The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Back to The Ukraine  (Read 77852 times)

Online NS1

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Back to The Ukraine
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 04:34:45 AM »
Av,  good story, thank you! :coffeeread:
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 04:39:25 AM »
The Soviet era medals do not interest me, I did not earn them. Also I suspect that you do not have to smuggle them.
thanks for that  :)
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 08:43:15 PM »
A realization after this trip; if this was easy everyone would be doing it.

Miss Cappuccino is a wonderful woman, beautiful, clever and smart. Dedicated to making her life and that of her son better. She has accomplished allot with her wits and through her perseverance. We spent I think a good time together. But since than I have not heard further from her, even.
Thanks > nope
When will I see you again > nope
You were . ? . ? . ? . > nope
Go away > nope
Is she ChristiaanV “flaky?” No in my opinion, but the reality of relationship with a man from a different culture is foreign to her. I think for a woman like this it involves a leap of faith that she is reluctant to make (perhaps only with me).

Yes I believe she realizes she needs a man, but because she has only her self to depend on she has learned to trust only herself. This translates into the reality that a man has to be with her 24/7 for a true relationship to develop or perhaps one has to throw so much money at her that in fact you end up with a sponsorship type arrangement.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online AvHdB

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2012, 06:02:37 AM »
As I ponder what to do, I had the following exchange with Igor.

Igor/Stirlitz      12:08 PM
In this business there is a danger that you get carried away and just cannot stop. I have seen many men doing this, both from the West and locals. They can never find someone right just because they are concentrated on searching. It is like war: you can be a good fighter but when the war is over many soldiers have trouble adjusting to peace and go elsewhere to fight. Whereas initially they were fighting to bring peace.
Igor/Stirlitz      12:09 PM
The problem is there is no right perfect woman and you will have to put up with someone who is not exactly right for you sooner or later.
Igor/Stirlitz      12:10 PM
How long have you been searching?
AvHdB             12:11 PM
It has not been searching but bumbling - Last year Lenna who was very close to perfect - before Masha, before that Luiza

Igor/Stirlitz       12:12 PM
The technique is to find the woman who is the best for you and then you polish her to  perfection. For example, Inna unlearned to trust a man — you can teach her back.
AvHdB             12:12 PM
perhaps true

Igor/Stirlitz       12:13 PM
The brat mother I think was no option — move on. Inna is nice — see more.

Thinking about everything and the status in fact this is a bit of the "candy shop" issue and mixed in the "dirty barrel." Yes I think the brat mother would be pulled out of the "dirty barrel".

I wonder was I out of my league with Masha or Lena?

Part of me is tired of the search.

In hindsight I did not know enough with Luiza. Anyways excuse these musings this travel report is for me more a diary, but written so that others can slap me about (a bit) and to keep it honest and clean.

Online NS1

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2012, 06:18:32 AM »
Funny you say that, I am somewhat of the same thoughts and mind, I date here and look there, seems at times it would make you wonder :popcorn:

Online AvHdB

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2012, 05:53:33 AM »
OK update I have held back from posting but I had already decided I wanted to meet again Katerina of Zhitomir, Special K as I call her.

When we met before she was beautiful aged 31 but also elusive. A designer who knew art and design with plans for moving to Georgia with her daughter of about two years of age. It seemed the plans were developed but she lacked control of her daughter. We became friends on Face Book and she was/is beautiful. Her daughter seemed to be both joyous and lively.

She is described in reply #14.

After my time with Miss Cappuccino I asked point blank if Special K saw any sense in meeting again. Yes she replied.  Anyways about two week ago I studied her profile again and saw that on info she indicated she was “In a relationship”  OK to Skype and I asked her directly about this.

In the meantime she and her daughter had chicken pox – that her daughter had it this happens – that she had it – I suggested that she avoid her friends who might be pregnant she confirmed this was the doctor’s suggestion.

Below is the transcript

AvHdB  1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 4 7   A M   
Your profile on FB says you are in a relationship? What does that mean for me.

K a t e r i n a   Z h i t o m i r   1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 4 9   A M   
that I have relations now, and I must now make choices for themselves.

AvHdB  1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 0   A M   
I see
1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 1   A M
I assume you mean to write > I must now make a choice for myself <

K a t e r i n a   Z h i t o m i r   1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 2   A M   
yes

AvHdB  1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 3   A M   
That makes you life more complicated   
1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 3   A M
your life

K a t e r i n a   Z h i t o m i r   1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 4   A M   
of course, but I'm not looking for easy ways :) :) :)

WOW what am I doing!

OK – this is just a small red balloon.

We continue to exchange banter on Skype. She is both clever and at times funny.

But I am bothered by this reality of another.

In the meantime I travel to York and see a school for my daughter, the evening in a pub meet a bunch of women, in fact students studying in the University, all from Ukraine. One indicated she was quite “available.” I wonder about “The Flying Dutchman”

In the meantime I maintain contact with Lena from before as well as Yuliya, both want ME to visit Kiev to meet friends of theirs, women.

At the end of last week I was talking with Special K, and she admitted that everything was not good. She needed serious surgery on her back (spine). The long and short was she was not sure if she could meet me during the time I was planning on traveling to her. The surgery is to take place in Kiev but a date has not been planned.

I do not fully understand the nature of the surgery but it seems critical.

I think there are now 99 red ballons.

Now what do I do?

My aim is true.

Elvis

Online NS1

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2012, 06:32:43 AM »
This is difficult, many women, maintain local relationships, that many of us know, nothing about!
But if she is going public with it, then she must be somewhat serious!
Where does that leave you? More important if he is local, how do you compete and do you want to?

Online Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2012, 07:13:07 AM »
OK update I have held back from posting but I had already decided I wanted to meet again Katerina of Zhitomir, Special K as I call her.

When we met before she was beautiful aged 31 but also elusive. A designer who knew art and design with plans for moving to Georgia with her daughter of about two years of age. It seemed the plans were developed but she lacked control of her daughter. We became friends on Face Book and she was/is beautiful. Her daughter seemed to be both joyous and lively.

She is described in reply #14.

After my time with Miss Cappuccino I asked point blank if Special K saw any sense in meeting again. Yes she replied.  Anyways about two week ago I studied her profile again and saw that on info she indicated she was “In a relationship”  OK to Skype and I asked her directly about this.

In the meantime she and her daughter had chicken pox – that her daughter had it this happens – that she had it – I suggested that she avoid her friends who might be pregnant she confirmed this was the doctor’s suggestion.

Below is the transcript

AvHdB  1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 4 7   A M   
Your profile on FB says you are in a relationship? What does that mean for me.

K a t e r i n a   Z h i t o m i r   1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 4 9   A M   
that I have relations now, and I must now make choices for themselves.

AvHdB  1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 0   A M   
I see
1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 1   A M
I assume you mean to write > I must now make a choice for myself <

K a t e r i n a   Z h i t o m i r   1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 2   A M   
yes

AvHdB  1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 3   A M   
That makes you life more complicated   
1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 3   A M
your life

K a t e r i n a   Z h i t o m i r   1 / 1 6 / 1 2   1 0 : 5 4   A M   
of course, but I'm not looking for easy ways :) :) :)

WOW what am I doing!

OK – this is just a small red balloon.

We continue to exchange banter on Skype. She is both clever and at times funny.

But I am bothered by this reality of another.

In the meantime I travel to York and see a school for my daughter, the evening in a pub meet a bunch of women, in fact students studying in the University, all from Ukraine. One indicated she was quite “available.” I wonder about “The Flying Dutchman”

In the meantime I maintain contact with Lena from before as well as Yuliya, both want ME to visit Kiev to meet friends of theirs, women.

At the end of last week I was talking with Special K, and she admitted that everything was not good. She needed serious surgery on her back (spine). The long and short was she was not sure if she could meet me during the time I was planning on traveling to her. The surgery is to take place in Kiev but a date has not been planned.

I do not fully understand the nature of the surgery but it seems critical.

I think there are now 99 red ballons.

Now what do I do?

My aim is true.

Elvis
So if I read correctly she has caught "chicken pox" and also now requires spinal surgery?

If I have read this correctly I would say normally 2 excuses into 1 would generally indicate an acute attack of Bullshit!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 04:43:42 AM »
Tomorrow to Zhitomir - please some one turn on the heat!

I now have a better picture of Special K's health issue it is a spinal surgery that seems serious - scoliosis. The surgeons need to replace the support structure that has failed.

My question and what I am somewhat handicapped by is how to address this with regards to Katerina. Are there any suggestions how to approach a 30 year old woman with this condition.

Offline christianv

• Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2012, 06:31:00 AM »
Tomorrow to Zhitomir - please some one turn on the heat!

I now have a better picture of Special K's health issue it is a spinal surgery that seems serious - scoliosis. The surgeons need to replace the support structure that has failed.

My question and what I am somewhat handicapped by is how to address this with regards to Katerina. Are there any suggestions how to approach a 30 year old woman with this condition.

Zhitomir wasnt fun back in october when temperatures declined to around 10c..Zhitomir is one of the last places on the list i want to be right now with temperatures 20-30 below 0.... i wish you the best.. :coffeeread:
Im currently in Odessa, Ukraine. Feel free to call me if you are planning to visit! (+38) O66 55 75 6O4

Online AvHdB

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2012, 06:56:12 AM »
The sun is shinning - unfortunately the water system froze, I hear the first time from '91.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2012, 09:37:19 AM »
The sun is shinning - unfortunately the water system froze, I hear the first time from '91.

I'm curious. Is that your brother on the other list?

Offline missAmeno

• Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2012, 11:30:13 AM »
Anyways about two week ago I studied her profile again and saw that on info she indicated she was “In a relationship”  OK to Skype and I asked her directly about this.

From my point of view if facebook (or any other profile) states "in a relationship" - then it is relatioship that is going for some time and to some extend is with "serious" intentions. Otherwise what is the point to announce your status publicly? AvHdB just put yourself in the shoes of the guy who believes he is in relationship with this girl, do you want to take his place and be "in relationship" with her knowing for a fact it will not stop her from flirting with other men
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2012, 12:50:59 AM »
Anyways about two week ago I studied her profile again and saw that on info she indicated she was “In a relationship”  OK to Skype and I asked her directly about this.

From my point of view if facebook (or any other profile) states "in a relationship" - then it is relatioship that is going for some time and to some extend is with "serious" intentions. Otherwise what is the point to announce your status publicly? AvHdB just put yourself in the shoes of the guy who believes he is in relationship with this girl, do you want to take his place and be "in relationship" with her knowing for a fact it will not stop her from flirting with other men

It is a valid point & fair point. We have spoken about this and while I do not have an answer she has said that she is looking for something different than what she had. But it still bothers me, for what it is worth.

Also she has far more friends on FaceBook than I and just like some women do when they are in public they wear a virtual Wedding band. From a friend who worked a long time in a popular pickup bar they often found a wedding band or two on the floor. Rarely did anyone come back to file a lost and found and when they asked about the value once every other month or so you afford a couple beers from them.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2012, 12:53:02 AM »
I'm curious. Is that your brother on the other list?

tiphat ~ I was looking in the mirror as I typed ~ :8)

Registration