The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Scammed by UAdreams  (Read 24687 times)

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None Yet
Re: Scammed by UAdreams
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 01:10:29 PM »
Hi Ghost,

Sounds like your really shaken up by all of this, can I ask a bit more about you, age etc?

First of all, you haven't travelled to meet anyone from this site, you probably haven't blown too much cash and you shouldn't get too emotionally involved in anyone until you have formed a real relationship. Up until now you've been exchanging letters with a random. I'm not putting you down here, but give yourself a shake and turn the page - life and love is still out there and as far as I'm aware your still alive and kicking. Forget the medicine!!!!

The only other piece of advice I can offer, is that it would be wise to read up about the FSU adventure and think hard about whether you have the stomach, time and bank balance to give yourself a fighting chance. Like AvHdB said, there are many caring women out there also looking for love so don't lose sight of this.

Right now I'm feeling kinda lucky and life is good, but like any relationship the world over, I could be out on my arse before I know it. It's how you deal with it after. I would say for an FSUW persuit, be strong or stay home!

Best of luck
Ross

Rosco, really great post. I think it should be a sticky here at RUAdventures. I know when I first realized how badly I had been scammed at ADate, I felt pretty much like the OP felt. But I have not given up, I am alive and still kicking and gonna fight as hard as I can to find a loving, selfless woman in the FSU I can spoil rotten with a lot of love and kindness.
A blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time, but only by accident. - My advice to any member wondering whether or not they should make the very bad decision of using Anastasiadate.

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 01:18:04 PM »
Hi Ghost,

Sounds like your really shaken up by all of this, can I ask a bit more about you, age etc?

First of all, you haven't travelled to meet anyone from this site, you probably haven't blown too much cash and you shouldn't get too emotionally involved in anyone until you have formed a real relationship. Up until now you've been exchanging letters with a random. I'm not putting you down here, but give yourself a shake and turn the page - life and love is still out there and as far as I'm aware your still alive and kicking. Forget the medicine!!!!

The only other piece of advice I can offer, is that it would be wise to read up about the FSU adventure and think hard about whether you have the stomach, time and bank balance to give yourself a fighting chance. Like AvHdB said, there are many caring women out there also looking for love so don't lose sight of this.

Right now I'm feeling kinda lucky and life is good, but like any relationship the world over, I could be out on my arse before I know it. It's how you deal with it after. I would say for an FSUW persuit, be strong or stay home!

Best of luck
Ross

Rosco, really great post. I think it should be a sticky here at RUAdventures. I know when I first realized how badly I had been scammed at ADate, I felt pretty much like the OP felt. But I have not given up, I am alive and still kicking and gonna fight as hard as I can to find a loving, selfless woman in the FSU I can spoil rotten with a lot of love and kindness.

How would a guy with 5 posts know what a "sticky" is?

:popcorn:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Ghost79

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 06:14:27 AM »

Whoa there.

I am NOT judging anyone here. I posit a very plausible scenario where the girl is just doing her job for a marriage agency. Am I condemning her for doing that? Nope.

What I'm telling ghost is he had his first lesson. Snap out of it and let's try to help you find your dream. Nothing more, nothing less.
And to Ghost I am really sorry for your experience. If you need to talk you can pm me. Hope you had better luck in dating now, as much time gone sence this thread were posted in.

An advice Research the sites you use online before you use them, eliminates the problem, before it gets a problem, in most cases.
The grief is hard, hope time and doing other things in life helps to go on. Only you yourself Ghost decides if when or if ever move on, or not able, understandable.

I have full respect and understanding that you love that girl in Uadreams.
One can wish the girl you love asked of forgivness and did right and honour her promises and love to you through Uadreams, it could happend but the chances are slim at best, but who knows for sure, I mean if you cannot move on with another girl.
I am again very sorry for whats happend to you Ghost, but do not let the scammers put you down, they are not worth it. I know it might be hard to do, but try. Those scamming lying crooks thieves is not worth it, nor your time nor your tears and heart brokenness.

Good luck all in search of love.

Thank you for your kind words. I found that girl on VK early in 2012 but and she blocked me. She has a boyfriend now. I have not been a happier person since before I used UAdreams, those *snip*s scarred my heart really good.
And now I am still alone and unsuccessful finding someone to like me enough to be with.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2016, 12:04:44 PM »
Thank you for your kind words. I found that girl on VK early in 2012 but and she blocked me. She has a boyfriend now. I have not been a happier person since before I used UAdreams, those *snip*s scarred my heart really good.
And now I am still alone and unsuccessful finding someone to like me enough to be with.

Welcome back!  tiphat

Perhaps a bit harsh but I suspect you need to look at your self and study your shortcomings to gather more insight into a better outcome.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 06:30:42 PM »
"I annoyed her one time and the writer made mistake by sending me the letter at 9am on a freezing Saturday December morning at her agency!  I guess someone in the office was writing these letters or she suddenly knows English and writes from her own computer at home."

According the dating site, some of the ladies have their own computer or smart phone and write back directly to you.  They can easily use a software translation program if their English is not that good. Also, some of the office workers may be teleworking from home, so not necessary to go to the office.

"I had questions in many letters but she didn't bother answer them all, maybe 1 of 3 but she still wanted me to write her all the time. As time passed on she would also send pictures that were slight sexual in content, like taking off her pants and with stockings! Would a sincere women seriously looking abroad would sent these kinda pictures?
And it didn't make sense to me that she wanted to video chat with me all the time but had little interest in me."

When a particular question is not answered, most likely the answer would not show the lady in a "good light" so no response would be made.  The requests to keep writing and go on video chat is what keeps the dating site business up and running.  The site does not make advertisement revenue, so it has to make money by other means (which in this case is from the male customers).  You need to go to other dating sites (and even some foreign chat sites) and see the many revealing video cams (some with no clothes) from the female AND male profiles.  On one dating site, I have been getting letters and photos from a lady who seems to have a very promiscuous character.  She talks about how she wants to have sex and sent me a topless photo of herself as an introduction.   :o   :eeekk:

"However she never asked where i live or what i do for a living and yet still wanted me to write, video chat and to come visit her!"

Did you complete your profile on the dating site?  If you did, your occupation and residence location is part of your profile, so it is not necessary to ask you.  I am not sure about the lady, but pretty sure the owners of the website want you to write, video chat and visit the office......NOW.   :money:   :plane:

"I'm trying to forgive her but I cant deny the fact I'm also angry for being treated so unfairly as I really did like her yet she chose to take advantage of me in a very deceitful way...I still cant believe the evilness on this whole operation is set up. They got it all figured out on how to put there men in.
They also put there girls on a diet to look better for there studio pictures and sometimes even in tasteless lingerie!"

Pay per letter sites and some subscription fee dating sites (and even a few free dating sites) operate in this manner.  They have to attract customers (just like the advertising circulars for your local stores).  Think of it like Playboy magazine covers splashed across the computer screen.  If you do not buy the magazine, then why do they need to publish it?  There are many photos that are enhanced where heavy makeup is applied and blemishes are removed so the lady looks nearly perfect.  I have seen a couple of ladies who sent me photos of themselves without the makeup and it was a very big difference in appearance.   :o   :eeekk: I think if they placed all of the ladies profiles photos without makeup, a large number of men would be turned off very fast.   (:) :sick0012:

"the girl is sending these pictures to all her man clients she is writing too after some time, not just me..."

I think the lady (or her ghost writer) has a portfolio of photos that they send out to all male correspondents depending on the level of contact with that person.  If she is writing to ten men with at the same level at one time interval, I would assume that she would send the same photos of all of the men.

I am not excusing the agency and its practices.  There are many insincere and fake profiles on free, subscription, and pay per letter dating sties.  People looking to make some money are everywhere.  Especially those that call you on the phone trying to sell you something or pretend to be someone.   >:( :D :evilgrin0002:    The online dating scene has changed quite a bit since I first got online.  Unfortunately, a large number of companies and people who are just out to make some money have flooded the internet.   :'(
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2016, 08:53:30 AM »
Ghost79 - it probably is no help to allow an external agency to 'scar your heart'.

From the way you write I reckon that you have a bit of a self esteem thing going on - as in low self esteem.
Here's the thing, you are unlikely to attain your goals unless you value yourself sufficiently to be able to understand your complicity in what went wrong and are able to strap on a pair of proper mester's balls and go make proper relationships. it isn't easy and dong it with fake people in foreign lands is even harder.

When was the last time you had a proper dating relationship with a real physical person?
Without you saying a word I'd lay odds that it was a while ago.
Thing is dating and building relationships are trainable sports. If you are not match fit then you won't win the events. That means practice! Of course, when you get some practice in you are likely to find that you don't need to look for a foreign bint, who may, or may not be, real. Your country is full of attractive, personable women who want the same things you do, for the same reasons.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline loska

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 07:14:51 AM »
:'(

Offline loska

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 07:24:29 AM »
just few things to think about. why all girls (or almost all)are members of very expensive dating sites? Ukraine Cupid is free, but almost all female members are older. i would say also genuine. i was member of Russian brides. received bit less than 1.000 letters!!! me, or Brad Pitt, seems the same. and almost all Ukrainian dating sites are run as business by foreigners, mostly Americans. Why?

Online AvHdB

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 08:10:35 AM »
just few things to think about. why all girls (or almost all)are members of very expensive dating sites? Ukraine Cupid is free, but almost all female members are older. i would say also genuine. i was member of Russian brides. received bit less than 1.000 letters!!! me, or Brad Pitt, seems the same. and almost all Ukrainian dating sites are run as business by foreigners, mostly Americans. Why?

Welcome to RUA !

Tell us more about your insights, can be drama or laughs. I sort of doubt B. Pitt needs to use UAdreams to find a partner or bothers to read letters from dating sites. M. Gibson would be another issue though.

Offline loska

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »
as new here, cant say much about insight. no drama, for me never. but first impression , this is more add page for some businessman, then everything else. expected you, as experienced member, to give some, at least half answers on my questions.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 10:17:43 AM »
as new here, cant say much about insight. no drama, for me never. but first impression , this is more add page for some businessman, then everything else. expected you, as experienced member, to give some, at least half answers on my questions.

I think, Sebastian, therefore, I, am.
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »

Probably because Americans wish to control all aspects of the world..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 12:36:47 PM »
almost all Ukrainian dating sites are run as business by foreigners, mostly Americans. Why?

The US is the biggest market for blokes writing to what may or may not be Ukrainian women.

Yanks are out of their comfort zone with anything other than US dollars and Paypal and/or credit card. They wont use anything you cannot charge back. Many of them use charge back instead of customer service. They are easier to squeeze money for their fantasies from if you price the product in US$, use a payment method they can charge back and have a US number.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 02:36:08 PM »
almost all Ukrainian dating sites are run as business by foreigners, mostly Americans. Why?

The US is the biggest market for blokes writing to what may or may not be Ukrainian women.

Yanks are out of their comfort zone with anything other than US dollars and Paypal and/or credit card. They wont use anything you cannot charge back. Many of them use charge back instead of customer service. They are easier to squeeze money for their fantasies from if you price the product in US$, use a payment method they can charge back and have a US number.

One could ask the question as to why the US men wish to find and marry a FSU lady rather than a woman from their own country??

There must be a reason....

Maybe its because American woman are so emancipated and know their rights, and just won't take NO shit which the typical US male seems to thrive upon.... ;D
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 04:39:00 PM »

One could ask the question as to why the US men wish to find and marry a FSU lady rather than a woman from their own country??

Maybe its because American woman are so emancipated and know their rights, and just won't take NO shit which the typical US male seems to thrive upon.... ;D

I assumed it was because many US women are very fat. And the ones that are not - and have a brain and an education - are lesser in quantity, highly prized and there is much competition for?

When you subtract Hispanics/Mexicans and Jerry Springer candidates from the dating pool, it becomes somewhat smaller. That is what they say.....
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 05:06:29 PM »

I think the socio-economic aspects play a major role with international dating sites.  Note that Latin America, Africa, Asia, and portions of Europe are the regions where many foreign ladies are listed on these sites.  The lower economic conditions in those regions make it more "appetizing" to "buy" a mail order bride than in the other parts of the world.  Outside of the typical dating sites, the women of North America, Western Europe, Australia do not appear on sites like "DateUSAbrides", "Scandinaviandolls", or "GreatBarrierReeflovers".  Their living standards are higher, so they do not need to apply heavy makeup and wear bikinis on the photos that they post.   :knit:   :Stickouttongue3:

Online AvHdB

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 10:33:19 PM »

I think the socio-economic aspects play a major role with international dating sites.  Note that Latin America, Africa, Asia, and portions of Europe are the regions where many foreign ladies are listed on these sites.  The lower economic conditions in those regions make it more "appetizing" to "buy" a mail order bride than in the other parts of the world.  Outside of the typical dating sites, the women of North America, Western Europe, Australia do not appear on sites like "DateUSAbrides", "Scandinaviandolls", or "GreatBarrierReeflovers".  Their living standards are higher, so they do not need to apply heavy makeup and wear bikinis on the photos that they post.   :knit:   :Stickouttongue3:

I suspect American males buy into the fantasy more easily of a docile woman from what ever poor and impoverished country that said woman lives in. It is in fact still heavily marketed in The States I understand.

The agencies mostly based in North America are the relationship alternative to fantasy sports.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2016, 12:52:15 AM »

I suspect American males buy into the fantasy more easily of a docile woman from what ever poor and impoverished country that said woman lives in. It is in fact still heavily marketed in The States I understand.

The agencies mostly based in North America are the relationship alternative to fantasy sports.

Are you saying that American men want women who are controllable and "Do as they are Told"?

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2016, 12:58:24 AM »

Looking at sites such as "Dating.com, Need a man.com, etc, There are many US, European, Aussie women looking for men, and they use "make up" quiet liberally, but shame to say, few would even fit in a bikini...

But yes, the countries where the standard of living is lower for whatever reason, there does seem to be more choice available.

Suppose its all about what a person is looking for.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2016, 01:01:48 AM »

I assumed it was because many US women are very fat. And the ones that are not - and have a brain and an education - are lesser in quantity, highly prized and there is much competition for?

When you subtract Hispanics/Mexicans and Jerry Springer candidates from the dating pool, it becomes somewhat smaller. That is what they say.....

Possibly the reason why so many American men prefer to own a "Pick up" with HD suspension.. :laugh:

Online AvHdB

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 01:55:09 AM »

Possibly the reason why so many American men prefer to own a "Pick up" with HD suspension.. :laugh:

If you need a better 'picture' of the American underbelly look for a web site called people of Walmart. Please do not do this after eating (or perhaps before). In fact this population are the outliers.

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 04:14:09 PM »

Yes, there is this glamorous ideal foreign woman ready to be picked up from the bumper crop of beauties.  Like going through a girly magazine and making your choice selections.   :evilgrin0002:

It is marketed not only in the states, but in other countries as well.  For example, Vietnamese women in China and Korea.  Eastern European women in the Middle East.  There are even programs held in the local country to help the ladies get acclimated with the new country of her spouse.   :loving:

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2016, 04:16:57 PM »

Are you saying that American men want women who are controllable and "Do as they are Told"?

There are plenty for foreign men who want spouses who are "compliant".   :bow:

Americans just want to join the "bandwagon".   (:) :whist11:

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2016, 04:22:03 PM »

Looking at sites such as "Dating.com, Need a man.com, etc, There are many US, European, Aussie women looking for men, and they use "make up" quiet liberally, but shame to say, few would even fit in a bikini...

But yes, the countries where the standard of living is lower for whatever reason, there does seem to be more choice available.

Suppose its all about what a person is looking for.

I do want to say anything derogatory about the local online dating scene, but many of the profiles on there are people that I would not want to meet in a dark alley.   :o (:) :sick0012:  And viewing some the video cams on the chat sites, it seems like a lot of people that are of a suspect character are online.    :'(

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2016, 04:26:48 PM »

Obesity is becoming a major problem in this country.  Luckily, I am not afflicted with this malady.  ;D   :biggrin:  Yes, there is more to love, but also a higher risk of being flattened.  :hidechair:

Registration