The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My Next Adventure in Ukraine!  (Read 155742 times)

Offline BCKev

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: My Next Adventure in Ukraine!
« Reply #700 on: March 28, 2013, 03:03:36 PM »
Congratulations on your anniversary Chris  :party0011:

BcKev

Hey Kev how's things with you guys? thanks too  :thumbsup:

All's good Chris. We'll be hitting that five year mark in a few weeks. The girls are all busy with life, and we're getting closer all the time.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #701 on: March 28, 2013, 04:28:33 PM »
Congratulations Chris! Hope you have many more years of happiness.

Lee

Offline tonton

• RIP
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #702 on: March 28, 2013, 10:31:59 PM »
Congrats Chris and family!! Time definitely does fly--we had our 6th earlier this year.

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #703 on: March 29, 2013, 01:31:34 AM »
Well we reached our Fifth year milestone today, five years married and all is going well.  We both cannot believe how quickly those years have gone for both of us

Time flies when you are having fun.

Many congratulations to you both.  :king:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #704 on: March 29, 2013, 02:41:42 AM »
Congratulations on your anniversary Chris  :party0011:

BcKev

Hey Kev how's things with you guys? thanks too  :thumbsup:

All's good Chris. We'll be hitting that five year mark in a few weeks. The girls are all busy with life, and we're getting closer all the time.

Same here, good news Kev, and congratulations for your 5th coming soon.
Слава Україні

Offline Chris

« Reply #705 on: March 29, 2013, 02:45:42 AM »
Congratulations Chris! Hope you have many more years of happiness.

Lee

Thankyou Lee  tiphat
Слава Україні

Offline Chris

« Reply #706 on: March 29, 2013, 02:47:06 AM »
Congrats Chris and family!! Time definitely does fly--we had our 6th earlier this year.

Cheers mate, congratulations on your 6th, not sure if we can make the next meet up yet (April) but have a great trip anyway  :thumbsup:
Слава Україні

Offline Chris

« Reply #707 on: March 29, 2013, 02:47:39 AM »
Well we reached our Fifth year milestone today, five years married and all is going well.  We both cannot believe how quickly those years have gone for both of us

Time flies when you are having fun.

Many congratulations to you both.  :king:

Thanks Stuart, say hello to Olya from us both.
Слава Україні

Offline Chris

« Reply #708 on: March 29, 2013, 02:49:17 AM »
Thanks everyone for your congratulations, its very welcome, we have had a great 5+ years.  Ira doesn't post here but she reads sometimes and says thank you also to you all.
Слава Україні

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #709 on: March 29, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
Congrats to you and your Ira from me and my Ira!   tiphat

Offline Chris

« Reply #710 on: March 29, 2013, 02:11:16 PM »
Congrats to you and your Ira from me and my Ira!   tiphat

Thanks to you and your Ira from me and my Ira  ;D
Слава Україні

Offline Chris

« Reply #711 on: February 04, 2016, 06:58:44 AM »
Well I've been in the Carpathian Mountains (Yaremche and Bukovil)  the last few days, the weather has been incredible for this time of year, quite warm, very still with no wind and just the smell of wood smoke in the air, beautiful!  Also found a great new hotel in the Yaremche area that I would recommend with a fantastic restaurant.

One thing that has really surprised me this trip, the quality of service in the restaurants both here and in Chernivtsi has improved tremendously.The food in many of the restaurants has always been pretty good (we only tend to use good ones though) but the service has in the past been the usual FSU, take it or leave it, but so far this trip the service has been exceptional and on par with anything in the West. Let's hope they keep it up.

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

ila_rendered
Слава Україні

Offline Manny

« Reply #712 on: February 04, 2016, 11:16:58 AM »
One thing that has really surprised me this trip, the quality of service in the restaurants both here and in Chernivtsi has improved tremendously.

We found the odd place in Russia last time that really shined. It turned out, each time, that the owners had been to the US and experienced restaurants there. They went back home and imported some ideas about service with them. It might be the same where you went in Ukraine. Good service doesn't just appear from nowhere in the FSU, somebody taught them or they saw it somewhere else and got hit with the clue bat.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Chris

« Reply #713 on: February 04, 2016, 11:32:20 AM »
One thing that has really surprised me this trip, the quality of service in the restaurants both here and in Chernivtsi has improved tremendously.

We found the odd place in Russia last time that really shined. It turned out, each time, that the owners had been to the US and experienced restaurants there. They went back home and imported some ideas about service with them. It might be the same where you went in Ukraine. Good service doesn't just appear from nowhere in the FSU, somebody taught them or they saw it somewhere else and got hit with the clue bat.

Well, wherever the idea of giving good CS came from, it is most welcome  :)
Слава Україні

Offline Babuli

• Spouses Country: Indian
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #714 on: September 12, 2016, 10:40:42 AM »
Hi there,
Thanks for sharing your experiences
Indeed a lovely one

Offline Chris

« Reply #715 on: September 12, 2016, 11:29:13 AM »
Hi there,
Thanks for sharing your experiences
Indeed a lovely one

A bit out of the blue, but thanks anyway  :)
Слава Україні

Offline Wiz

« Reply #716 on: June 07, 2017, 09:16:02 AM »
Can't resist my friend Chris

to say thank you for the excellent long post which I read again today and brought me back many good memories.!

I hope and wish that everything is fine with you in your new home.

Regards
Yannis
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Chris

« Reply #717 on: June 09, 2017, 08:34:04 AM »
Can't resist my friend Chris

to say thank you for the excellent long post which I read again today and brought me back many good memories.!

I hope and wish that everything is fine with you in your new home.

Regards
Yannis

All good with us thanks Yannis, in our 10th year of marriage now and things are great, doesn't time fly!.. New house is fantastic, still doing jobs mainly gardens, patio's sheds, greenhouses, BBQ areas that sort of thing now though. We have some of the inlaws coming over from Ukraine in a few weeks time, first time they have managed it in 10 years, makes a change from us going there all the time, so going to be showing them round the UK for a couple of weeks.

Hope things are good with you and Hannah.

Take care.
Chris
Слава Україні

Offline Wiz

« Reply #718 on: June 09, 2017, 04:25:26 PM »
All good with us thanks Yannis, in our 10th year of marriage now and things are great, doesn't time fly!.. New house is fantastic, still doing jobs mainly gardens, patio's sheds, greenhouses, BBQ areas that sort of thing now though. We have some of the inlaws coming over from Ukraine in a few weeks time, first time they have managed it in 10 years, makes a change from us going there all the time, so going to be showing them round the UK for a couple of weeks.

Hope things are good with you and Hannah.

Take care.
Chris

Not many changes here Chris apart from Hanna now working for the state. Baboushka has visited us twice but this year she is claining that she is old to travel........which make life difficult for Hanna, despite the daily Skype connection.

BTW we both got married 9 years ago and our anniversary is next week on the 14 and still not arranged anything due to her work schedule. She has 4 days Off and I am looking for somewhere to go.......... ???

All the best to you both.....

Regards
Yannis
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Trips: 10-20
Congratulations
« Reply #719 on: June 10, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »
Sounds like Chris and Yannis are in order for some congratulations.

Congratulations to you both.

Wayne

Offline Chris

« Reply #720 on: April 01, 2019, 10:06:58 AM »
Just a little update, it's been so long!  we celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary last week, our daughter who many of you have met, who was nearly 8 years old when she came to the UK, is now nearly 19 and about to finish her first year at University. I am semi retired now (allegedly)  but business and property interests still taking up a lot of my time, hope that will change this year,  however, not so much that it prevents us from travelling at will! which we do 5 / 6 times a year, so what started out as a bit speculative 12+ years ago has turned out into one of the best moves of my life.

Good to see there are still plenty of others around doing well and enjoying long marriages.  tiphat
Слава Україні

Offline MBS01

« Reply #721 on: April 01, 2019, 11:07:37 AM »
Great to hear that others are doing well here too.  Like you we are at the 15+1/2 year mark so glad there are others like us here who have done this adventure and continue with it daily.  All the best to you and yours.

Offline Chris

« Reply #722 on: April 01, 2019, 11:12:49 AM »
Great to hear that others are doing well here too.  Like you we are at the 15+1/2 year mark so glad there are others like us here who have done this adventure and continue with it daily.  All the best to you and yours.

Thank you 15+ years is a great achievment, take care!
Слава Україні

Offline Wiz

« Reply #723 on: April 01, 2019, 04:32:42 PM »
Just a little update, it's been so long!  we celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary last week, our daughter who many of you have met, who was nearly 8 years old when she came to the UK, is now nearly 19 and about to finish her first year at University. I am semi retired now (allegedly)  but business and property interests still taking up a lot of my time, hope that will change this year,  however, not so much that it prevents us from travelling at will! which we do 5 / 6 times a year, so what started out as a bit speculative 12+ years ago has turned out into one of the best moves of my life.

Good to see there are still plenty of others around doing well and enjoying long marriages.  tiphat

Congratulations are in order........to both of you plus also to the daughter! :thumbsup:

Ours is on 14 June and due to her work commitments.... she will get an early celebration on the 21 April for 10 days tour to Corfu and my home town at NW of Greece.

Next August she will visit mama, Rodina, Our flat and family......... baboushka still refuse to travel  :(

Having stopped smoking for 7 months now..... I save a lot of money  but travelling to Corfu again in July......for a wedding.......I will have to wait for October November to travel again in Spain....or Menorca.

Well my old body needs some winter sunshine......!

:)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #724 on: April 01, 2019, 08:59:07 PM »

Congratulations, to you all on your respective achievements

My step-son made it to Oxford, got a good degree and job and his UK Citizenship and is marrying a Japanese lass

V and I were married nearly 12 years - but 'forgot' to live together nearly 7 of those .. So respect !

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration