The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Donhollio's FSU Pursuit !  (Read 185064 times)

Offline Donhollio

Re: Donhollio's FSU Pursuit !
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 08:31:08 PM »
So the ride on the early evening train was like so many others I have taken since. Long slow and boring. I don't read much,and looking out the window only is good as long as the sun hasn't set.  And once that moment comes,it's like sitting in jail waiting for a visitor ( So I have been told )  :innocent:
  The train was to arrive at 4am ,and Olya will be there to meet me,only problem was I was in the early stages of a migraine headache. I delayed taking any pills for it, but hours past and it was not going away. So I popped a few pills and tried to sleep it off, most times this will work.
 I'm not sure what happened exactly but as the train was about to enter the Zaprozhye train station,the train attendant was shaking me !  She had a look of urgency on her face, and I could hear the train was almost at a stop.  So I jumped off the top bunk,grabbed my bag and headed to the now crawling train.
 My first thoughts were, I have to hide from Olya if she's standing there and sees me looking all dichevaled. I had planned on shaving,popping in the contacts,and getting some decent clothes on. But the time ran out and I walk off the train and run down into the storage area, thinking it was the WC !
 As I was running I noticed what must of Been her standing there looking at the train wondering if I was in the car. Lucky for me she was looking too far down the line to see me .

So down in the baggage area a woman and taxi driver are there ,and one is trying to offer me his fare ,and the other is trying to get my money for the locker . I was really confused and somewhat stoned from the pills,but I finally realised there was no WC near me,and when I tried to ask they were confused as to what I was requesting.
 Finally in exasperation, I look at the woman, than at the man ,  and gesture I need to take a piss :-[   They both have a chuckle and he directs me to the WC.  Ahh yes the WC ,not restroom as I was asking for. If only that Russian language course was still in my head ,I would of known .
 Anyway I get cleaned up,and head upstairs to see Olya. By this point the station is empty,and I'm thinking the worst that she has left thinking I didn't get on that train.
 When I first got off the train I noticed a girl in a skirt,and knew that must of been her, but as I was walking out of the station I was looking for a girl in a red dress ???  Too many pills I guess.  I made my way to the main doors and walked right past her,it was strange as we both passed each other, staring and as we passee we both turned knowing we found each other .   I will say it was a brutal first encounter.
 Olya says she has a taxi waiting to take us to the Azov sea,and asks if its ok.  I say sure as there wasn't a bus going there for hours,and I had already taken 2 days off her holiday.
  Getting in the taxi she can see how tried I am,wonders why. I try to tell her I can't sleep on train,planes,automobiles,and I'm sure any other moving thing. I tell her I need cash for the ride $50 USD,and we head off to a ATM. 
 Now it just keeps getting better and better, the card is not dispensing the amounts it should be. But I have another card and it gives me the required sum without hassle.
   Now I'm worried why this one card wasn't giving me the amount I wanted,all I could get was about $60 per 24 hours.  The sunrise drive in the countryside was nice, though it was shocking to see so many dead dogs that were killed during the night by vehicles. Also dotting the roadside were the farmers selling the melons, we stop to get some to take to her mother.
 We drive through Maripol and try the ATM again... no luck, ohh well press on.
Olya tells me to sleep as she can clearly see how exhausted I was,but I told her I had waited since Spring to see her,and wasn't going to sleep now!
  The beach area/resort ?  I dunno what they call it, but it is the beach, bars, restaurants ,and some amusement rides all in a strip.
 We pull up to the box car that has been converted into two units all for $10 p/n.  Her mom was somewhat disappointed in the place as she rented it site unseen from a neighbour.  It was good enough for a beach holiday,and I think once Olya saw it didn't bother me ,she was more at ease.  In fact it seemed she was more disgusted with it than I was  :chuckle:
 I told her its a place to sleep,and will be fine. Meeting her mom went alright, we both don't know each others language,so it was done via Olya's translating. After about 30 minutes Olya asked if I wanted to sleep, it was about 8am and I needed it badly. She than offered to go to the beach and I could sleep there, but I didn't want that so I opted to sleep a few hours in the soft bed.  Olay said she was tried too ,after staying up all night and being at a dance club.

I excused myself and went to lay down, all I remember was sinking into the bed, and upon my second breath I was out.  I have never fallen asleep like that before, it was a euphoric feeling like the time I was on morphine for 2 weeks. 
 We both woke at about noon and prepared for the beach, it was hot out already, and I went to sit on the deck while Olya got ready.  Moments later Olya emerges from the boxcar, in a little bikini, big shades and some 10cms beach heels ! :party0031:
 I was so happy I had my shades on, so her mom couldn't see my eyes popping out while her mom was sitting across from me !  Wow!  What a site ! The past few days were all washed away,and now I was finally with Olya and about to enjoy the beach.

What I should have known in hindsite is that I need a few days to be 100% after flying and riding to Ukraine. I was no where near my norm,and it showed.
 We had a nice time that day ,talking ,drinking and just enjoying our time together. As evening came I offered to take them to dinner somewhere along the promenade,where her mom has told her she wants to ask me some questions :scared0005: Ohh oh questions ?  " Yes Don, she wants to know things."   I was bracing myself to find the right answers,and during dinner they were mostly benign,and one question I guess was too much for Olya to ask me,and gave her mom as wave of the finger  :chuckle:

Later that evening her mom went back to the boxcar, and Olya and I went down near the beach. I thought it was going well , she was showing all kinds of affection,and we called it a early night in part to both of us being tried.
 Next day she wanted to have some food ,and we went walking to find some woman selling cooked food from the trunk of her Lada :o  Now I won't get too far into it ,but we had some mashed potato's,and meat. What I didn't know is that the meal also had some egg in it, though not enough to make me real sick ,just enough to make my stomach sore,and give me nausea.  Of course this put a damper on my mood,and I was becoming increasingly a boring guy.

It was back to roasting on the beach, +30c and no shade, she wanted to swim and I didn't,I just didn't feel too good,but never told her,add on being still tried wasn't helping matters.  not that there was ever a uncomfortable moment, but as the day progressed I knew I was losing her fast.
  I finally decided to just come out and say it, ( no I'm not a one week wonder ) but I asked her how she saw things going between us.  Well the answer I got was not only the one I didn't want to hear, but it was depressing as well. I knew it too because I felt it in me as well.  She basically said I wasn't the happy fun man she knew from all those phone calls in Canada. I knew it was true,and I cursed myself for not taking some days to recoup my energy before seeing her.
 I thanked her for her honesty, and it was the first time I was at a loss for words in her company.

That evening we headed out to some dance club, my cash flow was dwindling down to about $20,but I still really enjoyed being with her,and judging by her body language, I was having a hard time believing I was a write off in her books. She still continues to hold my hand,wrap her arms around me,and show enough affection to make me hold out some hope.  It was going to be our last night at the Azov sea,and I was thinking it may be the last night I will ever see her.  My heart was falling for her,and I was shocked by how much I liked her, as I don't tumble like that.  However I guess anything was possible.
 We ended the night quite late,and from what she told me on the beach that day was starting to get the better of me, I was thinking too much about it,and getting in a sad mood.
 Next day it was back to the beach, for the last day of roasting, Olya could tell I was sad over the way it was turning out,and she asked me about the other girls I would be meeting. ???   "I don't have any if I never knew you, I would of never come to Ukraine."   I remember those words too vividly,as she was surprised saying most men come and meet many others. "I told you before I was only writing you."  And with those words I made her feel very guilty :( it was never my intention to do that,it just came out that way.  She received a phone call from her work later on ,and they confirmed that she was needed in Kiev. 

Now I was hoping that we would of lasted longer than a day and a half, but it was now on to plan B. I asked to borrow her phone, as I needed to call Guy in Odessa,and tell him I was on my way there much sooner than expected.   In speaking with Guy, I asked if his room was open yet and her tells me its rented until the end of the month, 26th or around there.  I say ok I'll make other arrangements, and I will be in touch.
 Basically my plan B was to live with Guy in Odessa, maybe work at his school and meet some girls.  Olya and I took the bus back to Zaporzhye,and we made a stop at her auntie's for dinner. it was nice to meet her and Olya's father who turned out to be a hockey fan. When I told him I was from Winnipeg ,he paused and replied "Winnipeg Jets!" I was shocked that he knew of this team, as I didn't think it's history was known back in the USSR days. The Jets were the first team to bring in Europeans to play and they even played against some of the top USSR teams back in the 70's. I think they even took on the red army once, it was a ground breaking team ,and they paved the way for todays NHL.

Anyways after dinner Olya her dad and I, went to see her off at the train station for her trip to Kiev. As the train pulled out, I thought ,"shit, I plan on being here 6 months and so far my plan is blown after 3 days."   It's a long road ahead :(

Ivan dropped me off at the Intourist where Olya had set me up ,and even gave me some numbers to call to meet other girls. Gee thanks girl, I knew she meant well , but I didn't want to hear it.  I had also decided to just stay in Zapcity,I would of needed to rent a place in Odessa until Guys room was freed up,and I really didn't want to totally give up on Olya,even though I knew it was not going to happen.

When Olya returned from Kiev I called her up to tell her I was still in Zapcity and we met up later on. Everything was as it was,good time enjoying ourselves.  While she was gone I met a guy who had been scammed by a Aweb girl ::)  he had almost a week left,and his date was finished after one night of her taking a kick back on the sushi bill.
 I'm telling you newbies ,any girl who wants sushi on a first date is nothing but trouble.
  I offered Dave a chance to meet a agency owner that Olya used,and maybe he could salvage some of his trip. He agreed, and later that day Karina came to meet us. I told Dave not to mention Olya to her as I was told she didn't know I was in town. It seems Olya had kept  me from her.  So were sitting at a cafe and Dave mentions what kind of girl he'd like to meet. Instantly she offers up Olya ! :o I keep it quiet, and as she places a call to her ,I am thinking  WTF have I just done?
 I tell Karina I'm not interested in meeting any girls,so she works on getting Dave some dates.
 After we head back to her office,and she goes through her PC showing him some girls. Now the date with Olya had already been set,and I didn't have anytime during this to tell him that's the girl I was with at the beach ! Finally she prints off Olya's profile for him ,and I tap his foot telling him.  Well I was hoping he would of declined meeting her,but instead he tells Karina that he has met a guy in the hotel who was seeing her  :o :o  I kept my poker face,and was wondering where this was going, finally he turns to me and says, " And you are?"   So in my best accent I say, " Steve from Minnesoda." 
 I was thinking why is he trying to have a laugh at my expense,but I held on to being Steve.  He never did meet Olya because of me,and know Karina is wanting to get to the bottom of all this.   Karina said it was impossible because Olya was only serious about one man from London :green:  I can't tell you how that felt, hearing those words knowing Karina didn't know who I was. And what could I do of say at that point ?  I kept my mouth shut,even as she went on about she wanted marriage with him,but he didn't.  It was crushing to say the least,my insides churned for hours. And I had to keep it all to myself.

The next day I get a few phone calls to my hotel room,without any one replying,and I'm thinking it's all going to come out now and Olya will be in deep shit.  We we met the following night, I could tell she was disturbed and wanted to ask me some things ,but didn't know if I was in on it,or how to go about it. It began in a humorous way,she was asking if there was a guy in the hotel from USA,and if I knew him. I told her I did ,and I lied to her earlier about it,to keep her from having to lie to Karina.
 Olya and I spent the evenings together having dinner,and some drinks. We would talk about almost anything, than one day while walking I couldn't resist any longer,and moment came up in the conversation and I popped the question. 
"What about the man from London ?"  Well the look on her face was one of astonishment, she was speechless ,and asked how I knew about him.  I told him Karina told me ,and she didn't know who I was at the time.   I didn't bother to bring up the fact she wanted him,and he was moving slower than she wanted. I just didn't want to bring it up,but he and I both were writing to her at the same time,except he showed up first,and her heart was taken.
 She made it out to be like he wasn't going to be in the picture,and I had seen enough of Olya to know she's a terrible liar.  But I let it go.

My time in Zaporzhye was coming to an end,and even though Olya and I continued to hang out together, on the last night I ever saw her we were in the taxi to drop her off at home,she offered to come to Odessa. I thought this was very strange,and said how could she come if she hasn't enough days off to come down ?   She made it sound like she could find the time,but I told her
( insert foot in mouth)   That she only wanted a holiday to come down to Odessa and sit on the beach. I added in somewhere that it's also because she has never been there............ :duh:
   Hey I've made 6 trips you think, I pussy foot around holding back my thoughts ? :laugh:  Well Olya sits up from laying on my lap,and we arrive shortly at her place. Out of the car I usually get the nightly kiss on the cheek, but this time it was a firm handshake ! :chuckle:  Ohh did I push some buttons Olya ? 

Earlier she agreed to see me off at the train station,and when I called her she was telling me she'll meet me there. I knew she was still mad,and off to the station I went.  High noon was fast approaching and there was no sign of Olya, so I called and she never answered. Well I guess I did piss her off more than I thought.

Sadly I got on the train Odessa was waiting 44 stops and 17 hours :( What a slow ride it was. 44 stops I couldn't believe it ! It's the only train I have been on there where the electric grid ends ,and they hook up a diesel to haul it for awhile.  I can say this the ride with diesel has much more vibration than the electric locomotives.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 11:31:27 PM »
 I roll into Odessa,and reminisced about being there two years prior. Armed with a slight knowledge about the centres layout, I make my way to the good pay phones, if such a thing is possible.
 I walk to the Black Sea Hotel to use the pay phone and get some cash from  the ATM. I call up Guy and he gives me his home address,and tells me how much I should be paying for a ride to his home from there.
 Well the first driver tries to tell me its very far and will cost 100 UAH !   Thats about 75-80 higher than the norm,so I make my way to the local McDonald's and find a more civil fare.
 Hotels are know to have higher prices for most services,and a 2 block walk can save you money, and more importantly not getting taken advantage of.
 Pulling up to guys was refreshing,a nice little home with clean air,and low on noise. It was a complete transformation from my hotel stays. Guy gave me a tour of his place ,and showed me how the place all works. Lot's of ways to doing things in his home  :chuckle:  I needed some rest so I took a nap, and later we went to the beach. It was nice to sit on some foreign shore and speak English,all the while seeing slim topless girls ! :party0031:
 Guy was wanting me to teach at his school after some training to see if I could do it.  I was not really crazy about trying it,but after some days past I headed off with him to check it out.
 It became very clear to me that teaching wasn't going to happen,as I knew no grammar rules or how it all fits together. Ohh well  I speak one language ,and I do good at it, just don't ask me to explain the rules.
 His classes were made up of mostly girls 80% for most levels,and it was nice to see the girls all into learning! ;D
 Other nights were spent in the nightclubs of Arkadia !  This was the second time I had been there, and those unique clubs are of world calibre.  Some nights were good ,and some were boring,it all depended on my mood,and sometimes my thoughts on Olya kept creeping up and pissing me off.
 I still had yet to get a phone,but was working on it, and I wanted to speak with Olya again. So I had Guy call up her aunt's home ( Olya was staying there )  She knows Spanish as Guy does so there would be no problem should Olya not be there.
 After a couple of minutes in Spanish, Olya and I are speaking on the phone.  Things seemed alright, I pissed her off and she wasn't interested in speaking to me. But I guess she was more forgiving than most,and I told her I'd like to call once I get my phone. She agreed and I was relieved !  And why wouldn't she ? She was getting free English lessons ,from a English speaker without any accent ! ;D  ( Canucks don't have accents ) ;D Once I had my phone I would call her every few days to just chat about whatever came up.
 She was wanting to know about how my search was going,and if I had met with Anna again. As well just how life in general was in Odessa.
  Anyways I got sick shortly after swimming in the sea,and couldn't move around for most of the week.  The only highlight was Olya's SMS's being concerned about my health.
 Things seemed fine between us and I was thinking she could be a good friend down the road,but that wasn't to be.
  I only spoke with her very breifly after ,and I could tell she was lying about having her cell phone stolen from a nightclub.  Like I said she wasn't very convincing at telling lies.  I let it roll off again, and mentioned that i may leave Ukraine very soon,and thought maybe I would stop in Zaporzhye to say goodbye to her.
 She didn't sound too comfortable with that suggestion,and just said ,
" I don't know."  We chatted for a few minutes,and it sounded like she was busy,so I asked if I calling her the coming weekend would be better.   We said our goodbyes,and when I went to call that Saturday,there was no answer. About a week went by and I decided to call her home, I was pissed at her for not answering the phone,and planned on letting her know.
 I know normally back home I would of given up on this girl from day 3 , but I found when I am in Ukraine boredom often reigns.And I tend to pursue things  a bit too much.   The days can be long ,and uneventful until the night comes,only to have it start all over at 9am. Long walks and sitting on the beach can all be good in moderation,but for me it wears off quick.

So I made the call, mom answers and the little Russian I knew and tone she was asking ,that she was wanting to know how my girl search was going. She seemed happy to hear from me again,and I asked where Olya was. Her mom gave me a number to call.... Olya's cell number  :(  The very number she told me was stolen weeks earlier.  I repeated the numbers,and even got the house cleaner to confirm the numbers.   
 I thanked her mom and she could tell I was sad by  getting the number.  Afterwards I sent Olya a SMS  telling her she didn't need to be that way,and she could of just been honest. I know its not easy,but she didn't seem to have any problem with it on the beach.
 She never replied ,and I didn't expect her to.

In the meantime I was hanging out with Anna and some of her friends. It was great to have a little normal atmosphere,and Anna was always easy on the eyes  ;D

More to come.

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 07:18:05 PM »
Canucks don't have accents

eh!!! ;D ;D

Hello Don :
    Just a friendly jab.  I've always had great times when I visit Canada.  Being from Boston ; Montreal is my most frequent stop.  Hope one day to get to the Western cities!  I'm a hockey fan so taking in some games are high on my list.  I look forward to reading more about your times in FSU.  If I go back ; it will be to visit my wife's cousins.

Dave Maynard

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 10:35:16 PM »
  Quebecers don't count   :laugh:  You know I learned all my french from reading cereal boxes and listening to  da Montreal Canadian playurs speak during intermission on Hockey Night in Canada.
 I would ask my dad why they can't speak normal, and than would tell me all about Quebec in his endearing ways  :laugh:

So after some weeks had past, and not one prospect in sight, I began hitting the i-net cafes heavy in search of a better city to try.  I refused to use AFA or Aweb more so Aweb, due to its dishonest management style. AFA couldn't give me a office to stop in at ,so I discounted them on that alone.
 I had also gotten in contact with a woman who once did work for Aweb,and she offered to help me ,but again I felt like I gave them enough money.
 I settled in on Athena agency,they were open and very helpful. Its too bad the girls in her agency ( that I chose )  were not that interested in meeting me or any guys for that matter.
 I will give you a quick rundown. All the girls I picked spoke English without the aid of a translator.  First girl had met what must of been a hundred guys,playboys, losers and more losers. She was a complete snob, but again I had nothing better to do that day ,so I sat and chatted with her on a bunch of subjects.
  Politics seemed to be a keen interest of hers,it was the only girl I met who spoke about it.
 The other 3 I picked,were duds.  One expected me to show up with about 1 hours notice. it wasn't possible,and she never bothered to call the office back to arrange another meeting.
 Another stood me up,claiming her father took ill suddenly and couldn't make it. And my favorite girl was a airline stewardess,who after reading another guys TR I PMed him to ask if it was the same girl I had met.  Yup it was, it was comical to know our dates months apart were almost identical in how she behaved 
 We both call her Miss Sto 

There was nothing I was interested in at Adam and Eva,so my new cities plan was in the early stages. Guy wasn't happy with me wanting to leave,but understood why I was. He had his girlfriend try and find someone for me ,but came up empty.
 The best they came up with was sexy Sveta. She came over one night to Guys home for some drinks in the backyard. It was the first time I saw her and Donhollio was in lust to the 10th power !  But she was a tough one to get close to,and I just let it be that she wasn't all that dialled into me.
 I kept procrastinating,and I found out that Olya had gone to see her man in London.  I must of stared at that screen for 2 minutes before moving to the next line.  I couldn't believe it,even though I knew about her interest in him,I just never gave much thought to her flying there.
 So now that my day was ruined  I was happy Guy and a couple  of guys were going out to Palladium nightclub. I was not in a good mood ,and while leaning up against a railing up comes a blond girl asking if I speak English.  She seemed so playful with her tossing her hair from side to side,and giving a cute little laugh. It was exactly what I needed at that moment,and I really think that after two months of failure,if my luck didn't turn around very soon ,I was going home.

Before this I even had called up an ex bedmate just to shoot the shit with and without any language hassles.  It was good to speak with her,not that she was very happy with this "stupid" idea of going there to find a girl,when I had one waiting at the other end of the phone. But I was here ,and not back home for a reason.
  So Kristina and I spent the night together,until the wee hours. Than she asks if I will go shopping with her for some food.  Shopping at 7am ?  Wow, ok    It was all very entertaining with her dragging me by the hand, up and down the  aisles looking for food to make some fish soup.  I was shocked to hear how demanding she was with the staff,but I said nothing.
 To my suprise she didn't ask or even hint for me to pay for the food,and once outside we kissed and she sent me home in a taxi.  Agreeing to meet again later in the week seemed like a good idea,but if I could of only seen into the future ....   Why do I always seem to find them   We did meet a few more times that week,but I knew it wasn't going to work. So I planned my departure to return to Zaporozhye. A city I told Olya I wouldn't go to if she wasn't there. But F@#$ HER !  She's gone and I have my own life to fullfill.   :party0031:

I won't be posting any photo's of the above mentioned girls, as I don't want to cause any trouble with any of them. Especially Kristina ! :scared0005:

Offline Peace

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 10:51:23 PM »
No photos ?
Completely worthless  with out them , how could you ?
please email some to me , pleeeese  :-) .
I must see who  you are talking about .

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 11:49:59 AM »

Sweet Kristina :chuckle: she likes me but she's a wild one. And of course it's complicated like just about everything there. We've spoke about alot of things and she's even suggested getting a flat to rent when/ if I come back to Odessa. I not planning on it ,and spoke with her about the things that bother me about her. She understands,and trys to reassure me about it,but like I say it's complicated. Lets leave it at that.

So I took the 17hr. train back to Zapcity with 44 stops, and contacted Athena agency there along with" jasmine4u" Both have been great to me ,Irina and Svetlana at Athena have done a honest job getting the girls that want to meet me. Jasmine4u has since closed its doors.
So my first date at Athena went bad ,like 4 minutes long ! I couldn't believe it ! She wanted to meet at this seafood place (here it comes again) I don't eat seafood and got there first. Having realized this when she came in , I told her let's go elsewhere. She said it's the only place she prefered to eat.
  Yeah ,that's nice so I'll sit here and watch you eat than ? I didn't say that but sure wanted to. I told her again I don't eat this food ,than she had no time to go to any other place. I offered some tea. No. So we left . I said goodbye and that was it.

You know I'm getting better at spotting the ones that just want a meal they never could afford themselves.
She wasn't interested in me at all and that's cool . But to be so stupid to think I'm going to sit and watch her eat, was beyond me . When I called Irina she was shocked to say the least.
 I than had a date that early evening with Elena from the free personals . She was well mannered spoke very good English,and was very level headed. She said she liked me but I told her I didn't feel the same ,I could tell she was down a bit over it and wished to hear from me again before I was to leave Zaporzhye.

O/O Karina from jasmine 4U came to the hotel ,picked me up and we went to her office. I met her back in August and it was good to see her again. Her first words were , " So the mysterious Steve" ;D
 Arriving at her office she could tell I was still hurt from the Olya departure. I did my best to move on, but I think my body language was still giving me away.
We talked breifly about her,and I didn't want to make this a inquiry into her new life abroad, so Karina did what I had asked, to find me someone else to meet.
Scanning through her profiles, I managed to pick about 3 or 4 girls. All were English speaking.
I also decided to not base my search on age ,and thought I'd just meet who I could.
One night I met Yulia. She was a very nice girl, friendly and willing to show me some of the sites in Zaporozhye. I saw her on a handful of occasions,and we both knew we were not heading down a romantic path. But it was just nice to have a person to share your time with.
Another was a young 22 yo. Dark hair very toned body and worked as a dance instructor. We had a 4 hour date at a popular place on Lenin prospect. ( The longest in the FSU ) She later asked if I could walk her to the bus stop,and I suggested I will cover her taxi ride home. But she would have none of that,and wanted to stroll up the prospect to her cross street. Guys her stop took us 45 minutes to walk there, I was rather tired after all of it ,and still had to walk back to the hotel, that was less than a five minute walk from where we left.
She told me to call her,and I never did call her until a few days later. I knew it wasn't going to work,but she was going to make some guy very happy one day.

Another was a girl closer to my age and as Karina called described her having, "electric eyes"
 And she did ! Big bright eyes,with a typical FSU body to match. She was very pretty,but as the night progressed,she struck me a not being the person I'd want to be with. I don't know why I never gave her a second chance ,she too wanted to meet again but yet it was after months of being there, I began to think I was just going through the paces. Svetlana was worth the second date,and to this day I still think "what if."
I don't recommend this approach to finding a FSU wife , it can do alot of damage to your sleep.
 I also made a call to Kristina during this week,and we discussed a host of things. She is not happy I left Odessa,and I did have a hard time believing what she was telling me,but I knew in my heart it would not work either. She wants to see me when I get back,and I suppose I'll take her up on it.

Zaporozhye was also where I ran into my first pro dater. She was not from jasmine4u but was on a few agencys websites. She was a short goodlooking stacked blonde , just how I like 'em  ;D  We had a lunch date ,and that day I held off having my usual morning meal of chesse, fruit and slices of meat. So by 2pm I was getting hungry. Ilona agreed to meet me in the hotel lobby, and my plan was to just head next door to the resturant for the lunch date. As soon as we met she offered a place to eat. I had never heard of it before ,so I reluctantly agreed.

I was a nice little place ,not busy at all ( bad sign ) and we were the only ones there.  The food was passable,and during our time I asked her what she likes to do during her free time. Well the answer I got was so rehearsed, and it went on for about a minute and a half !  It was at this point I knew ,this wasn't going to be good. And with her making eyes at the waitress,than saying she should go call a taxi,as her lunch time was almost over and she had to return to work.
  I was seated with my back to all the comings and goings in the place,and that only worked to their advantage. She returns and soon the bill is placed at our table. Almost 300 UAH / $60  I look at her and shes already looking at me,with a wearey look on her face. I say nothing ,but she could tell I wasn't believing this crap food cost the sum on the bill.
  Earlier she told me she has met many guys ,and even worked the doors at the AFA socials that came to town. So I think she had this gig almost down to perfection,she just needed to work on her facial expression when the bill comes. That was the end of seeing her for a few days.

In the hotel I met a Canuck from Ottawa,he claimed her was there to site see and take in the Cossack history. Seemed strange,but I wasn't about to derail him,even though he asked a bunch of questions on girls,and the FSU pursuit. It was good to spend the free time I had with Robert,as we did try to find some interesting things to do, since he was travelling without a intinery. I suggested he come with me to Odessa, see that city before flying off to Kiev. He was thinking of just flying to the UK visiting there until his flight home. But I told him about Guy and the fact they both were ESL teaches helped to convince him to tag along.

My week in Zaporozyhe was coming to an end. I had wanted to go to Poltava from there, but the agency was never returning any emails, and when I would call them they told me it was a PC problem. I wasted a entire month trying to get what should of been a simple two or three emails,turns into a mess. I never did get there,and planned to return to Odessa.

I did see Ilona one more time but it was in a local i-net cafe and she was with some western guy who couldn't get his visa card working. Lucky shmuck !  :chuckle:  When I turned around to say hello to her,she seemed suprised,and quickly went to the booth where the guy was !  As I finished up I walked past and said," Hope everything works out in the future for you."  BTW I don't see her on the agencys I once did, so maybe she did find some guy.

Robert and I got back on that pathetic train, 17 hours on the the little train that barely could. No plane and the bus from what I've been told by one guy we met in the hotel is worse. He had to stand for the first 4-5 hours ! Odessa will arrive at 04:25.

Once in Odessa I got him to the Irish Pub as his room he rented was just across the street. I later went on my way to Guys home,and 45 minute ride by mini bus. Got settled in,and had some sleep.

It was late October and I had been in Ukraine since the second week of August, Odessa was a comforting place. I knew my way around, had English support in place,and Anna & friends. Even though Anna was going through some tough personal times,we did manage to meet during my stay there at least two times a week. I did my best to help her along ,but I think time was going to be the only cure.

Guy enjoyed meeting Robert,tried to convince him to give teaching at his school a try,and said he'd give it some thought. It was halloween night and even though its just starting to gain in popularity there,the Irish Pub had a special night of it. Costumes, games,and even a pumpkin carving contest ! Though the highlight for me was seeing two children maybe seven years old playing the VLT's  ( slot machines) !!!   :o :o Even Matt who lives there running his rental flat business www.odessarentaflat.com found it so disturbing  :laugh:   Get'em while their young !  Its too bad the photo I have of it is of such poor quality,its not worth posting.

During this time I worked on a new city, Dnepropetrovsk. Hours spent in the i-net cafe,getting it all together,and waiting on replies.  More on that later. ;)

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 06:33:29 PM »
 Well that was a nice two month long break between posts! Continuing on.

Odessa in late October gets rather quiet when compared to the summer season. I'd have to say its like most other Ukrainian cities during this time. The tourists have long gone home, all the beaches are shutdown for the year,and its kinda empty.
 So I spent my time in the internet cafes, browsing the sites for more girls to contact .
Hours & days later I decided on the city of Dnepropetrovsk! I sent my info off to 5 star introductions, and had a prompt reply. It was a huge change from the Poltava BS I endured for weeks.
 When I recieved the agencys reply I was told all the girls agreed to meet me. When she said that I laughed and told her," I don't have that kind of luck ! "
 But with the way things have been going for me in Odessa I really want to get out.
I also made some head way with the Poltava agency,they have the info and photo's ,and I was to go there after my Dnepropetrovsk visit.

But before I left I had been hanging out with Kristina, she would suprise me with the things she'd say to me when I was in Zaporozhye, but I knew it would be a bad idea to continue with her.
It was Saturday night and Guy and some of his teachers and students were heading to the Yo club. Very interesting club as are most of Odessa's nightclubs, nothing about them is ordinary. As time ticked by  Kristina was getting annoyed by the loud "Boom Boom"  as she called it,and wanted to leave to go elsewhere.
 I was all for it as I hate dance music,and was game for anything.
 We went walking to find a taxi ,and than out of nowhere she starts in about me and money.
 Two nights before I told her I didn't have alot on me maybe 200 UAH. And I couldn't take more out of the ATM until the next day. I took a bunch out earlier in the day, and left it at home. So she didn't want to understand all this ,but I had enough to cover it all.  She brings this up again, and I tell her to drop it. I'm sick of hearing about it.
 She than tells me that's the way it is in UA, men pay always. I told her again if I can't take $$$ out how do I pay?  She lives in a cash world, so I suppose she thinks it's a big lie on my part. So finally we get into a cab and head off.

She wants to make a stop at her sisters along the way,and leaves me in the taxi. After 10 minutes shes not back, and the guy is getting pissed at me. So I tell him to return to the Yo Club. At this point I've had enough of her, and send her she finally calls about 1/2 hour later wondering where I am .
 I tell her and she's not happy, and wants me to return to her. I tell her no, and she can come back here. I think you can tell how this is going to end ?
 I send her a SMS telling her goodbye. Now Kristina is really mad and I didn't really care ,you don't want to show any respect towards me ,go to hell. She calls back again and rants on for about 5 minuites. She made the call and I guess she wanted to give me a blast, cause she never wants to use up her time on the phone.  All the while I'm in the WC at the Yo Club, swearing at her in English, and this guy walks by and starts laughing!  I could just imagine what he was thinking  :chuckle:
 She hangs up on me, and than the SMS messages start, and she was fuming !
I haven't spoke to her she's nuts and I'm out . At least it filled the void of time while I was here. And she was a lot of fun half the time ,but that's no good. I came here to find a good one ,not someone like this . I just finished it off by sending a SMS, since she won't answer my call wishing her the the best in the future.
I do expect next week to be more normal than this one. 
 Rob was making the best of his stay in Odessa. Went on a few dates,and was ready to head off with me to Dnepper.

So it was back to the 17 hour train that comes complete with 44 stops at every village one could imagine.  I have to say the slow speed it travels allows me to sleep quite fine,and having Rob with me makes the ride seem a fraction of the time it was when I did it alone.
 We arrive it's morning and I call the agency as we have a apartment booked, and are looking to get a shower.  The taxi driver is lost and very confused as to the address,yet were in the centre,and after 20 minutes were there !
 The "swank" flat was something you ask yourself, " A designers first kick at the cat ?" 
I was hoping to find some velvet ,but none was to be found !

I arrive at 5 stars and meet one of the girls working there, Katya  ;D
Shes a knockout ! But shes all business,and I was ready to start setting up dates of the girls I had asked to meet.
 Turns out Angelika network let's the girls pick their English ability, not the agency.  This can get annoying, as one girls English 3 for instance is hardly a level 3. Anyways most of the girls wanted a translator, and many weren't able to have a basic conversation even though they claimed to have level 3.
 So Katya went to work on finding some girls who could carry on a conversation in English. She came up with a bunch and I deleted the list down to about 6 or 7. From there Katya called them up and gave a brief description about me,and they all were interested in meeting me.
 I had met two and they went nowhere, thankfully it was mutual. However one was a bit rude with me ,yet after Kristina it was just something to laugh at !
 I suppose when she first walked into the agency office, that 3 second rule kicked in.
I wasn't interested at all in her, but thought were here let's see what may happen.
 Out on the street, she points and asks if this place will be good to eat at. :scared0005:  The parking lot has its fair share of luxury auto's, so I tell her no we'll go next door, I'm not buying you dinner. :evilgrin0002:
 In the other nice restuarant we have a seat in the lounge and she orders a juice.  I get a beer, and I can tell she's not in the mood for any of this. Our drinks arrive and I make the most of the situation, even though she was short with her answers. She asked me some things,and we make small talk. She downs the juice in a few minutes, and I ask if she'd like another.  She does ! Ohh goodie !
 Another juice comes and more useless chat about things, than I have only a gulp left in my beer, so I ask, " Would you like to go now?" 
 Da !!! was her reply and she guzzles the remaining juice down, gets up from the table ,and goes to the coat rack,all in about 10 seconds!  I remain seated ,finishing my beer,than get up and help her with her coat.
 We walk outside and approach the curb where her mini bus had just pulled up, she steps on without missing a beat,and never looks back.   :laugh:
"Your not even going to thank me for the two glasses of juice !" :chuckle:
 Never to be seen again. :party0011:

More dates coming next !

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 01:45:28 AM »
I get a beer, and I can tell she's not in the mood for any of this. Our drinks arrive and I make the most of the situation, even though she was short with her answers. She asked me some things,and we make small talk. She downs the juice in a few minutes, and I ask if she'd like another.  She does ! Ohh goodie !
 Another juice comes and more useless chat about things, than I have only a gulp left in my beer, so I ask, " Would you like to go now?" 
 Da !!! was her reply and she guzzles the remaining juice down, gets up from the table ,and goes to the coat rack,all in about 10 seconds!  I remain seated ,finishing my beer,than get up and help her with her coat.
 We walk outside and approach the curb where her mini bus had just pulled up, she steps on without missing a beat,and never looks back.   :laugh:
"Your not even going to thank me for the two glasses of juice !" :chuckle:
 Never to be seen again. :party0011:

More dates coming next !

This sounds a lot like my date in kharkov... For a whole week of it. Naturally she was "sick" most of the time.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 12:56:11 AM »
 Markje let's hope the girl you are returning to meet will be the one !

And with that.

My other dead end date went a slight bit better, however we both weren't having a connection,and although she spoke good English,she didn't have much to say and chose to sit and enjoy the salad. Whatever, if a late afternoon salad and drink is a highlight in your day ,than who am I to trash it.
 I than had a date with a girl I wouldn't of picked if it weren't for Katya at 5 stars.  At first I was leary of meeting a girl 14 years my junior,but Katya told me she's a very nice girl. So I thought why not, it beats sitting around the apartment and walking endlessly around the city for hours. During these walks I would drop in to a hotel and see what they had to offer.  Well it wasn't much, $ 60 a night, and I'd give it maybe one star.

But today was the day to meet Olga !  She was as nice as the agency had said, and it was nice to just head out and have some laughs,and not have to worry about her freaking out on melike Kristina! During our 4 + hour date I mentioned to Olga that I needed a place to rent, as the tacky place I was in wasn't worth the $80 they were trying to get from me. So she went to work getting some numbers for me to call.

I never really questioned how she was able to find these people ,but figured it may just be that she has met alot of guys and knew of the places they stayed.  Back at the apartment Robert and I were disscussing how our day went, I told him about Olga,and how nice it was to meet her. He was departing for Kiev soon than back home. So I needed to find a place soon, as the $80 a night was going to eat up my budget faster than I had wanted.
 The good thing about staying in Odessa and living with Guy was that the rent was about  $130 a month.
 Now I was using up more than that in two days,and after being in the country for 11 or 12 weeks, I had to keep a watch on where the money was going.
 Robert and I would head out and site see when we had nothing on the agenda,however living in a apartment isn't always without its problems.
 In the morning we both headed out and as soon as we were downstairs some lady starts in on us!  We didn't have a clue what she was going off on ,until we peiced it together that she thought we were bringing working girls up to the unit. We laughed it off, and assured her it wasn't us who had those loud girls last night !
  We killed a few hours and went to have some food, I asked Olga to meet me after we both ate,and it worked out good because her classes were finished at that time.  We met Olga outside and I said my goodbyes to Robert, and we both agreed to keep in contact. It was great having him with me for almost two weeks, it sure helped pass the isolation you can experience being here for so long. I'm happy to say we still remain in touch, and he recently got married to a girl, but not from the FSU.

5 stars was doing an excellent job,at setting up girls to meet. She asked if I wanted to meet another girl who was very serious,and spoke good English.  Her name was Katya .
She never came up in my original search from Odessa, as I had my height restriction of 170cm's,  Katya was 175. I had never dated a tall girl,but was willing to give it a go.

By this time I was getting my girls mixed up, during my lunch date in the middle of Katya's workday, I mention her being a doctor. Opps...... She gave that sly smile, and told me I must have her mixed up with some other girl. Uhh yeah, sorry.
 She was ok with it, and she offered up her email and telephone number during our drink and salad. Walking back near Karl Marx she said I can call her, and we'll meet again !
 At this time I was begining to wonder what if I had started looking in this city months ago,instead of wasting so many weeks sitting in Odessa.  I was thinking maybe my luck had changed after all !
In two days I have second dates with two girls,where as in Odessa it was hopeless.

Olga seemed happy to be out with me, and I wasn't finding anything to complain about with her, so all was good ! So we headed off in a taxi to go see one of the apartments. The view was nice, it overlooked the river and at night, and the bridge close by was lit in rainbow colors.
 But the place was in need of a total renovation,everything was old and I suppose for the $25 p/n I paid, I shouldn't of expected much else. But it was a change from the other joint, however while you had the view, I was awoken at 5 am by the traffic. It was horrible and I couldn't sleep there another night.

I was enjoying my time with Olga so much so, that I hadn't called Katya for that second date. Olga was asking how long I was going to be in Dnepropetrovsk, I told her it could be a day , a week or months,and it all depended on things went for me.
 I'm thankful I found little Olga,I was seeing her daily and even cancelled 2 other dates to spend time with her.
 She was also inquiring about how many other girls I was here to meet,she understands that she wasn't the only one.
  I did find it difficult telling her about these meetings , but she's cool with it and I told her I'd rather spend my time with her, and not them.
 She never thought I would call her back after the first meeting, and the SMS I sent her really made her feel good. I don't think many of these girls get completments very often, what would be considered "cheesy" in Canada isn't here . She showed my SMS to her friend and she too was equally impressed. I didn't think it was a "fromage" SMS at all, but Rob thought it was a bit of one. All I said was more or less "her smile and beautiful eyes can clear up any rainy day" . The weather's been bad here for almost a week, so it was kind of fitting.

Offline Raspberry

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 09:43:11 PM »
Wow! And I thought some strange things happened on MY trips!!

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 12:04:55 AM »
  Yeah Raspberry it has been interesting, at times I like to think I only experienced the tip of the iceburg.  :chuckle:

It was during this time in Dnepropetrovsk, that I seeked out another agency I had not heard of until my 3rd trip while staying in Zaporozhye for the second time.   Cindy Agency was to be the next agency I used, I had been warned by one guy in Zap. that they are not the most honest agency. So I figured I would just drop in to their office down on Karl Marx and see what happens.

In the very small office,were a group of girls,and one girl up front handling all the WM looking for love. I took a seat next to another guy, and he sparked up a conversation on how the search was going. I told him I had been at it since August,and it's now November....not good ! :chuckle:  But hell it was fun sometimes, little did I know this was going to be the start of some good camaraderie of my 22 weeks in Ukraine.
 While Jim and I were talking another chap came in, he was younger looking than both of us,and he took a seat on the otherside of the room. Again Jim didn't take long before he had the UK guy telling us of his life's love story. We were laughing and Richard seemed to have a similar outlook on it as I did, if it happens it happens, find some humour in it and keep going.
 Jim's date shows up,  and he's off but not before we exchange phone numbers,saying we'll meet up tomorrow. Richard is getting taken to his apartment ,and I ask if he has a UA phone, he doesn't and seem reluctant to getone, preferring to use his UK number. Though Jim and I told him to buy a SIM card he declined our advice and later regretted it with his $600 bill upon his return home.  :o

While I was going through the profiles, I had picked out a few,and the office would call the girls and see if they'll meet me. It was also during these couple of days that I met Henry, at first I thought he worked for Cindy Agency as he was speaking Russian to another interrupter who was with a client.  It's a very small office and they were talking half English half Russian.  She was saying how good his Russian was,and he played it down. Than I mentioned he should call my friend Guy in Odessa and work at his English school.

Henry than made some reference to his city and it turns out he's from Winnipeg !  It was hard to believe, all this distance and we live a few klicks away from each other. Larissa was enjoying her time with her client who I think hired her all day long for two weeks. She wished Henry luck with his search,and even though I said maybe two words to her she remembers me because I was wearing my McLenin's t-shirt.
Lenin's head under the golden arches on the front ,with the hammer and sickle along with some buildings burning on the back.  She did laugh when she saw it,as many McD's workers in UA do as well.
  I leave Henry with his phone number in my phone,and I'm thinking how I come to Dneper. to meet girls and wind up having a few guys numbers instead.
 I leave Cindy Agency and tel them I will drop in tomorrow to see what she has lined up. I meet up with Olga again,and we have a fun time,and for now after 19 weeks, I'm happy to just have a girl I can have some laughs with. We had gone to some Turkish places she was really into the water bong, she called it something else but I forget.
 I was without my traveling companion Robert,but with the other three guys I should be able to fill my daytime hours doing what we guys do to kill time between waking up and waiting until our date is off work and ready to meet us. For those who have yet to venture over there,the hours can be very long. No reading comprehension of simple street signs,or just being able to ask for directions anywhere and for the most part, no English TV to watch. So you tend to walk it off,and walk ,and walk. I had my routine down weeks prior. Rise from bed at 10am,get ready over the next 1.5 hours,hit the market for the days supplies,then go eat some lunch. Do some walking,maybe take in a market or visit  the internet cafe,and have a beer or two before heading home to get ready for the early evening date.  Yeah get ready for the date ,meanwhile I'm spotless,my hands haven't touches anything dirty in weeks. My clothes are always clean,and I'm basically bored,but like all good inmates you have a routine to get through the day.
Well so I have been told  :innocent:

The following day I met up with Jim and Rich,we have some food at McDonald's and swapped our FSU tales. Jim's was quite interesting,he was in Dnepper for the month and had previously been married to a girl from Dneper. Rich was on his first trip and at 25yo he had already been to Venezuela ,and wound up on some sex tour by mistake  :laugh: So  he thought he'd try to not repeat that and had been writting to some Cindy girls, Three of which he came to meet.
 They both seemed interested and somewhat amazed that I had lasted so long in Ukraine,I was sharing those same thoughts,and my breaking point was not far off.

When I returned to Cindy Agency,she had one date for me. One right out rejection,and i was happy to hear the employee saying your better off not meeting her.  Hmm, I took that as a good sign and that I could put alittle more trust in her,as now I could squeeze a bit on the girls personality before committing my time and a bit of cash on.
 My first date with Cindy Agency was with a girl a few years younger than me, who spoke good English. She's still on the website,and while we never worked out, I am sure she would make a fine girlfriend. We had our first date at some restaurant,it went very good and the hours past fairly quickly.  She had just gotten a new phone number as she had some men problems and had to change it. It was during this evening that she told me she had a guy stalking her,and it was an ongoing thing for the past two years.
 I was hoping he wouldn't get in the picture while we were out but hey, that would be too much to ask for.

Offline froid

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »
Wow.

Quite the adventure.

And my friends and family think "I" am going through a big complicated long adventure now.  I've had it easy!
Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. <-Same goes for forums!

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 06:03:23 PM »

Froid you very well may think that... I only hope it's true ! :chuckle:

So we have the girl who has her very own stalker  :(

A nice girl who really is never going to last,yet I enjoy hanging out with her  :(

Another girl who showed much interest,yet I have been unwilling to call her back ???

A few really unless dates,but have met some guys to pass our time with :duh:

Life with Rich makes me increase my drinking,and yet it seems normal. I'm starting to think 20 weeks in UA is too much ,and I better bail before I get fully assimilated.
 Days pass with Olga,and things are not progressing as they should if there was a interest. To me thats fine,but I was starting to see where I stood in our friendship. She was leaning towards dinners,and drinks,even wanting me to buy her some school book.
 At one point I told her were not going there,and yet she walked me right to the place !  I told her again ( feeling slightly used) that I'm not going there,and if you want to spend time with me ,than spend time with me,but it's not going to be all this bullshit.

I wasn't happy and it was at this point I thought why am I bothering,we not going to become anything, and with that she walked one way ,and I went the other. She didn't seem mad,maybe just a bit bewildered as to my behaviour.
 Following this I called up Katya,she told me she was ill. Great, the "I'm sick bit" ::) So I told her I will call again ,and wished for her to get better. A few days later Katya was still ill,but wanted to see me and so we met for the second time in a nice pub/resturant called the Reporter on Karl Marx. Spread over three floors it has a little bit to offer as a setting for any date.

During this date with her my phone rang,first thing I thought was, "shes going to think its another girl!"  I look at the number and don't reconise it. It's a UA number and shes looking at me like, " Are you going to get it?"   So I answer it and it's Susha, Olga's friend,and she was wondering if I was with her as she couldn't reach her on her phone. My reply went something like , " Umm,no.. no shes not with me... No I don't know where she is.... yes I will tell her you want to speak with her."

Katya now has this sly smile ,and asked if Susha has lost her friend.   I found it suprising Susha had my number, and maybe Olga was sitting beside her I really don't know. But the Kat was cool with it,and we continued our date.  Than another call comes in... Jim wants to know what I'm going to do tonight. I tell him I'm out with Katya,but will be game for something after the date. He's suprised my date was still going after a few hours. Hey,what can I say ?

Some minutes goes by and my phone rings again !  " Hi Richard, yeah I'll be up for something after my date." Was how it sorta went. Katya seems somewhat amused by all this ,after all a foreign man is in her country and he has the phone ringing on a regular basis.  While Katya and I were chatting away my phone rings again, it's Henry,and you guessed it he's looking for something to do now as well. I get off the phone and wonder why they don't call each other instead of using me as the 'go to' guy.

After the call was done,Katya tells me they must miss me,but I tell her they can wait. I hadn't seen her in almost a week,and I was really enjoying her style.  :smokin:

Our date wrapped up about 10pm and I walked her back to her place,telling her I was hoping to see her very soon. She felt the same.

In the four hours or so we were talking about many things, she was a very popular girl at the agency/s,and the SRM stories she had to tell ranged anywhere from the hilarious to the very depressing. I told her to write a book,and I still wish she and other popular girls would tell their tales on these forums.

I soon began calling back the guys, Henry was out as it was too late for him. Richard was all ready and Jim was restless. So we went to a pub and had some drinks. Jim bowed out early and Richard and I kept drinking, though I was at a moderate pace :))  Across the room was a table with two girls and two guys. Richard always willing to break into a scene ,managed to start up a conversation with one of them. Some guy who lived in Denepropetrovsk,who wanted to join us as his table was leaving.

So once again theres three guys and were having some laughs,when he decided it's best to leave and go elsewhere up the street to Reporter. Down in the basement there we were sitting at the gothic like table having some beer.  I'm alittle bored at this point and so I figure WTF , I'll call up crazy  Kristina !  ;D   Rich and the UA guy are loaded and yelling, but they were having a ball !  I  scroll through my phone and call up Kristina ,thinking she'd be up at 3:30am  ;D Rich was laughing at seeing this and couldn't believe I was going to call her. Kristina answers ,and I say "Hello" she goes . " Vat ! You crazi ! I sleep ! " And hangs up :):laugh:
 I was truely suprised she was sleeping,guess theres a first for everything !  About 4 ish we all call it a night,and taxi off in different directions.

As strange as it sounds things with Olga were fine,I guess both of us knew it wasn't going to happen,so just enjoy the time while it lasts.
One evening her friend and her Turkish boyfriend, who she met the night we were all at a local club, decided to head out for dinner. It was a low key place,and I figured things with the girl and her stalker should get ironed out before I get caught in the middle of something, I'll have no control over.
 So at this point I had Olga,and Katya. 

I spent a few evenings with,Olga ,Susha, and the Turk. It was all fine,and I never regreted it.
We even took in a few dinners together,the last dinner I had with them, was a memorable note, aside for the food poisoning. As we were getting ready to leave the fast food place one night, Olga and I got up and put our coats on. I pulled out a pack of gum ,and offered it to the three of them. Susha and her man still sitting declinded, and Olga accepted.

I wanted to see what the reaction may be from what I was about to do,and I suppose I was not going to worry about the outcome!  So I pulled a stick out and tossed it on the table...  " Don" !!! came from Susha with big eyes of disbelief :))  The Turk looked somewhat puzzled,and Olga I imagine wondered what was wrong with me. Ahh ,life in the west ! :))) So with my grin about to break wide open ,I ever so nicely picked it up from the table ,unwrapped it and placed it in her mouth. :))
  Minutes later we parted ways,and I'd call her the following day.  I call a maybe an hour later telling her I feel sick form the food. She says shes fine, and not to worry about it. Well I tossed my dinner moments later,and told her what happened , wondering if she was still fine.
  She was,and I wondered if I had a egg reaction. Next day I felt fine, and little Olga was not. She was really sick and I told her, it wasn't just me,that something we ate was a tad off.  She thought it was the mushrooms.
 By this point the fellas and I had somewhat of a routine during the day, we'd meet at McDon's on Karl Marx, have a bite. Than walk about  the shops,while we spoke about our previous nights date. Jim had been with one girl for almost 4 weeks,and he was getting tired of the routine that ran on a cronalogical like pace. He was spending a fair amount of the early evening date,one inturp,dinner for three and taxi fares home. It all seemed like he was going through the paces while there was no excitment from the way he told it to us.  While I had fairly normal dating situations,and Rich was having fun with one girl ,but we both told him to move on as she was not relly interested in him. Of course he never took our advice
 ( Typical damn newbie )   :GRRRR:

Jim and Rich had not been to 5 Stars agency,so I took Jim there one day. It's always good to go there and see the other Katya, man what a killer ! Jim tried to make his move ,but she told him it was company policy not to date the clients.  Well I guess thats a nice way to tell him :)) During our stop at 5 Stars, Jim and I start talking about girls and I ask Katya( 5 stars) about the stalker girl... opps wrong agency :(( I than tell her things with Katya and I are going good, but shes sick. I also mention Olga is sick too, she looks at me and I tell her it's the truth, there really sick !  Jim's laughing and I had a chuckle over it too, Katya (5 stars) just smiled with a 'whatever you say Don' look.

At this point I was dateless ,with both girls being sick Jim had a date with another girl and asked if Rich and I along with Rich's date would join them at a club that looked like a old style sailboat.  We agreed and it would be the first time Jim and I would meet the girl Rich has been talking about, why we both didn't know,but whatever.
 We all head off in a small station wagon taxi, theres no room in the seats for me ,so being the 5th wheel, I get tossed in the back near the hatch. Way too many minutes later we arrive, I tell them I'm not paying for this ride at all, and we all had a laugh.

The place was alright inside, Jim and I both wondered why Rich was with this girl, she made no attempt to talk to any of us,and she spoke no English. She wouldn't even speak to Jim's date who was very good with the English. Instead she just kept her back to us while taking in the atmosphere. After some time I looked at Jim and said I would dump the chick on the spot!  He agreed and we both couldn't believe she totally ignored us,and only turning to Rich when he finally had her drink.
 The night ended quite uneventfully, Jim and his date went in a taxi with me,and Rich and his anchor took off in another taxi.

The next day we met up again,and both of us gave Rich our opinions on her. I was being nice, Jim just said it as I would of wanted. Of course he down played it,and we both gave up shortly after. Jim was wanting to help him find a good girl,so much so that he called up a girl he had met before. She was willing to meet with us for a drink during the afternoon,Rich seemed ok with it,and when she entered the room I thought if Rich lands this girl ,he's doing damn good ! She was a good looking well spoken girl,in his age range,and yet he never tried ,even though she was open for any conversation with him. Jim kept tring to get him into the mood to carry on, but he for the first time we noticed was rather speechless.  Go figure. Her time was up, and she had to go, never to be seen again.

So it was back to walking and I mentioned I needed a pair of gloves,as it was now November and the highs were about 2-5c. So James takes me to a large open market,and we see a guy selling gloves. I try on a couple of pairs,and for some reason I ask Jim about how they should fit and warmth. He's from the sunbelt ! WTF does he know about winter ! :))  So now I'm all decked out, I have my new leather jacket,I got in Zaprozhye,and now my leather gloves,which BTW do a shitty job at keeping your fingers warm in the cold temps.

~~~~~~

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2008, 12:06:35 PM »
Quote from: Donhollio
Rich was on his first trip and at 25yo he had already been to Venezuela ,and wound up on some sex tour by mistake  :laugh:

How does a guy end up on a sex tour by mistake:ROFL:

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2008, 04:19:33 AM »
And I think I was adventurous!!! Good reading Don!
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2008, 09:10:01 AM »
 Thanks Markje  :) The gaps in posting is due to me trying to motivate myself and re write my story,instead of the weekly update I had done in the past. Sometimes it takes awhile, and getting most of the details in I usualy find I forgot some,so it's back to re editing it.

Manny,  that was one of the first things Jim and I laughed about in the agency office.   Rich may be somewhat naive but has a heart of gold,and that maybe his downfall. He had been writing to a girl and it seemed all on the ligit side, so he booked to go see her. But things started to reveal themselves shortly after his arrive !  :chuckle:
 All I learned is you better really read between the lines when signing up for tour  :laugh: 

Offline MrMann

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »
This is priceless!  8)

Offline Norwegian Viking

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 05:23:46 AM »
Quote from: Donhollio
Rich was on his first trip and at 25yo he had already been to Venezuela ,and wound up on some sex tour by mistake  :laugh:

How does a guy end up on a sex tour by mistake:ROFL:

The question is WHERE can a guy end up on a sex tour by mistake?  ;D

Offline Jinx

• Watched
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 11:03:36 PM »
 Donhollio,

Well I'm almost done with your T/R (how can it be only 3 pages and be so long?) and I'm enjoying it very much, I think I have 3 of the long posts left, but my comments so far.....

I can totally relate to your first meeting with Olya. I think a lot of guys get there, and we're exhausted, no sleep and brain a little fried. Add some stomach probs to the mix and Jack becomes a dull boy (no, not you Jack, don't start up on me  :chuckle:)

Same thing happened to me on my second trip to Moscow. I had a long layover and no sleep the entire flight. I made the mistake of coordinating my meeting with Olesya so that we arrived in Moscow at the same time. I felt like sh*t, was tired as hell and not to mention she and I were meeting for the second time, but this time NO TRANSLATOR!  :scared0005:

I didn't feel like myself, I couldn't joke around like I usually do and things didn't go well. A lesson for guys....give yourself some time to adjust to the time change and get some rest so you are fresh and ready to be charming!  :king:

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »
 Andres I can always get the link for ya  :innocent: 

Mr.Mann, glad your enjoying it as well. I have at times not enjoyed rewriting my trip report,and at one point I was going to just paste the original,but I agreed to add more details,and yet I look back and realise I forgot somethings :'(

But not to worry theres trip 4 coming up, and it was 10 weeks in duration.  And of course it had its moments :laugh:  Near death experience, healthcare,cops,girls,beer,meeting Smooth Operator,more beer,topless chicks daily with beer. It was a good summer  :)
 I hope you will all stay tuned.

Jinx, I was worried about the length of the posts,I was thinking they were too long,but I basically do it all in one seating,so it goes out as one. So far I'm at about 5 months in country,and really it's not as long as some where they write it all out minute by minute.
 I too have stresed to others in the past about getting jetlag,it can be a killer first impression. And if need be, sleep it off before you meet her for the first time.  I fought it for the 3 days Olya and I were on the beach.  Trust me you don't want the girl telling you " Your not the happy fun guy like you were on the phone ."
But I just log that into my jar of regrets in this pursuit.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2008, 05:11:18 AM »
Donny just got around to reading your ongoing TR and I have one question that nobody else has really asked.  How on earth can you afford at such a young age (if that picture is truly you and not just a picture you took of some poorly dressed American and his UA g/f) to spend so much time travelling?  Don't the women you date in UA tend to catch on to the fact that take multiple trips to Europe for weeks at a time?  Do they figure that you are some rich Canadian?   :laugh:
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 10:03:07 PM »
Donny just got around to reading your ongoing TR and I have one question that nobody else has really asked.  How on earth can you afford at such a young age (if that picture is truly you and not just a picture you took of some poorly dressed American and his UA g/f) to spend so much time travelling?  Don't the women you date in UA tend to catch on to the fact that take multiple trips to Europe for weeks at a time?  Do they figure that you are some rich Canadian?   :laugh:

Westy I have laid off you for a while. Why is it that nobody asked the question
that you asked?

Because it's a dumb assed question. Remember when they said the only
dumb question is the unasked question? well it's not true.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 10:20:02 PM »

Westy I have laid off you for a while. Why is it that nobody asked the question
that you asked?

Because it's a dumb assed question. Remember when they said the only
dumb question is the unasked question? well it's not true.

Bill always good to hear from you.  I seem to recall reading on different forums that if you were rich or financially well off it isn't a good idea to let on to the fact?  If a woman knows that you have just spent a month travelling around Europe before seeing her and that this is the second or third time that you have done this in the last 2 or 3 years, the woman just might come to the conclusion that you are rich or financially well off and might therefore want to marry you for less than honest motives.  Or are you saying that FSU women just aren't sophisticated enough to come to these type of conclusions?   
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

Offline BCKev

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 11:03:44 PM »
By hopping on a plane and crossing the big pond, you have already demonstrated that you are "rich or financially well off". The price of the plane ticket alone could easily be more than 6 month wages for many in Ukraine.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008, 11:41:11 PM »
By hopping on a plane and crossing the big pond, you have already demonstrated that you are "rich or financially well off". The price of the plane ticket alone could easily be more than 6 month wages for many in Ukraine.

Only partially true I think.  If Donny's women were all from some small town far from any of the larger cities in the FSU I might totally agree.  However, some women like Olga or Belle who have been to foreign countries (and I realize neither is from the Ukraine, I am merely using them as examples of FSU women who have a wider world view), even the USA, will have a more sophisticated view of what constitutes "rich or financially well off" in Europe and North America. 

My apologies for bringing this up Donny but I thought it raised an interesting point about how "rich or financially well off" should be discussed when talking with FSU women.  In my example even though there is no actual mention of money a smart woman could surmise "rich or financially well off" by the extent of your travel pre and post visit.

Registration