The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My trip to Kyiv to see if destiny awaits!  (Read 3813 times)

Offline sydneyvontrapp

Re: My trip to Kyiv to see if destiny awaits!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 01:41:51 AM »
Great trip report thank you for sharing it  :)
I am getting ready to go to Ukraine Kiev to meet my woman for the first time face to face in July. she has already planed a lot of stuff for us to do and is also excitedly awaiting. I hope I will be posting some good photos and a good trip report as well.

As mentioned in my trip report there is an upscale Ukrainian restaurant not far from the war museum.  I really wish they didn't lose power minutes after our arrival.  It was the most expensive meal I had while in Kyiv.  But getting to try the local food is part of the traveling experience.  Also the waitresses in traditional Ukrainian dress gave it a special feel to the experience. I look forward to reading YOUR trip report ; if your willing to share it with us.  :)

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 07:03:27 PM »
Hello Everyone:
    We are entering the home stretch.  Tanya has her medical exam and embassy appointment this week.
I can hardly sleep these days.  I'll post the news next weekend!

...Dave M.

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 07:28:58 PM »
Hello Everyone :
    I promised an update ; so here it is.  We had to have her interview rescheduled.  we have a new date of August 2nd.  Sometime before this they need to get to their medical exams.  Her daughter has been sick so they didn't have their exams yet.

Dave M.

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »
I'm walking on air.  Tanya passed her interview.  I bought the airfare for her and Daryna the same day.  They will be arriving on August 25th.  We are planning a very small ceremony with a JP on August 30th.  It seemed like it took forever to get here.  Once she gets here I'll be AWOL for a while.  I'm taking lots of time off work so she will get all my attention.

Offline DonA

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 11:26:41 PM »
I'm walking on air.  Tanya passed her interview.  I bought the airfare for her and Daryna the same day.  They will be arriving on August 25th.  We are planning a very small ceremony with a JP on August 30th.  It seemed like it took forever to get here.  Once she gets here I'll be AWOL for a while.  I'm taking lots of time off work so she will get all my attention.

Howdy Dave,

Well that is wonderful news!

Well wish you all the Best!

DonAz

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 12:57:07 AM »
Hello Don :
    Thanks!  I have 6 comp days to take and a week of vacation time.  I'm also NOT driving for the Limousine service for three weeks.  She should be tired of me by the time I return to work. LOL! They should have a chance to meet some of my family right away.  Then on Sept 9th we have my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary party to attend.  She'll meet everyone then.  I told her we could head up to New Hampshire a few days early.  I could take her shopping at the outlet malls in North Conway.  She was worried that this was going to be our first shopping trip.
We need to buy wedding rings before the wedding.  I've got some catching up to do since this past Friday was her birthday.  I called over to wish her a good day.  She told me NOT to pay to send something.

Dave M.

Offline Chris

• CAD Drawing and Surveying for Office and on Site - Point - Shoot - Drawn - Instant Floor Plans
  • Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 06:56:59 AM »
Congratulations Dave........great news for you all :)

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 05:05:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone.  I will be absent from the board for most of 3 weeks.  Today is the day Tanya and her daughter Daryna arrive in Boston.  The next time I post, I should be a married man. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D

Dave M.

Offline DonA

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007, 11:49:54 AM »
Hi Dave,
 I know  from our conversations this has been  along road for you. Well that road has ended with Tanya and Daryna when you see them come through the magic doors at the airport.

WE wish you all the  very Best  :saint:

DonAz

Registration