and I always want to have more than enough money in the bank for a rainy day.  Some women get that, and others want to spend it all until you are completely broke.  More and more it seems to me that the women looking to go abroad (as in leaving Ukraine or Russia) are just looking for a sugar daddy. 

Because of their history and experiences, many people in the FSU have a different perspective about money than we do here in the west.  Russia has had a change of government and TWO huge devaluations since 1990.  They've seen saved money become virtually worthless, so they haven't the experience to understand how saving money is a positive alternative.  Money, to them is to be spent for things NOW before they go up in price.  It is not uncommon when a close friends gets extra money, for him to share it amongst his "droogs", with the assumption that in the future, if others are in the same circumstance, they will do the same for him.   

With your attitude, it won't be uncommon for an FSU woman to perceive you as "cheap".  Hopefully this brief explanation will help you understand where they're coming from and how you might start to change their perception of you.   

Offline TomT

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 09:05:25 AM »

What Anna said and what she did were certainly polar opposites.

Be that as it may, I hope that Sharon understands what a powerful inducement that wealth is for many women and how the lack of it is great handicap for guys who seek extremely young girls. 

Offline Chemist

• Love Gone Global
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 09:15:42 AM »
Anna and Mark also seem to have met during a time when marriages between WM and RW with large age differences were more common.  Many of them are probably divorced by now.  Mark seemingly is still providing the dream life and has no apparent defects in his health and character.  Anna also strikes me as being sensible and not addicted to drama which would make her appreciate the life she has.

Statistically speaking Mark and Anna are outliers
It is fortunate that a woman's charms can arrest a man's intelligence long enough for copulation to take place.

Our future depends on it!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »

What Anna said and what she did were certainly polar opposites.

This is a valid point that I'd like to hear Mark's opinion about.  Anna's actions were definitely contrary to her stated principles on the tape.  However Mark seems a handsome, successful and even tempered sort which is consistant with her story in that light.  Ukraine is definitely a country with financial hardships among the masses.  In spite of her statements to the contrary, one must suspect that Mark's financial security played some part in Anna's decision to marry.  I understand that financial considerations are present ANY TIME a woman decides to marry but I am curious about Mark's opinion on how they played out in light of his nearly 27 year age difference with Anna. 

I'm also curious, has their marriage produced any children? 

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »
Yep,

25 year age gap,she was 18 when they met.A big no no for the "experts" on here.

They met at a AFA social.Another big no no for the "experts" on here.

Well,they've been married 5 years now,and seem happy enough together,so I guess miracles can happen. :)

Mark does actually participate on the other main forum.

First, THIS is the main form.  All other forms are secondary   ;D

Second, longshots pay off at the racetrack on occasion but every successful gambler knows you will eventually go broke by consistently playing longshots. 

My guess is both Mark and Anna are very unusual people.  If I were hoping to find a bride that was 25+ years younger than I was I'd be interested in learning how Mark made this happen, how his personality or temperament attracted a younger lady, what he did differently during the courtship process, or what financial or assets he may have brought to the table that helped him to be successful in his pursuit?

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 12:07:44 PM »

Because that guy has a lot more to offer such a young babe than you. It is THAT simple.

On the other site there was a discussion by Russian women as to what can a Western old fart can offer a young and nubile babe for her to marry him. I believe they started with a Porsche Carrera GT3.*  :smokin:

*For those without a sense of humor, please read between the lines.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »
Sharon,

It does happen but the man has qualities that I suspect you lack. Sorry to brutal but women want to see a big rock and a monthly stipend.

OMG, I misread that.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »

Be that as it may, I hope that Sharon understands what a powerful inducement that wealth is for many women and how the lack of it is great handicap for guys who seek extremely young girls.

Nah, I don't think so.

Offline patagonie

• Real life is meeting and kissing
  • Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 01:31:18 PM »
The important thing to me is that we have the same attitude about money, which in my case I prefer to wait and buy quality, and I always want to have more than enough money in the bank for a rainy day.  Some women get that, and others want to spend it all until you are completely broke.  More and more it seems to me that the women looking to go abroad (as in leaving Ukraine or Russia) are just looking for a sugar daddy. 

Because of their history and experiences, many people in the FSU have a different perspective about money than we do here in the west.  Russia has had a change of government and TWO huge devaluations since 1990.  They've seen saved money become virtually worthless, so they haven't the experience to understand how saving money is a positive alternative.  Money, to them is to be spent for things NOW before they go up in price.  It is not uncommon when a close friends gets extra money, for him to share it amongst his "droogs", with the assumption that in the future, if others are in the same circumstance, they will do the same for him.   

With your attitude, it won't be uncommon for an FSU woman to perceive you as "cheap".  Hopefully this brief explanation will help you understand where they're coming from and how you might start to change their perception of you.

This is something newbies don't have in mind, you write a good post here.