The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russianlovematch.com - any ideas?  (Read 14503 times)

Offline FreeRabbit

• Jethro Alert!
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: None Yet
Russianlovematch.com - any ideas?
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:52:53 PM »
I didn't get any results from searching this forum for Russianlovematch (with or without spaces) so I suppose that's a good sign.

I've been spending membership money and politely explaining that email is expensive enough, but $1 a minute to chat is something that usually comes with simulated sex here in America and I'm not going to go broke over this. The women I've stuck with after initial conversations certainly don't seem phony on this site. But some of them most definitely are!

I'm a member on vkontakte.com, having been invited by a nice Ukrainian girl who just seemed to want to do me a favor, and I haven't spoken to since (they seem so kind to foreigners over there!!), and since it appears 90% of all life forms in Ukraine use vkontakte, it's a good place to search some of the Russianlovematch women who do use it.

Among them, I've found several RLM users who display current pictures with their boyfriends, set their status to "In love with....." some guy named Vasily or Boris, or even "engaged to...." (and with 2-year-old daughter!) while claiming on a dating site to be single, without children! My favorite one is actually a girl who's in a relationship with another girl.

RLM claims these women are required to prove their veracity before using the site, but it's very plain to see that some of these women have other motivations for being there. Does anyone know if RLM and its sister website HotRussianBrides, or the parent company Romantic Tours, Inc., pays women to chat and deceive foreign men? Or if there are other explanations I've overlooked??

D
We know why the wolves talk, do we not, Mr Renfield? And we know how we can make them stop.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russianlovematch.com - any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:56:13 AM »
RLM claims these women are required to prove their veracity before using the site, but it's very plain to see that some of these women have other motivations for being there. Does anyone know if RLM and its sister website HotRussianBrides, or the parent company Romantic Tours, Inc., pays women to chat and deceive foreign men? Or if there are other explanations I've overlooked??

Allegations of paying women pop up from time to time with many of the big sites. The women are typically recruited through local small independent agencies. Some say that there is the odd bad apple amongst those small agencies. If anyone is paying anyone, it will be at local agency level. Those local agencies typically supply more than one site.

HRB/RLM are known to weed out rogue agencies if they prove that one is corrupt.

It is reputed that only 5% of men ever get on a plane; it would make no sense for a woman to put her life on hold, so yes, many women have local boyfriends, etc.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 02:56:42 AM »
Given the way in which RLM works it is likely that the women you are communicating with exit, are present when you communicate and, given that they actually need to be present, are at the least open to a good offer.

As Manny says, these women do not put their lives on hold and neither should you!

One of the signal issues faced by clients of all agencies where personal contact is not encouraged through the use of video is that the person to whom you are chatting simply does not exist, or, if real, all the communication is dealt with by secretaries and 'translators'.

Be aware though, when dealing with an attractive, intelligent woman who really exists that there is competition, both from other foreign blokes and from her own social circle. You need to have some evidence of game, or some game changing attribute - but then it was always the same and 'faint heart ne'er won fair maid!'
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline FreeRabbit

• Jethro Alert!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 05:36:27 AM »
If less than 5% of men actually fly to Ukraine to meet these people, that is a great argument for not putting their life on hold. It's an equally logical argument for not using those sites in the first place and sticking with Ukrainian men.
I'm not sure what constitutes "putting my life on hold," but a guy who is going to spend thousands of dollars and disrupt his life to travel to Ukraine to meet a girl is obviously serious enough to tell the girl he's talking to that he's not running around boinking women left and right here in America, especially after probably claiming to the girl in question that he's interested in more than casual dating!
We know why the wolves talk, do we not, Mr Renfield? And we know how we can make them stop.

Offline missAmeno

• Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 06:16:32 AM »
If less than 5% of men actually fly to Ukraine to meet these people, that is a great argument for not putting their life on hold. It's an equally logical argument for not using those sites in the first place and sticking with Ukrainian men.
I'm not sure what constitutes "putting my life on hold," but a guy who is going to spend thousands of dollars and disrupt his life to travel to Ukraine to meet a girl is obviously serious enough to tell the girl he's talking to that he's not running around boinking women left and right here in America, especially after probably claiming to the girl in question that he's interested in more than casual dating!

Problem is that 95% of men who never get on the plane write as well to girls that they are "interested in more than casual dating" and also that they are planning to get on the plane. Dont think anyone knows what % of women dont take seriously either what they are writing.
Anyway if someone says they are open to international dating its not quiet same as to say "I am only interested in international dating"
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline FreeRabbit

• Jethro Alert!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:20:48 AM »
I guess I just find it hard to say to a woman over dinner, when she asks what I do in my spare time, "well, I've been working on learning Russian, and I'm saving money for airfare to go to Ukraine in about 4 months to meet someone who's not you."
That would kill a date pretty quickly if someone told me that.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 06:33:46 AM »

... a guy who is going to spend thousands of dollars and disrupt his life to travel to Ukraine to meet a girl is obviously serious enough to tell the girl he's talking to that he's not running around boinking women left and right here in America, especially after probably claiming to the girl in question that he's interested in more than casual dating!

FSU girls favor actions, not words, to an even greater extent than their American counterparts. Until you show up on the silver bird, anything that you promise will be taken with a metric ton of salt.

Offline FreeRabbit

• Jethro Alert!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 06:38:03 AM »
That's significantly more than a grain, right?
Good to know, though. I'll have to make sure I find a way to emphasize my absolutely serious intentions and downplay the occasion flights of fancy (not that I can think of any at the time).

Offline TomT

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 06:49:19 AM »
I'll have to make sure I find a way to emphasize my absolutely serious intentions...

The only way to do this is to keep all of your promises scrupulously. The more that you emphasize, the more that the girls will think that you are full of shit.

Offline FreeRabbit

• Jethro Alert!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 06:55:45 AM »
OK, gotcha. Don't say a word about coming to Ukraine until I'm already there. No problem.

Offline TomT

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 07:01:06 AM »
It's OK to discuss when a girl can get time off from work so that you can visit her. It's more considerate than showing up unannounced. Be sure that you show up; that's all.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »
I guess I just find it hard to say to a woman over dinner, when she asks what I do in my spare time, "well, I've been working on learning Russian, and I'm saving money for airfare to go to Ukraine in about 4 months to meet someone who's not you."
That would kill a date pretty quickly if someone told me that.

Yeah, but hopefully your social skills mean that you would never dream of saying something so asinine and that you have something more in your life than a single minded quest for something that, frankly, is unlikely to materialise. :)

Here's the simple methodology for making it work.

Use a site like RLM where you communicate directly with the girls. Arrange for vacation time in the very near future (weeks not months). Chat directly with the women and tell then when you are coming over. Arrange to meet with them - you will need to involve RLM staff and the local agency for this to happen but they will support you.
Get on the big silver bird.
Meet the women (and more through the agency), make some choices and narrow down the field.
Go home, arrange to go back in the near future probably having narrowed the field down to one post trip.

Basically you need to do that which you say you are going to do. Most men are windbags and dreamers - in both Ukraine or the USA. So when a bloke does what he says he will do that is a big plus point. Women here, just as in the USA recognise and respect the 'solidny' man. Being reliable and trustworthy is worth more to most women then appearance.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 08:00:23 AM »
Hey FreeRabbit, I should offer you this perspective. The number of girls you'll find on this sites are such a small number compared to the total population there.

DUH, right?

Well, along those lines the girls you meet on these sites are not necessarily representative of a village, city, or country. Same as with eHarmony.

You mentioned of getting a visa to stay in UA for a year. I doubt very much that will happen unless you have a squeeze out there and live together with her. And be able to prove it. If you apply for a visa to UA, you will get a 6 months visa and you HAVE* to leave the country and wait another 6 months to obtain another visa. This will be ample time for you to really "get" what these girls are all about.

You are better off simply going there for 3 months without a visa and scout the area. There is a very good opportunity you may leave earlier than the 90 days. But that is up to your personality and how much abuse you are willing to take.

Good luck. I really mean it.  :smokin:

*You will learn that Ukraine reached a milestone recently. The country has been declared 100% corrupt so you can easily buy your stay if you have enough resources.

Offline FreeRabbit

• Jethro Alert!
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 08:02:21 AM »
Get on the big silver bird.
Meet the women (and more through the agency), make some choices and narrow down the field.
Go home, arrange to go back in the near future probably having narrowed the field down to one post trip.

Most men are windbags and dreamers - in both Ukraine or the USA. So when a bloke does what he says he will do that is a big plus point.

Big silver bird? Was that quote originally from Tom??
The way things stand....Rush Limbaugh is more likely to get a humanitarian award from N.O.W. than I am to get more than 2 consecutive vacation days. But I work from home.....anywhere I go with a laptop, I can continue working.
So I'm hoping to verify this rumor I've heard that an American can get a 6-month visa to Ukraine and renew it for another 6 months. That should dispel any doubts of my veracity. (Plus, if it happens it'll be a great business move, living on Ukraine expenses while earning American salary.)

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 08:03:12 AM »

Most men are windbags and dreamers - in both Ukraine or the USA.

But British blokes living overseas are men's men, correct? That's why the Estonian sheep are running scared.  :8)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 08:07:34 AM »

But British blokes living overseas are men's men, correct? That's why the Estonian sheep are running scared.  :8)

Stop being a silly little boy.
As I noted there are blowhards everywhere. Are you one?

The thing that people who know me know - I do what I say I will do. And yes, I am solidny.

To advise Freerabbit to make a committment and stick to it is something that all should be able to support, it is kinda illustrative that your comment is a silly attempt to dilute the point.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 08:17:09 AM »

Why, Mr. Fi, how nice of you. I'll take the years off any time.

The thing that people who know me know - I do what I say I will do. And yes, I am solidny.

Boy, was I right. A man's man.

To advise Freerabbit to make a committment and stick to it is something that all should be able to support,

I have absolutely no arguments about this.

I'm just awed at such manliness of those who will do what they say they'll do. That's all.

Offline FreeRabbit

• Jethro Alert!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 08:20:30 AM »

If you guys are gonna fight, can I hold your coats?

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 08:24:07 AM »

If you guys are gonna fight, can I hold your coats?

No need to. This is how we show our mutual love.  :-\

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 09:29:52 AM »
Muzh, can you refrain from trolling please? Behaving like a primary school kid is hardly a good way to welcome the new chap.  (:)
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 01:29:33 PM »
I didn't get any results from searching this forum for Russianlovematch (with or without spaces) so I suppose that's a good sign.

I've been spending membership money and politely explaining that email is expensive enough, but $1 a minute to chat is something that usually comes with simulated sex here in America and I'm not going to go broke over this. The women I've stuck with after initial conversations certainly don't seem phony on this site. But some of them most definitely are!

I'm a member on vkontakte.com, having been invited by a nice Ukrainian girl who just seemed to want to do me a favor, and I haven't spoken to since (they seem so kind to foreigners over there!!), and since it appears 90% of all life forms in Ukraine use vkontakte, it's a good place to search some of the Russianlovematch women who do use it.

Among them, I've found several RLM users who display current pictures with their boyfriends, set their status to "In love with....." some guy named Vasily or Boris, or even "engaged to...." (and with 2-year-old daughter!) while claiming on a dating site to be single, without children! My favorite one is actually a girl who's in a relationship with another girl.

D

This is an endeavor that may make more sense to educate yourself a bit before leaping in.
There's plenty of info on the site; most who are or have actually been looking and have no interest in such sites would tell you to stay far away from pay per letter/paid videochat services, as the model almost begs to be abused/fantasy, regardless of if it's by the agency/site or individuals.

There are plenty of well regarded sites that are free or are a flat subscription fee; why would you pay per letter, or pay someone to do a video chant, if not for sheer "fantasy" (of one form or another)? ???

Offline TomT

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 02:02:11 PM »
To advise Freerabbit to make a committment and stick to it is something that all should be able to support...

Of course, we would hope that any such commitment would be supported by a whole lot more than a dozen emails or two.

Offline ptgarner1

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 05:33:43 AM »
Yep...I met my wife on Russian Love match...so it is possible but not easy....or inexpensive....much has been written about this and similar sites...and more depends upon the local agency than the parent company..  I think that even as hopeful as these women are for a better life...they can still smell bullshit from 2000 km away...and you will probably really only have a chance to smell it in person......get to know  several girls and then get on the big silver bird as Tom said...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 05:49:34 AM »
Yep...I met my wife on Russian Love match...so it is possible but not easy....or inexpensive....much has been written about this and similar sites...and more depends upon the local agency than the parent company..  I think that even as hopeful as these women are for a better life...they can still smell bullshit from 2000 km away...and you will probably really only have a chance to smell it in person......get to know  several girls and then get on the big silver bird as Tom said...

.. as Andrew said. ;)

Thing is that stuff costs what it costs. Running a setup like RLM is not cheap and anyone who tells you he can do it for less with honesty and reliability is lying.

As a much more literate bloke than me once wrote:
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
and that is as true today as it was a hundred years or more ago.

You are correct though that the local agency is very important in the mix. Guys who have tried to shortchange the process have almost always ended up disappointed.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
Muzh, can you refrain from trolling please? Behaving like a primary school kid is hardly a good way to welcome the new chap.  (:)

Yes sir.

[Deleted a well thought out response]

Registration