The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Some of my favorite photos  (Read 4969 times)

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
  • Trips: 20+
Some of my favorite photos
« on: October 04, 2007, 04:29:17 PM »
 Some of my many favorite photos.  My favorite is the very last photo.

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
Re: Some of my favorite photos
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 04:34:36 PM »
 :)

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:49:16 PM »
 ;)

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 04:57:30 PM »
 ;D

Offline Jinx

• Watched
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »
 Welcome back Jack! Nice to see you again.

You are an excellent photographer, it's always been a hobby of mine too, but I never went all out with the high tech camera or anything like that, I just like to capture certain moments...but sexy girls in short skirts and high heels are always nice to look at.

I agree with you, the last one is the best...it's the kind of photo that makes you think...I wonder if she is homeless, I imagine the dog is with her at all times and she shares with him all she has...that's the perfect moment of a girl and her puppy, very artistic Jack  :)

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 12:27:15 PM »
Hey Jinx, it's actually quite nice to be able to write or contribute anything.

Jinx with the technology behind today's camera almost anyone can be a good photographer.  I think if you were to buy yourself a good Canon digital with two lenses (like a 17x85 and a 100x300) you would be quite pleased with photos from your vacations, parties and even your business.  You would be surprised at the photos you could take yourself, and with a software like Photoshop, the changes, additions you could make to your website.

About the last photo.  I don't sense the young girl was homeless, poor, but not homeless.  This was taken at about 9:30am on a Saturday morning in front of the MacDonald's on Khershatyk.  I was at one of the outside tables with another guy just enjoying the beauty of Khershatyk when I saw this little girl sharing her ice cream with her little puppy.  She would take a lick or two and then share with the puppy.  The puppy was so calm and patient as he waited for each of his turns to lick.  You can see a little bit of ice cream on her chin and her bangs and pants as well as the white beard of ice cream the little puppy is growing.   The way she held her puppy and her actions was one of those precious moments of a child showing it's love for her puppy.

Registration