The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My Next Adventure in Ukraine!  (Read 156302 times)

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
My Next Adventure in Ukraine!
« on: September 30, 2007, 07:50:35 AM »
Well guys I am off on my latest adventure next week to Ukraine. I am meeting my lady in Kiev where we shall spend four days (and I am also meeting a couple of guys from RMP and their GF's next Sunday in Kiev - more here) then my lady has got us flight tickets to fly down to her city Chernivsti in Western Ukraine on the Monday where she has also got an apartment booked for the two of us. Sounds like a good one too, the block has its own swimming pool, that'll be a first

I am hoping this one will be 'THE' one, I have said that before, but this time it feels so much better than anytime before. When guys have said in the past you will know when you find the 'right' one it is sometimes hard to understand what they mean, I thought myself I wonder if I will ever feel that, but I think I know what they mean now, this time it does just feel so right! and is a million times better than when I have gone over to the FSU before, this time I really feel I have something solid to go for. Time will tell of course, but as I have said recently, if this one isn't 'the' one, I am going to become celibate and join a monastary, because I really feel it would be hard to find someone better suited to me than this lady.

So if anyone is in Kiev next Sunday 7th October and they feel like meeting up with us and the other guys and their GF's, give me a shout.

Chris
Слава Україні

Offline bobjf

Re: My Next Adventure in Ukraine!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 08:51:49 PM »
hey chris
wish you luck mate
beleive us you will know
cheers
it takes two willing givers to make two happy receivers
result happy couple most of the time lol

Coding Wizard

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 10:25:16 PM »
Good luck, bud, but, if I may ask, have you kept an eye out for local women as well? To keep your options open? I'm asking, so I can compare what I do with others, to give me a better perspective.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 01:16:59 AM »
Good luck chris, have fun in Kiev.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Chris

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 02:49:45 AM »
Thanks guys, your good wishes are appreciated  :)
Слава Україні

Offline Chris

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 02:52:44 AM »
Good luck, bud, but, if I may ask, have you kept an eye out for local women as well? To keep your options open? I'm asking, so I can compare what I do with others, to give me a better perspective.

CW - NO, this is the first time I am not taking a Plan 'B' I have so much faith in this one being the right one, it hasn't even crossed my mind to do so.  However, I have friends over there so if a Plan 'B' was required I could always come up with one no problem. But I sincerely hope it will not be required this time.
Слава Україні

Offline Jinx

• Watched
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 05:48:40 PM »
 Hey Chris,

Just wanted to wish you good luck, it sounds like this could be good...but....be careful, I have been excited before and felt like crap when it all came crashing down. I hate to put negative thoughts in your head, but you should just be cautious, which is hard to do in these situations because it involves your heart, but it's neccessary.

I don't know the history of your relationship with this woman, but being that you have some experience behind you , I'm betting you know what you're doing now, and everything will work out for the best. Enjoy Kiev! The weather is still good now, who knows maybe you'll even witness another "Orange Revolution"  The political climate is charged right now, could be exciting time to visit. Again, Good Luck!  ;)

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 06:34:14 PM »
"Chris,"

I hope you find what you're looking for on your trip. I look forward to reading your TR if you decide to share some of your experiences.

Best wishes,
ECR844

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 08:50:18 PM »
Chris,
Our best wishes go with you. Take care, be safe and above all enjoy!

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline DonA

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 01:56:16 AM »
Chris,

All the Best my Friend

the block has its own swimming pool, that'll be a first

Dude you better bring a chemical tester with you and use it before you jump in the toilet er I mean pool. I'll bet the Ammonia levels are through the roof  :chuckle:

DonAz

Offline Chris

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 02:41:57 AM »
Thanks everyone for your good wishes , yes Jinx I have been over there a number of times before, had dissappointments for sure, but also had some great adventures and experiences and met some fantastic people, most of whom I still remains friends with so whatever happens this time, it will looked upon as being another adventure on the long road to eventual success.

Слава Україні

Offline Chris

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 02:44:11 AM »
Chris,

All the Best my Friend

the block has its own swimming pool, that'll be a first

Dude you better bring a chemical tester with you and use it before you jump in the toilet er I mean pool. I'll bet the Ammonia levels are through the roof  :chuckle:

DonAz

LOL....Good point Don, yes a ph tester better be on my shopping list before I go  ;D having said that she never told me if it was indoors or outdoors, so if outside it is probably going to be too cold over there now  :)

Слава Україні

Offline DonA

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 02:46:52 AM »
Well if it is frozen you can always iceskate. Did you ever skate on yellow ice  :chuckle:  :happy0023:

Offline Chris

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 02:49:16 AM »
Well if it is frozen you can always iceskate. Did you ever skate on yellow ice  :chuckle:  :happy0023:

Actually last time I was in Ukraine I was taken ice skating by a lady to a private ice rink no less, the first time in over 25 years I had ice skated. I will see if I can find my pictures sometime.

I don't mind skating on yellow ice, as long as it is thick enough not to give way  :sick0012:
Слава Україні

Offline DonA

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 02:50:52 AM »
I don't mind skating on yellow ice, as long as it is thick enough not to give way 

THat's ok as long as you don't fall on your face and lick the ice hehehe  :chuckle:

Offline Chris

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 02:51:55 AM »
I don't mind skating on yellow ice, as long as it is thick enough not to give way 

THat's ok as long as you don't fall on your face and lick the ice hehehe  :chuckle:

:sick0012:  :sick0002:  :rolleye0009: don't even want to think about that  :censored:
Слава Україні

Offline ForgeMaster

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 09:16:59 AM »

Chris,
  Have a great trip.  This is a good time of year to go.  I hope you find your dream...

FM
ForgeMaster
FirstMember

Offline Chris

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 09:19:16 AM »
Chris,
  Have a great trip.  This is a good time of year to go.  I hope you find your dream...

FM

Thanks FM, yes I have been this time of year before and it was a nice time to be over there.
Слава Україні

Offline PlumberMan

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 04:35:36 PM »
Hey Chris, little late comming in here to wish you you a great trip and all the luck in the world with you and your lady. As you know, I moderate the Trash section and lately it's been hell, so not much time reading the rest of the forum :sick0002:

Offline Chris

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 02:14:46 AM »
Thanks PB, yes the Trash section has been pretty busy lately  :laugh:
Слава Україні

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 04:20:25 AM »
Thanks PB, yes the Trash section has been pretty busy lately :laugh:

The battle of Waterloo has finished, the Russian accord of peace has been signed and sealed ...... but Don Quixote continues his fight with the windmills  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anybody has seen where is his Sanzo?  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Chris

Have a good time in Kiev and in Cherv...whatever is the name of the place in western UA you going.

I think the place you are staying with the swimming pool has been developed by Turkish money and have seen pictures last year in Kiev!

Have a good time and huge success!
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 04:57:57 AM »
Our good wishes also Chris, I hope it works out, we need more FSUW in the North West.  :)
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Chris

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 06:12:59 AM »

Chris

Have a good time in Kiev and in Cherv...whatever is the name of the place in western UA you going.

I think the place you are staying with the swimming pool has been developed by Turkish money and have seen pictures last year in Kiev!

Have a good time and huge success!

Thanks Wiz, not sure about the Turks but I will be soon  :-X
Слава Україні

Offline Chris

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 06:15:18 AM »
Our good wishes also Chris, I hope it works out, we need more FSUW in the North West.  :)

Thanks Stuart, I will certainly doing my best and my little bit to increase FSUW in the North West, heres hoping this time it is the right one.   :)

Слава Україні

Offline Chris

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 07:14:28 AM »
Well guys, just got back from Ukraine late last night had a fantastic time in Kiev and Chernivsti mainly, but also visited Khotyn and Kamyanets Podilskuy, and will get round to posting some news sometime soon, suffice to say, this trip was my best ever, mainly because I spent the whole time with one amazing and wonderful lady and her family and I am going back for Christmas and New Year, I will be booking flights in a week or two ;) early plans are for her to come here sometime next summer after her daughter finishes her school year. I hope to report more when I have time. :) but things are fantastic just now.

Chris
Слава Україні

Registration