The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Scammed by UAdreams  (Read 24583 times)

Offline Ghost79

Scammed by UAdreams
« on: January 18, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »
I have been scammed by this Ukraine agency for 5 months and i feel terribly embarrassed as I opened my heart to her and said things i normally wouldn't so easy and im bothered on the emotional damage this girl and agency caused me.
I am appalled on how this agency works and on how mercilessly she used me and i keep thinking did i diverse it? Am i a bad person, is that why she enjoyed using and playing with my sincere feelings?
Ill defintly not look for the FSU ever again to find someone thats for sure.
At this moment it feels like ill never be able to recover from this as this whole 5 month experience has scarred me as i keep thinking about it every single day.
Im seriously thinking of seeking profession help for my mental well being soon as i may need to take medicine.

I already asked them to remove my profile 6 times and they still tell me to continue and finish my left credits!

I noticed UAdreams also put there women profiles on many other dating sites to steal there clients and lure men to there's.
And after my free first 3 short letters she would already say that she missed me and thanked me for appearance in her life!
I annoyed her one time and the writer made mistake by sending me the letter at 9am on a freezing saturday December morning at her agency!I guess someone in the office was writing these letters or she suddenly knows English and writes from her own computer at home.
I had questions in many letters but she didnt bother answer them all, maybe 1 of 3 but she still wanted me to write her all the time. As time passed on she would also send pictures that were slight sexual in content, like taking off her pants and with stockings! Would a sincere women seriously looking abroad would sent these kinda pictures?
And it didnt make sense to me that she wanted to video chat with me all the time but had little interest in me.

Offline upsylon

Re: Scammed by UAdreams
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 11:30:38 AM »
Uadreams.com is a very well known scam site. don't you seek informations on google about the site you use? don't you know they pay girls to have discussion with you?

Offline AnfieldRiot

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 11:31:38 AM »
I have been scammed by this Ukraine agency for 5 months and i feel terribly embarrassed as I opened my heart to her and said things i normally wouldn't so easy and im bothered on the emotional damage this girl and agency caused me.
I am appalled on how this agency works and on how mercilessly she used me and i keep thinking did i diverse it? Am i a bad person, is that why she enjoyed using and playing with my sincere feelings?
Ill definitely not look for the FSU ever again to find someone thats for sure.
At this moment it feels like ill never be able to recover from this as this whole 5 month experience has scarred me as i keep thinking about it every single day.
Im seriously thinking of seeking profession help for my mental well being soon as i may need to take medicine.

I already asked them to remove my profile 6 times and they still tell me to continue and finish my left credits!

I noticed UAdreams also put there women profiles on many other dating sites to steal there clients and lure men to there's.
And after my free first 3 short letters she would already say that she missed me and thanked me for appearance in her life!
I annoyed her one time and the writer made mistake by sending me the letter at 9am on a freezing saturday December morning at her agency!I guess someone in the office was writing these letters or she suddenly knows English and writes from her own computer at home.
I had questions in many letters but she didnt bother answer them all, maybe 1 of 3 but she still wanted me to write her all the time. As time passed on she would also send pictures that were slight sexual in content, like taking off her pants and with stockings! Would a sincere women seriously looking abroad would sent these kinda pictures?
And it didnt make sense to me that she wanted to video chat with me all the time but had little interest in me.

I would suggest spending some serious time on this board and read as much as you can about the journey of finding a FSU based partner. Your story is not unique, many of the pitfalls you have listed are full of men like yourself.

While you may have some personal heartache and anguish, the bright side is that you could be A LOT thinner in the wallet if you continued your path. All isn't lost, you made the smart move of coming here and if you read and interact with the posters here, you'll be well on your way to recovery and finding someone real and genuine.

Good luck !

Offline mazimtaim

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »
Ill defintly not look for the FSU ever again to find someone thats for sure.

Hello Sir,

I am sorry about your experience at UADreams.  I have never used that service but I have run into issues with scammers before.  But not all agencies are the same.  And neither are all Ukrainian women.  Perhaps you will find another dating site or another country where you feel you may have more success.  But as a man who has found at least the possibility of happiness there, I can tell you, if you look hard enough you can find someone.  I know you are angry and hurt now.  I have been also in the past.  And in my case, I actually spent a few grand on a trip to Odessa.  The lady wasn't even that interested in me on my second visit.  Luckily, I found someone else. 

If you want to talk here, I am sure there are many people who can advise you.  If you wish to talk offline, I am available for that.  There are better agencies and better methods to aid in your search. 

Offline upsylon

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
Besides i hope you have learned your lesson about FSU women now

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 11:37:31 AM »

How? He hasn't met any yet. What he experienced is not representative of FSU women.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 01:37:58 PM »

How? He hasn't met any yet. What he experienced is not representative of FSU women.

Manny, is there a gnat in this room? It sure is annoying.

Hey Ghost. Sorry to hear what happened to you. However, you shouldn't bunch all Ukrainian women like that. Besides, how do you know you were not writing to Fat Yuri?

Stick around and learn the tricks of finding a REAL lady in the FSU. Believe me, it is worth the effort.

Offline Manny

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 04:29:24 PM »
Manny, is there a gnat in this room? It sure is annoying.

Is that what the buzzing was?   :chuckle:

Maybe upsydaisy got lost on the way to his topic.  :innocent:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 01:45:06 AM »
Ghost79,

Welcome to RUA where the men are real and the women . . . well women.

Sorry to hear of your expeirence and for what it is worth in one form or the other many of the people posting here have been taken advantage off. We learn from the mistakes and sometimes a bit chagrined share them so others do not commit them.

There ARE women in the former Soviet Union who are caring and sincere and are looking for a relationship with a man that is honest and real. If you read the different threads you will find stories that confirm this.

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 04:03:27 AM »
Hi Ghost,

Sounds like your really shaken up by all of this, can I ask a bit more about you, age etc?

First of all, you haven't travelled to meet anyone from this site, you probably haven't blown too much cash and you shouldn't get too emotionally involved in anyone until you have formed a real relationship. Up until now you've been exchanging letters with a random. I'm not putting you down here, but give yourself a shake and turn the page - life and love is still out there and as far as I'm aware your still alive and kicking. Forget the medicine!!!!

The only other piece of advice I can offer, is that it would be wise to read up about the FSU adventure and think hard about whether you have the stomach, time and bank balance to give yourself a fighting chance. Like AvHdB said, there are many caring women out there also looking for love so don't lose sight of this.

Right now I'm feeling kinda lucky and life is good, but like any relationship the world over, I could be out on my arse before I know it. It's how you deal with it after. I would say for an FSUW persuit, be strong or stay home!

Best of luck
Ross

Offline Ghost79

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 10:23:19 AM »
Hi thx for all your advice, i will hopefully do better everyday.

Hey Ghost. Sorry to hear what happened to you. However, you shouldn't bunch all Ukrainian women like that. Besides, how do you know you were not writing to Fat Yuri?

Well i received a private video from her saying my name, i also got custom made pictures with my desired location and she is still there available for private videochat and she also gave me alot of small details on her personal life that you just cant make up, so the lady is real and she knows of my existence for sure.
However she never asked where i live or what i do for a living and yet still wanted me to write, videochat and to come visit her!
Im trying to forgive her but i cant deny the fact im also angry for being treated so unfairly as i really did like her yet she chose to take advantage of me in a very deceitful way...I still cant believe the evilness on this whole operation is set up. They got it all figured out on how to put there men in.
They also put there girls on a diet to look better for there studio pictures and sometimes even in tasteless lingery!

Offline mazimtaim

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »

Well i received a private video from her saying my name, i also got custom made pictures with my desired location and she is still there available for private videochat and she also gave me alot of small details on her personal life that you just cant make up, so the lady is real and she knows of my existence for sure.
However she never asked where i live or what i do for a living and yet still wanted me to come visit her!
Im trying to forgive her but i cant deny the fact im also angry for being treated so unfairly as i really did like her yet she chose to take advantage of me in a very deceitful way...I still cant believe the evilness on this whole operation is set up. They got it all figured out on how to put there men in.
They also put there girls on a diet to look better for there studio pictures and sometimes even in tasteless lingery!

Not surprising.  Ghost, don't you think there is a chance that you might have had unrealistic expectations?  Maybe for her, details about your life were not important at this stage.  Perhaps some women, regardless of ethnic background, don't have the same issues with sexuality.  Women have mailed me nude pictures before. 

We want to rely so heavily upon stereotypes, but the truth is everyone is different.  Some are very conservative, others are not.  Some will be ready for a sexual relationship quickly.  With others, it takes time. 

I only say this because though there are some common themes when you meet FSU women, there just isn't a neat box to put all of them into.  And I have caught myself many times getting things I did not expect or expecting something that was never going to happen.

Offline Ghost79

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »

However she never asked where i live or what i do for a living and yet still wanted me to come visit her!

Not surprising.  Ghost, don't you think there is a chance that you might have had unrealistic expectations?  Maybe for her, details about your life were not important at this stage.  Perhaps some women, regardless of ethnic background, don't have the same issues with sexuality.  Women have mailed me nude pictures before. 

We want to rely so heavily upon stereotypes, but the truth is everyone is different.  Some are very conservative, others are not.  Some will be ready for a sexual relationship quickly.  With others, it takes time. 

I only say this because though there are some common themes when you meet FSU women, there just isn't a neat box to put all of them into.  And I have caught myself many times getting things I did not expect or expecting something that was never going to happen.

So your telling me that im not scammed and it is normal the things she send and wrote me, you gotta be kidding me!?
But i guess perhaps i indeed was a bit too hopeful and got dragged by my emotions too much.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »

So your telling me that im not scammed and it is normal the things she send and wrote me, you gotta be kidding me!?
But i guess perhaps i indeed was a bit too hopeful and got dragged by my emotions too much.

Ghost, you were definitely scammed. The question is by who. Many of these videochat agencies are nothing but soft porn. The girls can be real but they are doing their job and getting paid for it. You need to take a step back and get rid of the anger and then think logically how to approach this. Once you figure the steps you have to take, then and only then you can afford to be a little reckless. That's why we are here, to give you many alternatives and for you to choose what best matches your desires, craziness, sojourn, crusade, whatever you want to call it. Capice?

Mazimtaim, I'm trying to understand your first paragraph, in specific the last two sentences. It may very well be a case of unrealistic expectations (hm, where have I heard that before?) but we don't know for sure.

Ghost has learned a lesson the hard way. The smart man in him will tuck this under his belt and not make the same mistake. IOW, if it's too good to be true, most of the time it is. So, with that said, Ghost don't fall for the hype. You are looking for a wife, right? So...., what is your idea of your wife-to-be?

Online AvHdB

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
Ghost,

Perhaps you were scammed (my guess, yes). There are those here on RUA and beyond who have found a wonderful wife, partner and friend.

The reality it can be this person is one street away or one continent away. So search you should.

You can read and ask questions here, normally there is no charge for the reply. Focus on the goal and study the threads, some sad and ugly, others amazing.

AvHdB

Offline mazimtaim

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »

No, I am not kidding you.  Every situation is different.  She may have scammed you.  I am asking you to consider that perhaps she didn't.  I don't know the specifics of your situation.  But from what you haved shared, I have rendered an opinion.  If you are basing these conclusions on misunderstandings in your letters, provocative pictures that she has sent, or her talking about you in glowing terms only after a few letters, I think you can be in error.

I have run into all of that in the past and I must say that I was highly suspicious also.  Sometimes, I was right.  Other times, I was just plain wrong. 

Let's take the pictures.  Some women are under the impression that men are visual creatures.  They think that if you can't attract them first by sight, then you probably won't catch them at all.  I am certain that isn't a cultural thing.  Some women just believe that is the way to a man's heart. 

Offline mazimtaim

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 03:29:17 PM »

Ghost, you were definitely scammed. The question is by who. Many of these videochat agencies are nothing but soft porn. The girls can be real but they are doing their job and getting paid for it. You need to take a step back and get rid of the anger and then think logically how to approach this. Once you figure the steps you have to take, then and only then you can afford to be a little reckless. That's why we are here, to give you many alternatives and for you to choose what best matches your desires, craziness, sojourn, crusade, whatever you want to call it. Capice?

Mazimtaim, I'm trying to understand your first paragraph, in specific the last two sentences. It may very well be a case of unrealistic expectations (hm, where have I heard that before?) but we don't know for sure.

Ghost has learned a lesson the hard way. The smart man in him will tuck this under his belt and not make the same mistake. IOW, if it's too good to be true, most of the time it is. So, with that said, Ghost don't fall for the hype. You are looking for a wife, right? So...., what is your idea of your wife-to-be?

I think my issue is that he alludes to the pictures as being a "tell" for a scammer.  Maybe she just thought that would make him happy?  I only say this because I have had women send me pictures.  And I cannot think ill of them, just because of that.  I have a hard time with rendering judgement on others.  Maybe the issue for Ghost is that this particular lady isn't a good fit?

That's what I mean about unreasonable expectations.  It may take several ladies and/or several visits to find the right woman.  To expect to join one site, talk to one woman, and find your match is not realistic.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »

I think my issue is that he alludes to the pictures as being a "tell" for a scammer.  Maybe she just thought that would make him happy?  I only say this because I have had women send me pictures.  And I cannot think ill of them, just because of that.  I have a hard time with rendering judgement on others.  Maybe the issue for Ghost is that this particular lady isn't a good fit?

That's what I mean about unreasonable expectations.  It may take several ladies and/or several visits to find the right woman.  To expect to join one site, talk to one woman, and find your match is not realistic.

Whoa there.

I am NOT judging anyone here. I posit a very plausible scenario where the girl is just doing her job for a marriage agency. Am I condemning her for doing that? Nope.

What I'm telling ghost is he had his first lesson. Snap out of it and let's try to help you find your dream. Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Ghost79

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »
Mazimtaim, the girl is sending these pictures to all her man clients she is writing too after some time, not just me...
And I was hoping i'd feel better after starting this topic. Im not sure if i should forget this all and learn from this experience or report the agency to as much instances as i can but i just dont have enough time for that.
I just want to close this bad chapter in my life but im still unable to forget it as my mind is still filled with unanswered questions.

Offline mazimtaim

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »

Whoa there.

I am NOT judging anyone here. I posit a very plausible scenario where the girl is just doing her job for a marriage agency. Am I condemning her for doing that? Nope.

What I'm telling ghost is he had his first lesson. Snap out of it and let's try to help you find your dream. Nothing more, nothing less.

Understood.

Offline mazimtaim

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »
Mazimtaim, the girl is sending these pictures to all her man clients she is writing too after some time, not just me...
And I was hoping i'd feel better after starting this topic. Im not sure if i should forget this all and learn from this experience or report the agency to as much instances as i can but i just dont have enough time for that.
I just want to close this bad chapter in my life but im still unable to forget it as my mind is still filled with unanswered questions.

That is information I did not find in your first post.  If it was there, I apologize for overlooking it.  If you are absolutely certain you were scammed, then I won't question you further.  Good luck in the future. You can try looking at some of trip reports here, including mine.  Hopefully, they can prove helpful if you choose to continue your search in the FSU.

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 03:54:14 PM »
Hullo Ghost. Maybe you got scammed and maybe not. As far as I can see you are upset over three things.

You are upset that the girl never asked about your city but if you have been communicating for some months why have you not told her where you are from? If it is not important to you then why must it be important to her?

You entered into an agreement with a marriage agency. I suppose that you did more than look at profiles and open your wallet. I suppose that you researched the agency, read all info that they supply. I expect you know how or when you can get her address or phone number.

An agency has expenses and they usually begin a year or more before they make any income let alone profit. It is natural that they want to maximize profit on an investment. The ugly part is how far they go maximizing it. Some agencies maximize control over the woman even more than usual. Your special video with your name in it may be nothing more than agency control and she did or said whatever the agency thought she should do or say. This gets to being an art form of its own. I would not personally criticize an agency for its way of operating only because it can be with good or evil intentions and who knows the intentions. Your concern should be with how to get her personal contact info.

As far as the pictures. I once had a very shy and interesting girl (an art student) bring me an application and one of her pictures was a full nude. She was more interested in if it was pretty or not and only thought of being naked as art. But that was only one example. Each man has his boundaries and if you object to what the woman is wearing then that is your prerogative. It is still possible that the agency decided what the woman send to you.

An agency is not doing its job if it does not try to spread its profiles out as much as possible. This can be to the benefit of the woman though over time it can lead to headaches getting her 20 profiles back off the net.

As I see it, there is some responsibility for the man to pay the agency for the opportunity to meet a woman. Some see it differently and in that case go find free websites. After that you need to focus on getting her away. After that you need to meet her. After that you need to really know her. You are still at the first stage.

Scott
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »
Ghost
You said you were corresponded with one girl from that agency, and she wanted you to visit her? I'm not sure I understand what made you disappointed of her. you didn't travel till there to meet her in person. You can't know anything about her from her letters, and, or videos until you meet her in person. I know that from first hand experience. I met with girl with whom I was writing for about two and a half years. and what I've found was completely different creature. She was the same girl from the pictures. but nothing from the affectionate sweet letters. she probably was affected by the cold weather at that time. 
Can you tell her name and id number and post link to her profile?
Any girl is different. the thing is that since there is no direct contact with the girls in that agency (i.e. letters are translated forth and back) you can never know if the letters from particular girl show the reality (i.e. genuine and for real), and if she would write you the same things without an agency. there is no way to find out until you come to meet her in person.
According to the rules of that agency exchanging of contact info is not allowed until first meeting in person in their office.
I would not consider it as scam if you could meet the girl(s) and it would appeared that she is as she wrote you in her letters.
but if she would write with you but without intention to meet, or while meeting she would act differently from what she (supposedly) wrote you (i.e. shows no interest in you), or doesn't come to meet you while you are there, then I would consider it as scam.       
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 07:54:02 PM »
Hi Sharon,

Thanks for posting and welcome to RUA, there is wisdom and humour as well as honour here. You share some common sense reality that is refreshing.

Perhaps an introduction in the Introduction section might be nice. Also Sharon is usually a first name for a woman.

Kindly, AvHdB

Offline freddykreuger

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 02:39:32 PM »

Whoa there.

Just had to say this do not be stupied and say stupied things.
Do not protect scam girl if she is that or prodate girl. Beeing poor of that is the case is no excuse to scam others, one thing steal food, not saying its ok but more understandable.
However trick Western men around World under pretense of marriage, and then also robb them of all their money, no nothing is ok by that evil. In some cases girls also get identities stolen and put up on scam sites for example pay per letter that has online many honest complaints, as Uadreams for example exist many more, but most girls in Uadreams is real they have live video.
Some feeds are fake recorded videos, but not all, one can test them ask them to move around to see their height if refuse they are fake. Some easier tasks as wave is no proof as it can be faked see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbCL93zATCs

However the girls in Uadreams is only there for one reason get paid to talking write to Western men through the site and its services.

Working for marriage agencies scamming Western men around the World is a scam and is a crime, witch shall be condemed and judged by the law.
Yes if she did that she shall be condemed and the same for all type of prodaters and date site scams/agencies et.

It would be diffrent if prodaters date scammers with date scam sites/agencies regretted the evil they do and stop doing it, and pay the money back, but this has not so far happend.
Even if some might do that because of guilt in other cases the heart abuse and trust abuse is not easily fixed.

A good summery of this with Uadreams is shown here by another victim, good read:
http://www.complaintslist.com/websites/dating/ua-dreams/ (General advice: Remember all blame and name calling as stupied and naive is on the scammers nothing is victims fault they are always totally innocent and never shall we blame them or call the victims names, this is also according to the law and justice system).

And to Ghost I am really sorry for your experience. If you need to talk you can pm me. Hope you had better luck in dating now, as much time gone sence this thread were posted in.

An advice Research the sites you use online before you use them, eliminates the problem, before it gets a problem, in most cases.
The grief is hard, hope time and doing other things in life helps to go on. Only you yourself Ghost decides if when or if ever move on, or not able, understandable.

I have full respect and understanding that you love that girl in Uadreams.
One can wish the girl you love asked of forgivness and did right and honour her promises and love to you through Uadreams, it could happend but the chances are slim at best, but who knows for sure, I mean if you cannot move on with another girl.
I am again very sorry for whats happend to you Ghost, but do not let the scammers put you down, they are not worth it. I know it might be hard to do, but try. Those scamming lying crooks thieves is not worth it, nor your time nor your tears and heart brokenness.

Good luck all in search of love.