The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: K-1 went to cr@p and he wants to send her packing is there any way she can stay?  (Read 4280 times)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
Knowing Bill now for years I will always give him the benefit of the doubt.  A review of facts: NO ONE has suggested filing FALSE or FRAUDULENT abuse claims and that idea is a jumping to conclusions - however EMOTIONAL abuse is a long accepted form of DV and the most important thing as Andrew suggested is for her to get competent and experienced legal immigration counsel with those intimately familiar with the Violence Against Women's Act - if she wants to truly stay this is likely her best option save for Shakes sage advise to network for new business and social contacts to find her next visa sponsor...  A "battered women's" type group also has a network of extensive resources they can bring to bear in her physical, legal, emotional, health/medical and monetary support.

If emotional abuse is a crime of DV then why aren't hundreds of thousands if not millions of American women in jail or prison for committing this awful act??  I cannot tell you how many times I have witnessed a shrill abusive woman brow beat and emotionally abuse her husband in public because he just does not measure up for her in the financial department or some other "issue" with these type of women.  I have also witnessed countless "mothers" be very verbally abusive with their little boys, while little susan who was all sugar and spice and everything nice could do no wrong.  One little boy was trying to get away from his monster of a mother who was abusing him at a department store on a busy weekend.  It was so bad that I seriously considered calling the police but because she did not actually physically beat the poor boy I knew they would not do anything.  She just made the poor little boy cry and it was obvious that he wanted to be with a different "parent" than her.

Use your smartphone video camera and record the episode and then post it anonymously with a dire headline on YouTube and where the incident occurs and see how long before child protective services visits the TCCFM mother.  Abusive crap our parents generation got away with is not tolerated today.  Conversely if you behave like a jerk in public it will likely wind up on youtube.

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
Knowing Bill now for years I will always give him the benefit of the doubt.  A review of facts: NO ONE has suggested filing FALSE or FRAUDULENT abuse claims and that idea is a jumping to conclusions - however EMOTIONAL abuse is a long accepted form of DV and the most important thing as Andrew suggested is for her to get competent and experienced legal immigration counsel with those intimately familiar with the Violence Against Women's Act - if she wants to truly stay this is likely her best option save for Shakes sage advise to network for new business and social contacts to find her next visa sponsor...  A "battered women's" type group also has a network of extensive resources they can bring to bear in her physical, legal, emotional, health/medical and monetary support.

If emotional abuse is a crime of DV then why aren't hundreds of thousands if not millions of American women in jail or prison for committing this awful act??  I cannot tell you how many times I have witnessed a shrill abusive woman brow beat and emotionally abuse her husband in public because he just does not measure up for her in the financial department or some other "issue" with these type of women.  I have also witnessed countless "mothers" be very verbally abusive with their little boys, while little susan who was all sugar and spice and everything nice could do no wrong.  One little boy was trying to get away from his monster of a mother who was abusing him at a department store on a busy weekend.  It was so bad that I seriously considered calling the police but because she did not actually physically beat the poor boy I knew they would not do anything.  She just made the poor little boy cry and it was obvious that he wanted to be with a different "parent" than her.

Use your smartphone video camera and record the episode and then post it anonymously with a dire headline on YouTube and where the incident occurs and see how long before child protective services visits the TCCFM mother.  Abusive crap our parents generation got away with is not tolerated today.  Conversely if you behave like a jerk in public it will likely wind up on youtube.

Good strategy and I agree with you 100%.  At the time I did not even own a cell phone much less a smart phone but I have since entered into the tech age!!
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Back in the USSR (FSU)
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »
She didn't want me to elaborate which is why I didn't.
She is back in the FSU and appears that she will be able
to get her job back.

Thank you for all the responses.

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls