The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Donhollio's FSU Pursuit !  (Read 185828 times)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Donhollio's FSU Pursuit !
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2008, 05:49:06 AM »

My apologies for bringing this up Donny but I thought it raised an interesting point about how "rich or financially well off" should be discussed when talking with FSU women.  In my example even though there is no actual mention of money a smart woman could surmise "rich or financially well off" by the extent of your travel pre and post visit.

With the exception of a pensioner who is successful, all people I have seen with happy relationships are financially above average.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline froid

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2008, 07:19:40 AM »
How on earth can you afford at such a young age (if that picture is truly you and not just a picture you took of some poorly dressed American and his UA g/f) to spend so much time travelling?

Oh oh!  Pick me!  Pick me!  Can I answer this one!!??!

Don is from Winnipeg so except for spending money on snow removal and heat his cost of living is very reasonable compared to many other locations in North America.  Obviously he spends what he saves on his trips to warmer climates like Ukraine.  :)
Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. <-Same goes for forums!

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2008, 12:52:44 PM »
Donny just got around to reading your ongoing TR and I have one question that nobody else has really asked.  How on earth can you afford at such a young age (if that picture is truly you and not just a picture you took of some poorly dressed American and his UA g/f) to spend so much time travelling?  Don't the women you date in UA tend to catch on to the fact that take multiple trips to Europe for weeks at a time?  Do they figure that you are some rich Canadian?   :laugh:

Westy I have laid off you for a while. Why is it that nobody asked the question
that you asked?

Because it's a dumb assed question. Remember when they said the only
dumb question is the unasked question? well it's not true.

Bill always good to hear from you.  I seem to recall reading on different forums that if you were rich or financially well off it isn't a good idea to let on to the fact?  If a woman knows that you have just spent a month travelling around Europe before seeing her and that this is the second or third time that you have done this in the last 2 or 3 years, the woman just might come to the conclusion that you are rich or financially well off and might therefore want to marry you for less than honest motives.  Or are you saying that FSU women just aren't sophisticated enough to come to these type of conclusions?   

If you want to ask a question which is for the most part unrelated to his trip
report then you start a new thread instead of putting a hunk of drivel in the
middle of Dons trip report.

You might say something like "I was reading Dons trip report and the unrelated
random thought generator in my head wondered.........."

Then you could ask how people deal with anything from excess nose hair to
nipple rings without taking up a bunch of space in Donhollio's Epic thread.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2008, 03:45:27 PM »
Froid , next time raise your hand before blurting out the answer :P

It's alright Bill,I think Wetcoast does bring up an interesting question,and one that has been asked by a few UA supergirls.
Olya wondered, Anna wanted to know,Ira didn't care as long as I was there,and Katya wanted to know where the money came from. I told from the ATM where else ?  :innocent:
 For the most part Mr.Froid is correct, Winnerpeg is the most affordable city in Canada for a population over 600 000. I got in well before the housing price boom , even with the mortgage it was lower than the cost of the monthly vehicle payment.
 Now I'm 40yo and free........... ::)
I have told others that I make enough to afford my current lifestyle. I don't think they believed me that I was really poor,and as BC Kev had mentioned if your there you are capable of managing your finances, at least one would hope.
 And yes I am that poorly dressed dude,I have tried to pack properly but even that trip I had no jacket,just a long sleeve t-shirt in October.

Bill an Epic TR ? Wow! you really know how to put the pressure on ! I have been trying to get the next  installment out,but just haven't been in the mood lately.

Offline BCARTR

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »
Wow Donhollio, I am ready for more!

Offline Manny

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2009, 04:35:31 PM »
I have been trying to get the next  installment out,but just haven't been in the mood lately.

C'mon man, don't hang about. We want to read it!
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »
Froid , next time raise your hand before blurting out the answer :P

Bill an Epic TR ? Wow! you really know how to put the pressure on ! I have been trying to get the next  installment out,but just haven't been in the mood lately.

I was hoping to read another chapter before I get too old. 
You're like the cook that feeds his guests four hours late, by
that time they eat they will rave about how tasty the fried
cardboard and boiled shoe leather (English delicacies) are.

;D
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline froid

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 06:41:10 PM »
Cmon Don!  Come to Toronto and visit and I'll take you out for hotwings and beer.  Then you can tell me the story and I'll just tape it for everyone else. 
Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. <-Same goes for forums!

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 06:51:41 PM »
 Sorry for the delay guys,I didn't really think I'd be getting requests for another installment,as this has been spread out over a few seasons.
 Shortly after my last post I was in a downer of a mood, all things FSU were dead in the water,I wasn't up to spending 2-3 hours typing another segment. But I have moved from down back to being my usual little jackass of a self 
 However I have some problems with my wrist and it has kept me from holding the mouse. So I have had to learn to use the left hand, and it is going ok.  Infact switching hands during my self gratification exercises  :innocent: ... has made it feel like a someone else is at the helm !  :party0031:

Froid be careful what you wish for... you buying ?  :)

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2009, 06:34:00 AM »
Sorry for the delay guys,I didn't really think I'd be getting requests for another installment,as this has been spread out over a few seasons.
 Shortly after my last post I was in a downer of a mood, all things FSU were dead in the water,I wasn't up to spending 2-3 hours typing another segment. But I have moved from down back to being my usual little jackass of a self 
 However I have some problems with my wrist and it has kept me from holding the mouse. So I have had to learn to use the left hand, and it is going ok.  Infact switching hands during my self gratification exercises  :innocent: ... has made it feel like a someone else is at the helm !  :party0031:

Froid be careful what you wish for... you buying ?  :)

Froid will not be able to afford it, he has a wife arriving.  :chuckle:

I will buy for both of you, some one has to make sure you both make it back home safely.  :innocent:

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2009, 12:53:08 AM »

I had mentioned that Katya had a friend about Rich's age,and offered to hook them up. Rich was in,but this left Jim out as his girl went home every night at the same time 8:30pm. I had planned on the two girls, Rich and myself, to just head out to enjoy the night. But Jim was pretty much finished with his girl, he no longer really wanted to see her. And nothing came from his date at 5 Stars. So he worked his way into the still yet to be confirmed night out. Now I understood Jim to be a man on a mission,he wasn't going to waste a day not in the pursuit of a girl,and to be honest I really admired his determination.
After all I had been in UA since the 2nd week of August and it was now mid November,and I really had nothing to show for all my time.
 While I tried to convince Jim that the girl was only 20ish yo and Katya was with me there wasn't much point in tagging along. But he wanted in and I suppose I knew exactly how it feels to be sitting in a strange country, unable to move about comfortably as one could back home. So I let it slide,and thought we would all have fun together anyways, so what would it matter.  And since Jim was leaving the following morning back home, I didn't want him to spend his last night alone in his apartment.

The big night finally took place,and again we met up at the Reporter,this time the top floor where I suppose it's fairly upscale compared to the two lower levels. So the girls were already there,as the three of us entered the room. Jim commented on how nice Katya looked,somehow I figured he would.
 After doing the introductions Jim and I sat together on the sofa, while Rich sat beside Oylessa and Katya. It all seemed good, Rich and Olyessa were laughing it up ,and Jim and I were laughing at Rich's crazy stories that we both agreed we'd never tell a girl on a first date ,let alone years down the road !  :chuckle:

Katya and I were making convo and knowing Jim was the 5th wheel this time I would include him in ,not wanting to make him feel alone on his final night.  Well I guess Jim felt his mission wasn't over yet and seemed to take a real liking to Katya.  I was somewhat surprised that he'd even be trying while I'm still in the room never mind the fact I had been seeing her,and he was well aware of it !  Katya didn't seem to mind speaking with him at all. She was laughing and smiling and it was like now I was the 5th wheel   :D WTF ?  So I decided I would just sit back and see where this was going,why I don't know, I do know most guys would of asked Jim to shut up or leave,but I just was watching Katya thinking maybe this is one way to prevent a train wreak in the making. There's no point forcing the issue was my thinking.

And to think Jim complained about Henry mowing his lawn with his very good Russian in front of his date,now it seemed I was getting the same treatment only from Jim !  I turned to him and called him Henry,hoping it would pop him back into a more courteous self.  It had no effect,than later on he asks me if it's alright for him to ask for Katya's phone number !! WTF !!!!
 I'm thinking OK, I'm going to go to the WC and if he asks that's one thing, if she gives,well than there's no point in continuing with her at all, contrary to what she has been telling me.
 So to the WC I go and from there I send Rich a SMS asking if he has asked Katya for the number.  The reply comes back ,Yes. 
 I just couldn't believe it,here's a guy I enjoyed being around for over a week,and a girl who I really liked,and I have paired them up with little regard for my feelings.  Being somewhat laid back I returned to my spot on the sofa and pretended all was fine. My views on Katya were destroyed,and my trust in Jim was gone. I don't blame Jim for not liking her,she is a beautiful girl,but shit that's my date dude. I convinced myself it was for the best,and told Jim I wasn't paying for this night out,he seemed fine with it,but could tell I was pissed at him.

Outside we parted ways, Jim took a taxi back alone,Ilyessa went off and I walked with Rich back to Katya's place. I was kinda at a loss for words after the way this night went,and yet Katya was ripping a strip off Jim for being so arrogant  ??? I told her it didn't seem like you minded his company very much,but she wasn't happy with his actions at all.  Now I was really confused, you talk to a guy all night, give your number and he's an ass in your eyes ? Shit I thought I was understanding UA girls, but it has all gone down the hill after hearing that coming from her.

At her gate she stood there and I was just wanting to say goodbye,yet she was waiting for a kiss. I wasn't going to budge, than Rich said ," Are you going to give her kiss goodnight ?"   So I gave in and I was to call her after work, man was I confused.  Rich was shocked at Jim's behaviour and was thinking very much along the lines of me in how disrespectful he was towards me,and for the most part I was glad he was leaving in the morning.  Rich was telling me he had never met a girl like Olyessa who was so much fun to be around. Together they sure seemed to be having a great time,I was hoping it would lead to more dates.
 While walking down Karl Marx, Rich asked if there was some club we could go to, I told him there's this fire trap of a club called Labyrinth. As the name implies it's a few clubs within a club, up some stairs to a strip joint where the tiny room is full of girls all shaking what they got,and some got alot !  A few nights before Jim and I went there, and while we took up a stool at the bar, a girl each came to give up a lap dance,we both declined,but they didn't take Nyet as an answer  !  :chuckle:

After a two minutes the song ended and Jim offers 10 UAH , 25 was the reply !  " 25 !"  Jim shouts back and I just quietly handed over 20 UAH to my girl just to get her off my stool,figuring if I disputed her 'services' I'd only get tossed out or roughed, up and or poisoned  :)
 So you pay to keep things quiet.
I turned to Jim and we both agreed this place was going to take all our cash in the next few songs, so we better go back down and see the dance club. :chuckle:

So back to Rich and I.  Were both sitting in a grotto part of the dance club and Katya is sending me
SMS's. Rich is telling me she obviously likes me if shes sitting there sending me a handful of messages. True but the night has really sent me for a loop. Maybe she too was just being nice,who knows.
 We wrap the night up after a few beers,and the following morning Jim is calling me. I'm thinking I should really give him a blast, but I know I should have said something the night before. He was already on the plane and I guess he too was thinking what an ass he'd been. He had mentioned to me days before how he had done things that he would never of done back home,nothing illegal just things that went against his moral code.
 He asked if I was pissed at him,and I told him I wasn't overly happy with his performance the night before. He apologised,and I could tell he felt truly remorseful for being such a schmuck,and I told him we'll keep in touch whenever I get back home. By this time the plane was powering up and we said our goodbyes.

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2009, 01:05:30 AM »
You might want to consider getting a trackball.

I had wrist and lower arm muscle problems too because of working at PC too much. I first switched to left, but the problem got there as well after a while  :(. I now use a trackball and ever since I don't have problems anymore :)

It will take you about 1-2 days to get used to it, but for me it really worked well :) I didn't have any problems since I started using it 2 years ago  :party0011: I have one at work and an identical one at home :)

Logitech has some nice ones :)

This one for example (TrackMan Wheel):

They also have wireless versions etc. But since you don't move the TrackBall itself (unlike a mouse) I don't need it ;)

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2009, 08:54:51 AM »
Don, I understand why you'd be pissed at Jim and confused with Katya's behaviour.  Sorry to hear that. Looking forward to the next installment!

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2009, 11:40:48 AM »
Don, I've known schmucks like this dude.

Write him off and keep walking.  He'll find his next provider before the door slams.

It's guys like him that take advantage of your kindness, and the next guy, and the next guy, and ....

You don't need a user like this in your life.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2009, 10:34:08 PM »
 Thanks Mendy, Katya can be a confusing girl :chuckle: But I'm jumping way too far ahead of this trip report.   :-X
  Jim and I  still keep in touch,he recently called me this past summer. I can forgive a guy once, sometimes one gets into a funk when you have been there too long. And you find yourself doing things that normally wouldn't be considered, had you been on home turf.
 That being said, the trust will have been broken but I can work around it. It's not like were good friends anyway.

Herrie I can use both hands. Since childhood I have been ambidextrose.  Part equal, part sweet  ;D

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »
Herrie I can use both hands. Since childhood I have been ambidextrose.  Part equal, part sweet  ;D
Same for me, dad is left handed and mom is right handed and seems I can use both quite well too 8) Still that won't solve your problem if you use your left too intensely ;)

Offline Kimosabe

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2009, 04:19:06 PM »
OK Don, are you going to keep us in suspense or what?  When Jim left, where are you in time in your story?  How much longer did you stay in UA? 

There are enough of us here with interest in travel to Dniper to make our own travel group. Do you have plans to return? 

I know you are on a budget but, dude, there are airlines that fly a regular schedule into DNK.

Odessa is a great place to visit, rather friendly to foreigners and not terribly expensive.  I lived there for more than 6 months and would like to visit again.  But, in the search for a sincere woman, I feel Odessa has been ruined by the AFA and AVweb tours and the type of men they attract.  Yea, I know, I WAS on of those a@@holes.  Newbie-itis  ::)

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2009, 09:32:08 PM »
 Kimosabe I'm about half done in my story, on having plans to return yes I will always have plans to return,just not sure what city or when. As for Odessa being ruined by AFA tours,well I think the mindset of the Odessa girl also plays a role in it,I do find them different,but if guys drop cash at any girls feet ,it will eventually attract the kind of girls a honest sincere guy wants to avoid. I can only imagine cash flying stories would spread quickly years ago.

Today I finally got my Traci Lords bio  :party0011: I skimmed thought some of it, it made me jump on my story. What a life she has had.
 So with that ,on with the trip report :

With Jim gone the daily routine got a bit empty,but I still had Rich and Henry, ohh and of course Katya. It was November and the nights were dipping into the freezing zone. I don't think I had seen the sunshine in weeks,it's always that gloomy grey sky that one has harboured in his mind from seeing old photo's of the USSR.  It's gets depressing to me ,but I let it fall in the category of not being there to get a winter tan.

I was counting the weeks since departing Canada,and how the seasons had changed,and how this little adventure was panning out.  The times with Katya were progressing very well, she liked me and I liked her, I didn't have to go on blind dates, or sit in a I-net cafe scrolling past endless profiles of girls. Things were for the most part, as normal as one can get when dating. I kept my apartment, and she lived only about 20 minutes walking distance away,so it was all good.

It was time for Rich to head back to the UK,his 2 weeks were up and he wished he could of stayed,but the vacation time was over. We agreed to keep in touch and have done so since. Henry was still around and I would meet up and kill the day with him. He wasn't getting anywhere with finding a girl, and seemed to be in a retreat mode. Maybe he just gave up near the end ,I really don't know.  But I do know he came home and took some time off, even contemplated  dropping the very idea of finding a FSU girl. But he went about emailing some of the girls he had met in Russia from earlier trips, and has since married a girl from St. Petersburg RU.

With Henry's departure I was without any guys to hang with, my pal Guy in Odessa was too far away for even a cheap chat, Anna was still in Odessa,and I was still concerned for her. She needed time to heal her broken heart,and with the times I spent with her I knew that my timing was all wrong. It bothered me that I couldn't help her to get past all the shit she'd been through with her ex husband.  I took some comfort knowing she had a group of good friends, many whom I had met before leaving Odessa. I had gotten to know Anna in a much different light compared to my first visit to her in 2003.
  By 2005 I was introduced to more of her friends,and saw her in her own environment,conversing without having to speak English to me, even though she spoke very good English. I saw her being herself,often she would stop and translate for me,and even felt that I must be bored as her friends don't speak English. But I was fine with it all,and I was just glad Anna could have some laughs and smile for a night, leaving the ex on the back burner for a few hours.

Anyways back to Dnepropetrovsk, after the guys were all gone things got very quiet. I no longer went to any agency's,so I had no one to just talk with outside of Katya.  I also reflected on my crazy 4 month holiday,had a few hard looks at the bank account,evaluated my relationship with Katya, and pondered when would I have to leave. At the same time I was kicking myself for being so down over the girl that got me on the plane way back in August.
I also thought about the weeks I wasted not searching full time for a girl, and really just being lazy with the comforts that Odessa provided me. Living with Guy, having Anna there, and English was never far from being spoken. I would even meet up with Matt from time to time,but now it was all gone, and Dnepper was Katya, and only Katya. Not that it was a bad thing,wanting to find a girl is why I flew over here, but shit after 20 weeks I was getting tired of the country.

Once Katya was done with work we would meet up, and on one evening I had planned on cooking a nice dinner. She was into it and this gave me a chance to burn up the day getting the foods that I would need.
First stop was the large market at the far end of Karl Marx,I'd take the tram for some of the way,stopping at McDonald's for a small brunch before walking to the market.
 Once there I began looking for some beef to buy,I really didn't know if it was completely safe to do so ,but the place was already hovering around 10c so the meats wouldn't be spoiling too quickly.  I make my way down one of the aisles where the chunks of meat are out on display,as I'm walking I'm wondering just how fresh these meats may be. Than in behind the  display counters there lying in a pool of blood, was the cows head !  Yup it's fresh !
This market has none of that silly shrink wrapped foods, it was a about as raw as the slaughterhouse.  So I bought a chunk ,maybe 2kg's and paid a small amount for it. And I wondered why I wasn't eating like a Lord for the past few weeks. At this point I was down almost 10kg's in body weight since leaving Canada, even with eating McD's 5 x a week.  It's amazing what a couple hours a day of walking will do for ones health. After the meat buying, I'd always stop off at my friendly apricot salesman. Even though he couldn't speak much English ,he was always smiling when seeing me,and I guess buying a kilo of apricots off him didn't hurt.  So I had the dinner all bought, meat potatoes,rice,and a stirfry. I even got some coffee and tea, not that I drink the stuff,but I thought maybe she'd want some afterwards.

The dinner went fine,I had a hard time keeping the food warm under the gas oven,and it got slightly charred
:(. Katya just kept that sly smile going,not wanting to comment on the dried out meat. It was more palatable with the wine,but even I was pissed at how it was a failure. No matter,we head off to the living room and spend the evening talking.
 I knew this chick has seen her fair share of western men, and I knew that most of them would jump her if given the chance. So my strategy was to play it very cool,not get aroused and let her do all the talking. She'd drop little words here and there,trying to gauge my reaction,and I just held off saying much. You see I remember what she had told me weeks before,and from those conversations I decided I wasn't going to be the typical guy. But I guess after a couple of hours she finally dropped the bomb,
 " you wanna  :censored: me baby ?"  :chuckle:
 I found this to be quite funny and simply grinned, thinking to myself she has pulled out all the stops,and has nothing left to get a rise out of me.   She did spend the night,but we never had sex. It was difficult to keep calm,but I knew it would be for the betterment of our relationship.

In the morning she wanted coffee,and I was glad that I picked up a small container of the stuff,for this very reason. So I went about making my first ever cup of coffee....  I had no clue how to make it, inside the jar was all crumbly and I wasn't sure if I needed a filter, or if it was strained out afterwards.  But I knew enough to boil the water.    :)
So after staring at the Russian label,and really feeling somewhat stupid at being 37yo and not knowing how to make coffee, I kept at it hoping the answer would come to me.
 After several minutes Katya comes around the corner and wonders what the hell I am doing. I have no defence, I look at her with a biwildered look and she takes the jar and dumps the stuff into the hot water. Gives it a stir and looks at me like I'm a retard.  :innocent:  " Enjoy the coffee dear."  :biggrin:

As the following days went by Katya and I became closer,it all seemed very normal. There was no countdown calender for a departure. No race to get laid before having to head home, just a normal pace that a relationship takes. Things with Katya were getting to the point that I felt we could be apart,and I would return to see her in 3-4 months time. 
It was during the last week that she told me her brother was coming to visit her from Russia. She hadn't seen him in a few years,and I was thinking maybe this is a good time to go home, let her visit with family and pick it up in the springtime. A few days after she told me about the brother's visit, I made my mind up that I would fly home.  Kat and I were at a point that I felt we had enough to continue without too many problems from being apart.  I also considered staying and heading to Odessa for the week,and coming back to see her, but my decision came very quickly,while out walking. That night I told her I needed to book a ticket and the following day,I had my ticket to leave the next day.
 Katya wanted to know when I would come back,and understood why I had to go. 22 weeks with no income it was kind of nuts,and if I wanted to return I needed to earn some money badly.
We said our goodbyes,and I flew to Kiev. From there I called up Guy and told him I'm leaving, I also called Anna, and wished her the best.

As I made my way to the passport control the guy takes my passport, has a look at my arrival date, and does some quick math...  Where is your visa for staying more than 90 days ?  It was at this point where I knew I should not have trusted Guy weeks before by telling me he was the 'Warden of Odessa' !   ::)

Like WTF is that anyway you ask ?  Well according to him he was given some powers by the Canadian Embassy to help Canadian's in Odessa. I was with him the night he emailed the Embassy in Kiev with my info regarding the extended stay.
A few taps of the keys and he proudly said it was all taken care of.  However I guess the " paperwork" never got into the Ukrainian government's data base,and when I told the guard that the 'Warden' had sent it via email,and that I never got any papers from him. He doesn't look very impressed with my answers, and annoyingly stamps the passport allowing me to get out of the country.

After I cleared the gate I called up Karina from Zaporozhye, she is the one with an agency. I tell her I may of found the one and she is happy for me and wishes me the best. I have nothing but good things to say about her. She helped me out so much with setting up dates,that I have always recommended her to others. A little talk with Katya and I was off to the 1st world !

I got a flight on Aerosvit Airlines,it was my first time with them,and well... it was entertaining ! First the TV didn't work so the steward walks up to it and begins smacking it ! I began thinking if the bird was as sound as it should be.
 Touching down in Germany was like stepping into a different world,I had some slight culture shock. There were girls all dressed so different and much larger than you see in UA. The place was clean,and orderly. People smiled & there were lots of items for sale in the stores, and even some very familiar American restaurants. But the girls were gone,no slim skirted boot wearin girls, just plainly dressed girls,not looking very good at all. I was shocked,at how much difference there was,after 4 months of seeing nice girls I had just stepped into a bad time warp...

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2009, 11:39:12 PM »
yeah, Don, I know what you mean about the culture shock when you land anywhere in the West...clean nice bathrooms, people are relaxed and friendly, but suddenly all the beautiful sexy women are not there any more...plus when I land in Atlanta and see all the oversized women there I always think "why can't all the Russian women come here and how nice it would be to send American women to Russia or Ukraine!  :chuckle:
Nice TR by the way!

Online BelleZeBoob

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2009, 07:34:11 AM »
  when I land in Atlanta and see all the oversized women there I always think "why can't all the Russian women come here and how nice it would be to send American women to Russia or Ukraine!  :chuckle:

You are reading my mind Ed ;) I am on my way  :travel:

I smile when I think of all those male faces in Moscow who are used to see Russian slim curvy beauties dressed up to the nines for them and smiling to RM...If that would be the case, men in Russia would probably quickly sober up :)
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2009, 07:46:31 AM »
  when I land in Atlanta and see all the oversized women there I always think "why can't all the Russian women come here and how nice it would be to send American women to Russia or Ukraine!  :chuckle:

I smile when I think of all those male faces in Moscow who are used to see Russian slim curvy beauties dressed up to the nines for them and smiling to RM...If that would be the case, men in Russia would probably quickly sober up :)
I think that if RM saw that all the beauties disapeared and instead they would get our BBW (big beautiful women) population they would get sooooo depressed they would drink even more.  :scared0005:
Come on over, Belle and bring as many girls as possible with you! We'll have a big party for you!

Offline Paul

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2009, 09:29:55 AM »

:ROFL:

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2009, 05:24:42 AM »

In the morning she wanted coffee,and I was glad that I picked up a small container of the stuff, for this very reason. So I went about making my first ever cup of coffee... 

I had no clue how to make it, inside the jar was all crumbly and I wasn't sure if I needed a filter, or if it was strained out afterwards.  But I knew enough to boil the water.    :)

So after staring at the Russian label,and really feeling somewhat stupid at being 37yo and not knowing how to make coffee, I kept at it hoping the answer would come to me.

After several minutes Katya comes around the corner and wonders what the hell I am doing. I have no defence, I look at her with a biwildered look and she takes the jar and dumps the stuff into the hot water. Gives it a stir and looks at me like I'm a retard.  :innocent:  " Enjoy the coffee dear."  :biggrin:

Again this mysterious filter! It has been mentionned in "Sex & the city" once (the guy used the last piece of toilet paper "to make a filter"; surely enough, Carrie needed to use the toilet a minute after...); ECR mentionned it in his first Voronezh trip report; now Donhollio...

WHAT A HELL IS THAT?? What it is used for? Can someone please explain?  ??? 

P.S. I DO have a coffee machine at home. It doesn't have any filters which can be substituted by a piece of toilet paper!
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2009, 05:54:10 AM »
"Olga_Mouse,"

http://www.chow.com/stories/11067
http://coffeetea.about.com/od/brewingbasics/ss/brewdrip.htm
http://coffeegeek.com/

Here is what it looks like (There are some different variations to this as well.)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

One of the benefits to using a filter like those pictured above as opposed to stirring the grounds into the hot water is that you don't end up drinking the coffee grounds.

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2009, 06:04:39 AM »

Here is what it looks like (There are some different variations to this as well.)

Aha, I see now! In the coffee machines I've seen before the filter is made out of metal and has small holes all over. It has to be emptied then washed...

One of the benefits to using a filter like those pictured above as opposed to stirring the grounds into the hot water is that you don't end up drinking the coffee grounds.

Used coffee grounds are perfect base for the home made body scrub, by the way  ::)
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Registration