The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Chris's second trip, first meeting in Lugansk  (Read 122045 times)

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Chris's second trip, first meeting in Lugansk
« Reply #525 on: April 27, 2013, 12:53:09 AM »
I just had a look at this and read the first three pages of this TR.  Now I finally know who Vinny was referring to when he kept mentioning someone being locked in their flat on New Years Eve!!   :chuckle:

Only a hardcore masochist would put up with this sheet and still want to get married.... ???

Great read though; it should be required that anyone even remotely considering going to Ukraine should read this.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #526 on: April 27, 2013, 12:58:45 AM »
not masochists but like lonely men with little understanding of how real people conduct relationships
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Ade

• Spouses Country: Russia/UK-Norway
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #527 on: April 27, 2013, 01:14:35 AM »
Just wondering how Chris is getting on these days? Anybody heard from him?

Well, given the year long deafening silence, I'll take a guess at crash 'n burn.
What a shock (:). And you wonder why people think of you as just a negative twit.

With so much ammunition just laying around, it's kinda hard not to be seen that way unless you are one of the kumbya squad. Reality is unforgiving.

Offline Ade

« Reply #528 on: April 27, 2013, 01:18:08 AM »

Well, given the year long deafening silence, I'll take a guess at crash 'n burn.
What a shock (:). And you wonder why people think of you as just a negative twit.

Oh yeah, and did you actually read his last post on the forum, you know, the one that said they didn't get married yet after all?

Sure they could now be living a life of bliss together but the signs just aren't that promising. Anyone that says differently is a bit a blind idiot.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #529 on: April 27, 2013, 01:19:35 AM »

With so much ammunition just laying around, it's kinda hard not to be seen that way unless you are one of the kumbya squad. Reality is unforgiving.
You are 100% correct about this guy, but that's not the point. The obvious rarely needs to be pointed out to the masses, that you did or felt is necessary to do in your usual nagative way speaks volumes. Just saying.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Larry

« Reply #530 on: April 27, 2013, 06:39:28 AM »
ChrisE came by the chatroom a few months ago.  He is not with Olga from Lugansk anymore.

Offline Ade

« Reply #531 on: April 27, 2013, 06:58:02 AM »

You are 100% correct about this guy, but that's not the point. The obvious rarely needs to be pointed out to the masses, that you did or felt is necessary to do in your usual nagative way speaks volumes. Just saying.

I think you are underestimating the masses ability to be incredibly obtuse especially in this arena where self delusion is the order of the day.

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #532 on: April 27, 2013, 07:09:23 AM »
He is not with Olga from Lugansk anymore.
I would have to say - that doesn't exactly represent the most shocking news I've ever heard!!

It seems there are many new members who have never read this topic - Anyway, its a pretty legendary one which could really benefit from the sticky treatment to keep it more visible for new guys!!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #533 on: April 27, 2013, 08:41:38 AM »
Anyway, its a pretty legendary one which could really benefit from the sticky treatment to keep it more visible for new guys!!

Indeed. Duly stickied.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline ashbyclarke

« Reply #534 on: April 27, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »
And I thought it was Vinny who was locked in an apartment over NY :laugh:

Certainly a few lessons to be learnt for any new venturers to the FSU.

Be nice to know what finally happened though, I'm sure this story brings back memories with many of the more experienced here, albeit only in parts.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline BobbySmith

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #535 on: July 10, 2013, 09:14:23 PM »
What's this thread doing in the train wreck room?  I mean, the train may have jumped the track and be headed for the ground, but it hasn't crashed yet.  As another poster pointed out, all relationships are crapshoots.  All the criticisms that have made just make the odds against the relationship working out much stronger.  Doesn't mean he can't roll a 20 and it works for him.

Offline Larry

« Reply #536 on: July 10, 2013, 09:16:52 PM »
What's this thread doing in the train wreck room?  I mean, the train may have jumped the track and be headed for the ground, but it hasn't crashed yet.  As another poster pointed out, all relationships are crapshoots.  All the criticisms that have made just make the odds against the relationship working out much stronger.  Doesn't mean he can't roll a 20 and it works for him.

It crashed.  The thread hasn't been updated but it definitely crashed.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #537 on: July 10, 2013, 10:33:42 PM »

Bobby, Welcome to RUA ~ perhaps you might want to make a proper introduction.

In different ways various members pointed out too ChrisE before during and after that he was on the wrong track and that Casey Jones was the other conductor. From the last message I had from ChrisE over Skype I understand that he has stopped searching in the former Soviet Union for a partner.

This trip report is a grim reminder for those who lack certain skills.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline patagonie

• Real life is meeting and kissing
  • Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #538 on: July 11, 2013, 02:03:01 AM »
The adventure started like this
Lugansk airport --> Donetsk 90 miles
"This was my first experience on the roads in the FSU outside the city, and as expected, they were in terrible condition. So between the roads being so bumpy, and the driving of the taxi and the other people on the road, let’s just say I didn’t need coffee to stay awake during that 2 hour trip, even after being up for almost 22 hours by this time.

We picked Olga up at the place she works. Olga’s friend had been telling me how excited she was to meet me, and it’s all she could talk about. Apparently she had been telling anyone who would listen! Lol When she walked up to the cab, I got out right away to see the most beautiful woman looking at me, giving me this big happy grin! She said privet, I replied in kind. And not being able to resist, I grabbed her, and picked her up in a big bear hug! She just threw her arms around me and laughed! ;D We got back in the taxi, and headed to the apartment she had rented for me.

The first thing she did was to grab my hand, and hold it the entire trip.  When we arrived, this is when I got my first shock-the taxi bill of nearly $400! Well, there went my budget, and a good chunk of my spending money for the trip. Looks like I’m taking the bus back to the airport! Lol"

Newbies find the mistake.

Always page 1
"I was told it won’t happen until after the holidays. Guess I don’t have much choice! Of course Olga’s friend came along, and they decided they wanted to go for a walk.
  We made it about 3 blocks until she spotted a mall-of course Olga wanted to stop! She made a beeline right to a woman’s fashion store and soon was picking out dresses to try. "

Newbies find the mistake

Always page 1
" After the shopping trip, we ended coming back to the apartment. The girls again made food, saying I should eat more! Lol But it wasn’t long after that Olga started to get repeated phone calls. Apparently her work was calling wanting her to come in. The worker that day had come in drunk, and they needed someone to take over. "

Newbies find the mistake.

And it is endless
this one is a firework :
" My past experience with the pro dater in Kharkov showed me that those kinds of women don’t invest anything but only want to reap the rewards. Olga has not been like this, instead she has been very sweet and attentive. Whenever we go out, she always takes possession of my hand, as if to show anyone going past that I am hers.

But I am still a bit confused about her signals. She will sit with her friend instead of me, but perhaps so she can look at me when we talk, as she keeps eye contact and does focus on me during conversations.  When I open the door, I am given a beautiful smile and a genuine look of happiness to see me. This cannot be faked!

When we say goodbye for the evening, we give each other a big hug, and I kiss her cheek. But I am yet to get a kiss in return. I know she has some pretty heavy emotional baggage from past experiences, and her past with dating Western men has not been a good one for her either. "

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #539 on: July 11, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »
Chris was one of worst, most clueless, stubborn , blind to the truth
Individuals that I ever met.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #540 on: July 11, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »

He was ill, in a state of depression and needed professional help to help him to cope with a metric shit tonne of nasty stuff in his life. People in his situation take desperate measures in an attempt to regain control of their lives.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline ashbyclarke

« Reply #541 on: July 11, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »

He was ill, in a state of depression and needed professional help to help him to cope with a metric shit tonne of nasty stuff in his life. People in his situation take desperate measures in an attempt to regain control of their lives.

Isn't it that he wanted something so badly that he couldn't see the blindly obvious? I don't know the guy.

Bit like people buying a car, they want it so bad they can't see the faults, we call that a buyers eye :)

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #542 on: July 11, 2013, 03:06:36 PM »
The other comments may be true though I have never known mental problems to be a reason for failure. I think it is easier to prove that he just did not have enough income to qualify for the visa let alone complete the rest.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline tzwd72

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #543 on: July 16, 2014, 04:59:02 AM »
Finally got through this one.  On to the next.

J was here
I kept telling the ladies in my country what I wanted...they pissed themselves laughing...

Offline Jeffery

« Reply #544 on: July 16, 2014, 08:35:23 AM »

J was here

Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.  :)

Offline Bruce Lee

« Reply #545 on: July 16, 2014, 09:25:22 AM »

J was here
The key info can be found on the first 5 pages, the outcome was a foregone conclusion :(

But congrats for the stamina for getting through the whole 37 pages tiphat
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #546 on: July 16, 2014, 01:16:27 PM »
Many were around for the live version, including some nights in chat,
nice guy, with no hope and predictable results, wonder how he is doing.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #547 on: July 16, 2014, 01:31:12 PM »
 The puzzling part was that the guy was on site for about a year before this all happened and knew about all the red flags to look out for. He even participated in a lot of threads warning other guys what to watch out for and seemed to have his head on straight. Then this happened and it was like he threw everything out the window and ignored everything everyone was telling him... which was run! Very strange.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #548 on: January 10, 2017, 06:10:29 PM »
Bumping thread since I just finished reading the entire thread.   :king:

Last post from the originator was that he was going to get married on March 24, 2012.  Then you "high tail it out".  Most successful or failed online relationship experiences are NOT posted.  If you "won the jackpot", you disappear.  If you got "ripped off", you disappear. :coffeeread:

P.S.  March 2012 was not a good time for me.   :(  I hope his was better. 
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #549 on: January 11, 2017, 12:16:28 AM »
About 2 years ago I understood he did indeed get remarried I believe to a woman from Ukraine.

When I spoke with him (as this thread happened) he was a decent guy, if not just a bit chaotic and naive. Evidently he does not want to have anything to do with RUA that it is the reason for a lack of updates.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration