The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Anastasia.com scam or real?  (Read 100709 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Anastasia.com scam or real?
« Reply #700 on: June 08, 2013, 04:24:19 PM »

CONSUMER ALERT:

Please Avoid AnastasiaDate! - Do Not do any business with these scammers.  Anastasia started Foreign International Dating during the early 1990's and these are the very same hucksters that have thrashed this entire Industry now.

What exactly is your experience as a customer of the company?

Are you implying andrew, that his is the same level as yours?
zero?

:laugh:  :chuckle:  :laugh:  :nod:  :laugh:  ;D  :chuckle:

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #701 on: June 08, 2013, 05:03:57 PM »
Bill, if somebody were to call you an idiot, or something worse, it would not be unreasonable to ask the basis of that person's imputation. It wouldn't much matter whether I agreed with him or not. Same here, and, if I remember correctly, the poster never did tell us the basis for his claim.

Bill, a little thought is a wonderful thing and can often stop us from seeming to be idiots or worse.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Barbossa

« Reply #702 on: June 08, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
Bill, if somebody were to call you an idiot, or something worse, it would not be unreasonable to ask the basis of that person's imputation. It wouldn't much matter whether I agreed with him or not. Same here, and, if I remember correctly, the poster never did tell us the basis for his claim.

Bill, a little thought is a wonderful thing and can often stop us from seeming to be idiots or worse.

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=19004.msg317733#msg317733

The guy spent $25,000 with the company.  That was his basis for experience.  Perhaps that could also be the source of his imputation?  (Why confuse yourself with the facts?)   

So, on one side, we have a guy who has spent $25,000 as a customer of this agency.  And on the other side we have a guy who has never been a customer of theirs questioning what knowledge he has of the company. 

I readily concede that spending $25k on a website and having nothing to show for it is pretty stupid, but then so is a guy who contests his experience with no direct experience of his own.

Offline TomT

« Reply #703 on: June 08, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »
The guy spent $25,000 with the company.  That was his basis for experience.  Perhaps that could also be the source of his imputation?  (Why confuse yourself with the facts?)   

If a man sent $25,000 to a Nigerian scammer, does the experience make him knowledgeable about Africa?

Offline Barbossa

« Reply #704 on: June 08, 2013, 10:03:54 PM »
Okay, let's examine Tom's brilliant analogy here. 

A guy spends 25K writing letters and using the website every day.  He'd have to be a VIP of VIPs to spend so much money (from my own personal experience which is documented elsewhere on this forum).  He'd interact every day with women or scammers or whoever is on the other end of his amorous pursuit.  Presumably he'd know how to write letters, get responses, send presents, talk in chat and know the features of the website.  How else would he be able to spend his credits?

Andrewfi has done NONE of these things.

So Tom comes in here and offers the brilliant analogy that such wasteful spending is like sending money to a Nigerian scammer while not knowing anything about Africa.  I would assume his inference is that Africa is like the website.    Or perhaps his analogy is that Africa is like the women that he was trying to pursue?  In either case, the analogy is false because our hero could not spend his money unless he was interacting with both the website and the operator on the other end.

Ultimately, Tom is trying to infer that because the man was scammed he had no understanding of the object of his desire.  But, wait!  A Nigerian email targets a 'Mark's' greediness, not his interest in Africa.  The correct analogy would have been "Does an experience, interacting with a Nigerian scammer, make a person knowledgeable about making money?"

Tom, many times you show brilliance.  This effort was not among them. 

However, I would (presumably) agree with you that this 'Mark' knows absolutely squat about finding and dating women.  If he did, he would have recognized the scam after his first couple of efforts and stopped.  Instead, he kept on throwing down more money.  Experienced he is.  Smart he is not.

It still makes him much more experienced than Andy at interacting with ADate.

Our old pal Ben Franklin said:  'Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn at no other."

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #705 on: June 08, 2013, 10:10:32 PM »

If a man sent $25,000 to a Nigerian scammer, does the experience make him knowledgeable about Africa?

IDK, if a guy spends 100K on his divorce to a woman from Moscow, does it make him an expert on all things related to Moscow?
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline TomT

« Reply #706 on: June 08, 2013, 10:26:21 PM »

Knock yourself out.

[Edited]

Offline Barbossa

« Reply #707 on: June 08, 2013, 10:32:40 PM »

If a man shoots himself in the foot, and eventually has it amputated due to gangrene, does this make him knowledgeable about surgery?

I hope that you like that one better.

People ought to take responsibility for their foolish actions, no?

My analogy is the little boy who goes to the county fair, sure he can win the big prize.  No matter how many times he plunks down that quarter, he still doesn't know how to win the game.  Because by playing by the house rules, he will always lose, unless through blind luck he manages to get the Kewpie Doll.

Offline Crusader

• Watched
« Reply #708 on: June 08, 2013, 11:46:13 PM »
SCAM! 

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #709 on: June 09, 2013, 12:27:55 AM »

So, on one side, we have a guy who has spent $25,000 as a customer of this agency.  And on the other side we have a guy who has never been a customer of theirs questioning what knowledge he has of the company. 
With the information that member provided the only experience that this guy (BudE) could possibly offer is how to spend a vast amount of money and have nothing to show for it - like a gambler who consistently loses!!

However, it would be my feeling that the member in question got exactly what he was looking for when he was spending his "hard earned" - it would be difficult to conceive that he hadn't noticed he was getting nowhere but just kept on shelling out coin day after day!! And I have no doubts that the company felt that they gave him good value for money as well - as far as they were concerned they provided him with $25,000 worth of fantasy and sweaty palms every night!!!

I would suggest that we can only really determine the quality of his experience if he was being honest with us - also I recall he mentioned that he had recovered the funds - yeah right!!!!

but I recovered all!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #710 on: November 23, 2013, 04:37:14 PM »
The title is:  Anastasia Date, scam or real?

I think it really depends on the man's expectations.  He can go on a date with many of the women if he has deep pockets.  Will the relationship lead to marriage?  I would say in most cases no, although we have Sashathecat, AJ, and previous poster Kievstar who all married A. Date women. 

That said here is my favorite profile for this week.  I don't think she's of age to get married yet, but a jetsetter from NYC or London, younger than 30, might have the time of his life with her!!

http://www.anastasiadate.com/profile-young-lady-elina-1553185.htm
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #711 on: February 16, 2016, 12:58:54 PM »
Here is a general rule that, sadly, holds true more often than not:

If you write to a drop-dead gorgeous girl and she ignores you, she is sincere.
If she responds, she is a scammer.

The moral of this story is that we guarantee our failure by the choices that we make.

Really good post Tom. Succinct yet totally accurate.

In my experience, ADate is not 95% scammers 5% authentic girls. Rather, 98% scammers 2% authentic girls. For this reason, I would never recommend anyone to ever use ADate / RussianBrides

1) VK 2) Eduard 3) Mordinsons in Kharkov  are what I would recommend    Eduard is probably the very best method, and in the end the fastest, cheapest only guaranteed-to-work method. If I was advising anyone and I could only advise one source, it would be Eduard. In the end, in my heart, I am pretty sure I will use Eduard and not Mordinson's. With Mordinson's, there might be a 2% chance of failure. With Eduard, IMO there is a 0% chance of failure, if you are like me, completely satisfied finding a wonderful, loving caring woman who is a 7, but a very kind, loving, faithful 7.

I might add, IMHO, it is a mistake to look for women who are only 9's and 10's. I would advise to look for mainly 7's, and every once-in-awhile an 8. But 90% of the time look for a 7.
A blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time, but only by accident. - My advice to any member wondering whether or not they should make the very bad decision of using Anastasiadate.

Offline TomT

« Reply #712 on: February 16, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »
Here is a general rule that, sadly, holds true more often than not:

If you write to a drop-dead gorgeous girl and she ignores you, she is sincere.
If she responds, she is a scammer.

The moral of this story is that we guarantee our failure by the choices that we make.
Really good post Tom. Succinct yet totally accurate.

How do you think that this relates to a Ukrainian girl with "Victoria's Secret caliber legs and stomach?"

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #713 on: February 16, 2016, 01:25:44 PM »
Your memory is failing you Tom. Go back and read what I wrote about Alisa (the 9, VS caliber legs and stomach) relative to what I wrote about Marina (the 7) and why right now I am communicating much more with Marina (the 7).
A blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time, but only by accident. - My advice to any member wondering whether or not they should make the very bad decision of using Anastasiadate.

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #714 on: February 16, 2016, 01:59:08 PM »
Your memory is failing you Tom. Go back and read what I wrote about Alisa (the 9, VS caliber legs and stomach) relative to what I wrote about Marina (the 7) and why right now I am communicating much more with Marina (the 7).

No you write to Marina because it what feels mostly right for this point in time. Sure she is attractive but beauty is never lasting for life or ever. It is her feelings and heart for you that is the key to the success here.

By the way again the mindset of putting girls in boxes for how hot they are is really only a sign of your self image not being able to get you to a 9 and be happy for life.

Offline TomT

« Reply #715 on: February 16, 2016, 02:07:41 PM »

My sanity is failing also; I'm hallucinating that you wrote about her legs wrapped around you all night long. 

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #716 on: February 17, 2016, 12:09:56 AM »

Ladies are NOT numbers, they are human beings just like the rest of us.. :coffeeread:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Boris

« Reply #717 on: February 23, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »

Ladies are NOT numbers, they are human beings just like the rest of us.. :coffeeread:

Though I would agree are you sure you are on the right forum :-)

Offline Matched4life

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #718 on: February 24, 2019, 05:07:58 PM »
Not pointing fingers at any site (since I met my fiancee online) but the rule is mainly to stay away from the sites who work with a PPL system (pay per letter).
Every message sent and received will cost credits (expensive ones), the majority of these messages come from operators who manage up to 10 profiles.
The girls on the profiles are being paid for their photo's and won't be in 90% of the cases the ones you are chatting with.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #719 on: February 24, 2019, 05:36:39 PM »
 Welcome to RUA.

Please feel free to share more of your insights and impressions of the fSU.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline BillyB

« Reply #720 on: February 24, 2019, 09:44:23 PM »
Not pointing fingers at any site (since I met my fiancee online) but the rule is mainly to stay away from the sites who work with a PPL system (pay per letter).
Every message sent and received will cost credits (expensive ones), the majority of these messages come from operators who manage up to 10 profiles.
The girls on the profiles are being paid for their photo's and won't be in 90% of the cases the ones you are chatting with.

Pay to play sites are almost always bad with men trading love letters with Boris, the employee of the month. When a guy decides to visit a woman he thought he was writing to, she doesn't show up and if she shows up, she knows nothing about him although he spent months writing about himself and his interests. If she doesn't like the guy and most of the time she won't, she'll take him to a 5 star restaurant or shopping.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #721 on: June 13, 2019, 05:23:27 PM »
Find-bride is first and Elena's Models is last according to this review list.   :-\

https://russiandatingreviews.com/
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline BillyB

« Reply #722 on: June 13, 2019, 08:54:29 PM »
Find-bride is first and Elena's Models is last according to this review list.   :-\

That site is probably ran by the pay to play sites.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #723 on: June 20, 2019, 07:17:07 AM »

That site is probably ran by the pay to play sites.

The site is a pile of shit.. certain sites they do not allow good reviews.. :laugh:

And certain sites they make good fake reviews..

Here is a typical fake review of our site:

Here comes the worst dating site out there. I joined this site a couple of months ago and my experience with it has been sour. The major thing that makes this site one to avoid at all costs is its location settings. I’m not sure if it is equipped with GPS in the first place. I have always been availed to members of faraway states from the state I am in. It is thus difficult to go on dates and meet them considering the transport cost. You therefore end up just chatting online while you desire a partner not far from the place you stay whom you can spend fun moments with.

GPS setting? Chatting to  some one local? Members of local states?? ******** Idiot Its a Russian dating site not a US dating site :laugh:

Dont trust any review sites .. they all create fake reviews I have even done myself a long time back..I used to worry about reviews but not any more.. hardly anyone reads them in any case, and even the very few that do its not with time loosing sleep about them..join or not join after reading a review your choice.. no need to make a big deal out of it!

I have the same attitude with any members who complain (Very very few) I just delete them immediately their subscription expires ... some times if Im tired of their nonsense I will refund them and delete them..

Funny thing is usually they re join and subscribe again.. ;D

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!