The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Donhollio's FSU Pursuit !  (Read 185100 times)

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Donhollio's FSU Pursuit !
« Reply #600 on: September 08, 2013, 11:54:46 PM »
  Well with the recent talk on when the work begins once your girl has arrived in your country, I'd like to let you all know today that I made it to three years with the Human HeaterTM   :party0011:

:KISSSS:     :BLUSH::loving: :loving:

You da Man!!  Congratulations Donhollio!   :bow:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Phelan

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #601 on: September 09, 2013, 12:03:14 AM »
  Well with the recent talk on when the work begins once your girl has arrived in your country, I'd like to let you all know today that I made it to three years with the Human HeaterTM   :party0011:

Human Heater ?  :laugh: :chuckle: I will discretely say, I know where you're coming from   :nod:

And congratulations to you and the lovely Mrs.  tiphat :thumbsup:

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #602 on: September 09, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Hollio!    :party0031:

Offline froid

« Reply #603 on: November 12, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »
Congrats Don!  Good to hear!
Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. <-Same goes for forums!

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #604 on: November 23, 2013, 12:21:38 AM »
Hey Don,

I just read the whole thing again. I took a few evenings

Udachi !

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline tzwd72

« Reply #605 on: June 17, 2014, 06:31:06 AM »
Wow Don!  Being the newbie on this forum I finally just finished your story...

Damn that was one hell of a quest!  Damn fine job with the missess and little missess!

When I get back from Minsk I'd love to hook up with you and we can b!tch about our hockey teams...

Loved the story, thx!

J
I kept telling the ladies in my country what I wanted...they pissed themselves laughing...

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #606 on: June 17, 2014, 06:07:57 PM »
Wow Don!  Being the newbie on this forum I finally just finished your story...

Damn that was one hell of a quest!  Damn fine job with the missess and little missess!

When I get back from Minsk I'd love to hook up with you and we can b!tch about our hockey teams...

Loved the story, thx!

J

Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for commenting.  :nod:

It took some time to get completed, and to those who read each post as it arrived, must of made for a somewhat annoying experience waiting months for an installment. So now that its finished, you and others can read it like a book. 
 Hopefully this hasn't scared you too much.  :)

Offline Romantech

« Reply #607 on: May 26, 2015, 05:09:40 AM »
Noob recruit reporting for duty! I'll intro myself at some point but first had to join the crowd in rightfully saluting this epic story.

The highs and lows, man. Transfixing. Something special here and a great service to those here looking for a truly human insight.

I have to say, what I love about this story is it just blows all the shallow stereotypes about desperate FSUW on the make and lecherous "SRM" WM's out of the water and replaces them with real people, with real feelings and honest intentions.

It's easy to get excited with images of "smokinghotkovas" in your head, but this story reminds us in the end it all comes down to a real connection, real emotions and real people, not just photos of pretty girls smiling back at you from the screen.

Thanks Don, great work. No doubt I'll think back on your story as my own progresses.

Offline cdnexpat

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #608 on: July 04, 2015, 04:48:38 AM »
I popped on this site yesterday, specifically this tread. I could not stop reading, until the end. This is an epic adventure! Nothing less.
I have had my own life changing experience, a ten year long trip, unexpected at the beginning.
I may write about it soon.
Well done, Don!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #609 on: February 04, 2018, 09:43:55 AM »
Dedication, back in the day before cells.

Morning arrival in Odessa and I tried to call Anna right away. First I stood in line for a payphone, and I got cut in front of constantly. Then I noticed that 5 out of 7 payphones didn't work!  So I kept trying several times....

Offline Dutchmanaz

« Reply #610 on: February 08, 2019, 07:36:50 PM »
glad you raised this thread.  It made me read it, and I found it to be a very good read. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post it.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #611 on: January 23, 2020, 10:58:07 PM »
  Thought I'd give a brief update. Life is continuing on and about 4.6 years ago I became a dad to a wonderful adorable little boy!
 As reluctant as I was at the time,  he has really been a source of incredible joy in my life. The daughter is now 16 shes ready to drive, and hopefully get employed. She has dreams of continuing her education out of province after school is completed in 2 more years. The lil Human Heater has taken root quite well, and is not enjoying Winnipeg winters, but that's not uncommon. She has gained a skill and is sought after in her feild of employment, she has done very well for a landed immigrant.
 There have been ebbs and flows over the past 7.5 years since their arrival, but we march on. They have never gone back to Uzbekistan,  and they never will even if they wanted to. The teenager is fully Canadian,  all that was Uzbek is gone, she wants none of it. Mom still holds a fondness but it's pretty small really.
Life is quite different from pre M days. I still keep in touch with a handful of the people I met over the years in Ukraine, it's nice to see most the girls getting married and having kids. I don't know if I'll ever return to Europe,  you never know though what the future holds.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #612 on: January 23, 2020, 11:43:23 PM »
I still keep in touch with a handful of the people I met over the years in Ukraine, it's nice to see most the girls getting married and having kids. I don't know if I'll ever return to Europe,  you never know though what the future holds.

It was an adventure for us when we were single. People move on and we move on to a new life. This endeavor of pursuing FSU women is and will always be a special part of our lives we'll never forget. It was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the update.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #613 on: January 23, 2020, 11:50:40 PM »
Thanks for the update don!

Same here. 2 beautiful sons now although we go back to Crimea every year.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #614 on: January 24, 2020, 02:22:49 AM »
  Thought I'd give a brief update. Life is continuing on and about 4.6 years ago I became a dad to a wonderful adorable little boy!
 As reluctant as I was at the time,  he has really been a source of incredible joy in my life. The daughter is now 16 shes ready to drive, and hopefully get employed. She has dreams of continuing her education out of province after school is completed in 2 more years. The lil Human Heater has taken root quite well, and is not enjoying Winnipeg winters, but that's not uncommon. She has gained a skill and is sought after in her feild of employment, she has done very well for a landed immigrant.
 There have been ebbs and flows over the past 7.5 years since their arrival, but we march on. They have never gone back to Uzbekistan,  and they never will even if they wanted to. The teenager is fully Canadian,  all that was Uzbek is gone, she wants none of it. Mom still holds a fondness but it's pretty small really.
Life is quite different from pre M days. I still keep in touch with a handful of the people I met over the years in Ukraine, it's nice to see most the girls getting married and having kids. I don't know if I'll ever return to Europe,  you never know though what the future holds.

Good to hear all is going well Don, doesn't time fly, 12 years married for me in March, 13 years plus since we met, life is still great.  The kids change don't they, my step daughter is now 19, did a year at University  and then got a great professional job and they are paying her to take a degree, can't beat it.  tiphat
Слава Україні

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
« Reply #615 on: January 24, 2020, 08:08:02 AM »
Good stuff Don! Much the same here, almost 9 years together and 2 little ones hopping around. Eldest (son) almost 5,5, youngest (girl) almost 3. We've moved outside of Amsterdam into a nice house with garden, so lots of DIY going on here and there still :)

We've been back to Uzbekistan last May and I was surprised how much things improved for the better. Lots less red tape, no more visa, bank cards work, ATM's everywhere, paying by card everywhere, bank notes > 1000 UZS etc

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #616 on: January 24, 2020, 10:02:16 AM »
Great to hear you are doing well with family and all.
Same here times move forward her son who was an adult
is married now ( this summer ) and waiting for Canadian citizen test.
Wife already done hers, she goes back every couple years for spa week :)
I haven't been in over 5 years now, but thinking about it soon.

Times have changed and none of us know what the future brings.
Was quite the adventure and based on above quite successful for many
despite what many others say.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline sparky114

« Reply #617 on: January 25, 2020, 12:47:25 AM »
At last Don you give us an update :party0011: but I knew most of it already :whist11:
Well it will be 12 years for us later this year
Time flies by for us to, my two young boys that were in the mix to start with are now young men and come to visit us often with their girlfriends... A strange moment watching your own children date
The young lady that was just starting university when her Mum and I met, married and in December last year gave us a beautiful granddaughter
I gave up 30 years of self employment,  to become employed, and free up my spare time.
E really found her feet in employment here and now has a great job in a genetic research team.
We continue to live 2 centre lives some here and some there, so there we go life is good, and great to hear others are still enjoying themselves.
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #618 on: January 26, 2020, 04:08:26 PM »
Don - congrats on the happy life you created for yourself and family in Winterpeg - I do think about you whenever Winnepeg plays the Boston Bruins!

Read the entire epic Donholio story over the years...

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #619 on: January 26, 2020, 05:03:16 PM »
 Hey Don, great to hear from you again. Happy to see things are going good with you and the family! I've had a few big changes in my life that have kept me busy the past couple years and haven't kept in touch, but will try to get ahold of you sometime soon for a BS session.  Maybe some day we can get together again for a beer.  :BEER:

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #620 on: February 05, 2020, 10:32:53 PM »
Thanks fellas.