The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Donhollio's FSU Pursuit !  (Read 108123 times)

Offline WestCoast

Re: Donhollio's FSU Pursuit !
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2008, 05:11:18 AM »
Donny just got around to reading your ongoing TR and I have one question that nobody else has really asked.  How on earth can you afford at such a young age (if that picture is truly you and not just a picture you took of some poorly dressed American and his UA g/f) to spend so much time travelling?  Don't the women you date in UA tend to catch on to the fact that take multiple trips to Europe for weeks at a time?  Do they figure that you are some rich Canadian?   :laugh:
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 10:03:07 PM »
Donny just got around to reading your ongoing TR and I have one question that nobody else has really asked.  How on earth can you afford at such a young age (if that picture is truly you and not just a picture you took of some poorly dressed American and his UA g/f) to spend so much time travelling?  Don't the women you date in UA tend to catch on to the fact that take multiple trips to Europe for weeks at a time?  Do they figure that you are some rich Canadian?   :laugh:

Westy I have laid off you for a while. Why is it that nobody asked the question
that you asked?

Because it's a dumb assed question. Remember when they said the only
dumb question is the unasked question? well it's not true.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 10:20:02 PM »

that you asked?

Bill always good to hear from you.  I seem to recall reading on different forums that if you were rich or financially well off it isn't a good idea to let on to the fact?  If a woman knows that you have just spent a month travelling around Europe before seeing her and that this is the second or third time that you have done this in the last 2 or 3 years, the woman just might come to the conclusion that you are rich or financially well off and might therefore want to marry you for less than honest motives.  Or are you saying that FSU women just aren't sophisticated enough to come to these type of conclusions?   

Offline BCKev

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 11:03:44 PM »
By hopping on a plane and crossing the big pond, you have already demonstrated that you are "rich or financially well off". The price of the plane ticket alone could easily be more than 6 month wages for many in Ukraine.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008, 11:41:11 PM »
By hopping on a plane and crossing the big pond, you have already demonstrated that you are "rich or financially well off". The price of the plane ticket alone could easily be more than 6 month wages for many in Ukraine.

Only partially true I think.  If Donny's women were all from some small town far from any of the larger cities in the FSU I might totally agree.  However, some women like Olga or Belle who have been to foreign countries (and I realize neither is from the Ukraine, I am merely using them as examples of FSU women who have a wider world view), even the USA, will have a more sophisticated view of what constitutes "rich or financially well off" in Europe and North America. 

My apologies for bringing this up Donny but I thought it raised an interesting point about how "rich or financially well off" should be discussed when talking with FSU women.  In my example even though there is no actual mention of money a smart woman could surmise "rich or financially well off" by the extent of your travel pre and post visit.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2008, 05:49:06 AM »

My apologies for bringing this up Donny but I thought it raised an interesting point about how "rich or financially well off" should be discussed when talking with FSU women.  In my example even though there is no actual mention of money a smart woman could surmise "rich or financially well off" by the extent of your travel pre and post visit.

With the exception of a pensioner who is successful, all people I have seen with happy relationships are financially above average.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline froid

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2008, 07:19:40 AM »
How on earth can you afford at such a young age (if that picture is truly you and not just a picture you took of some poorly dressed American and his UA g/f) to spend so much time travelling?

Oh oh!  Pick me!  Pick me!  Can I answer this one!!??!

Don is from Winnipeg so except for spending money on snow removal and heat his cost of living is very reasonable compared to many other locations in North America.  Obviously he spends what he saves on his trips to warmer climates like Ukraine.  :)
Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. <-Same goes for forums!

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2008, 12:52:44 PM »

that you asked?

Bill always good to hear from you.  I seem to recall reading on different forums that if you were rich or financially well off it isn't a good idea to let on to the fact?  If a woman knows that you have just spent a month travelling around Europe before seeing her and that this is the second or third time that you have done this in the last 2 or 3 years, the woman just might come to the conclusion that you are rich or financially well off and might therefore want to marry you for less than honest motives.  Or are you saying that FSU women just aren't sophisticated enough to come to these type of conclusions?   

If you want to ask a question which is for the most part unrelated to his trip
report then you start a new thread instead of putting a hunk of drivel in the
middle of Dons trip report.

You might say something like "I was reading Dons trip report and the unrelated
random thought generator in my head wondered.........."

Then you could ask how people deal with anything from excess nose hair to
nipple rings without taking up a bunch of space in Donhollio's Epic thread.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2008, 03:45:27 PM »
Froid , next time raise your hand before blurting out the answer :P

It's alright Bill,I think Wetcoast does bring up an interesting question,and one that has been asked by a few UA supergirls.
Olya wondered, Anna wanted to know,Ira didn't care as long as I was there,and Katya wanted to know where the money came from. I told from the ATM where else ?  :innocent:
 For the most part Mr.Froid is correct, Winnerpeg is the most affordable city in Canada for a population over 600 000. I got in well before the housing price boom , even with the mortgage it was lower than the cost of the monthly vehicle payment.
 Now I'm 40yo and free........... ::)
I have told others that I make enough to afford my current lifestyle. I don't think they believed me that I was really poor,and as BC Kev had mentioned if your there you are capable of managing your finances, at least one would hope.
 And yes I am that poorly dressed dude,I have tried to pack properly but even that trip I had no jacket,just a long sleeve t-shirt in October.

Bill an Epic TR ? Wow! you really know how to put the pressure on ! I have been trying to get the next  installment out,but just haven't been in the mood lately.

Offline BCARTR

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »
Wow Donhollio, I am ready for more!

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2009, 04:35:31 PM »
I have been trying to get the next  installment out,but just haven't been in the mood lately.

C'mon man, don't hang about. We want to read it!
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »
Froid , next time raise your hand before blurting out the answer :P

Bill an Epic TR ? Wow! you really know how to put the pressure on ! I have been trying to get the next  installment out,but just haven't been in the mood lately.

I was hoping to read another chapter before I get too old. 
You're like the cook that feeds his guests four hours late, by
that time they eat they will rave about how tasty the fried
cardboard and boiled shoe leather (English delicacies) are.

;D

Offline froid

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 06:41:10 PM »
Cmon Don!  Come to Toronto and visit and I'll take you out for hotwings and beer.  Then you can tell me the story and I'll just tape it for everyone else. 
Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. <-Same goes for forums!

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 06:51:41 PM »
 Sorry for the delay guys,I didn't really think I'd be getting requests for another installment,as this has been spread out over a few seasons.
 Shortly after my last post I was in a downer of a mood, all things FSU were dead in the water,I wasn't up to spending 2-3 hours typing another segment. But I have moved from down back to being my usual little jackass of a self 
 However I have some problems with my wrist and it has kept me from holding the mouse. So I have had to learn to use the left hand, and it is going ok.  Infact switching hands during my self gratification exercises  :innocent: ... has made it feel like a someone else is at the helm !  :party0031:

Froid be careful what you wish for... you buying ?  :)

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2009, 06:34:00 AM »
Sorry for the delay guys,I didn't really think I'd be getting requests for another installment,as this has been spread out over a few seasons.
 Shortly after my last post I was in a downer of a mood, all things FSU were dead in the water,I wasn't up to spending 2-3 hours typing another segment. But I have moved from down back to being my usual little jackass of a self 
 However I have some problems with my wrist and it has kept me from holding the mouse. So I have had to learn to use the left hand, and it is going ok.  Infact switching hands during my self gratification exercises  :innocent: ... has made it feel like a someone else is at the helm !  :party0031:

Froid be careful what you wish for... you buying ?  :)

Froid will not be able to afford it, he has a wife arriving.  :chuckle:

I will buy for both of you, some one has to make sure you both make it back home safely.  :innocent:

Registration