The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: TV show  (Read 5606 times)

Offline developmentcasting

• Spouses Country: US
  • Trips: None Yet
TV show
« on: May 27, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »
TV company looking for matchmakers who pair Americans with foreign brides.  We are legitimate.
Please email developmentcasting@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Offline NAB

Re: TV show
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »
And you use a hotmail address?

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
Hello Developmentcasting and welcome to the forum. :)

Your call is a bit nebulous. 'development casting' is a fairly generic term within the industry. I'll leave your post up for now but I suggest you post the 5 Ws and give the commercial members a bit more to work with so they can make an informed opinion as to whether or not to contact you.

Why are you looking for matchmakers (purpose, casting, consulting, etc.)?

What is the purpose of your call (IE. Talk show, series, documentary etc.)?

When is this show/development/project taking place?

Who are you (your company name if you don't mind)?

Where is this production taking place?

and 'How' are you planning on utilizing commercial members that might respond to you (correspondence, personal meetings, etc.)?

Thanks

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 11:08:48 AM »
And you use a hotmail address?

:ROFL: tiphat :ROFL: tiphat :ROFL:

:coffeeread:

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 11:10:33 AM »
TV company looking for matchmakers who pair Americans with foreign brides.  We are legitimate.
Thanks!

How very professional!

Hotmail addy, poorly worded, put them in the SPAM list!
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline JeanClaude

• Spouses Country: Several girls, not all at the same time
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 11:12:24 AM »

How very professional!

Its for working class
a day not trolled is a day not lived

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 11:13:31 AM »
Thanks!

I find it a bit odd you are not using your Company domain email address, a personal one or the info@ one  as advertised on your website would have been the norm  ??? using a hotmail one makes it seem you have something to hide  :)
Слава Україні

Offline el_guero

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 11:20:01 AM »
I laugh at the Hotmail address.  It is just as easy to set up a fake company as it is a fake Hotmail address. 

However, I expect his real name, and the name of his company.

That is the very least for an honest company wanting to find honest people to interview.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 11:25:38 AM »
Maybe he didn't want spamming so used a disposable one?

I spoke to a chap on the phone today who was from a TV company; I expect this is he. I referred him here in the first instance. Although trying to hoof people onto an email address I suspect will be less productive than asking some stuff here as Brass suggested.

Also, expected slant at the subject matter people may wish to know about before they become involved.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline el_guero

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 11:29:40 AM »
Manny,

Mike is probably semi-legit .... but, at least he usually gives his first name even if he is a little creepy - IMHO.

PS - he has used this email for over a year, so it is probably not 'disposable.'

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »

I spoke to a chap on the phone today who was from a TV company; I expect this is he. I referred him here in the first instance. Although trying to hoof people onto an email address I suspect will be less productive than asking some stuff here as Brass suggested.

Also, expected slant at the subject matter people may wish to know about before they become involved.

Further; DC, it's important to understand RUA is not an on line trade mag. Commercial members and regular members alike are inherently suspicious of these type of solicitations. We have several members who've taken part in shows/documentaries/projects in the past that have not turned out well.

Are you a PA?

More info will be needed. :)

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »

Fair enough but the way the message is written is so bad....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Chris

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 02:33:18 PM »

Fair enough but the way the message is written is so bad....

I agree, my 10year old with English as a third language would have phrased it better  (:)
Слава Україні

Offline JeanClaude

• Spouses Country: Several girls, not all at the same time
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 02:55:51 PM »
the smaller the waller, the bigger the mouth
a day not trolled is a day not lived

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 03:02:14 PM »
The post is written like a call for cast/crew as you would see in the classifieds. That's why I've explained to DC, if he is interested in getting some response here at RUA, he'll have to offer a bit more info.

However, he's posted his message and may not provide any more info (he may not feel the need to) as these types of calls usually illicit plenty of returns anyway. In otherwords, here's the email addy respond and we'll let you know if we feel you fit the bill - like most production calls.

Brass

Offline Chris

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 03:05:52 PM »

However, he's posted his message and may not provide any more info (he may not feel the need to) as these types of calls usually illicit plenty of returns anyway. In otherwords, here's the email addy respond and we'll let you know if we feel you fit the bill - like most production calls.

Brass

and like most of the other similar offers they have touted around the net for the last, at least 18 months using that email addy anyway.

Слава Україні

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 03:11:42 PM »
and like most of the other similar offers they have touted around the net for the last, at least 18 months using that email addy anyway.

Yup. :)

Brass

Offline developmentcasting

• Spouses Country: US
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »
Hi there, below is some more info.  Please remember we are only looking for people/companies that "matchmake" US clients to foreign brides/husbands, in some sort of hands-on fashion (i.e. not just a dating website) - ideally someone who travels and accompanies clients as part of the matching process.  In response to the questions posted:

"Why are you looking for matchmakers (purpose, casting, consulting, etc.)?"
Casting.  If you are that person or can point us to that person we'd love to hear from you.

"What is the purpose of your call (IE. Talk show, series, documentary etc.)?"
Our company produces reality & docu programming for broadcast and cable networks in the US.  We are looking to develop a reality/dating series that follows an overseas matchmaking expert.

"When is this show/development/project taking place?"
We are currently searching for said expert.

"Who are you (your company name if you don't mind)?"
Our executives have asked that we researchers omit our company name on public forums such as this.  However if you are interested to get in touch we will be happy to explain more over the phone.

"Where is this production taking place?"
We would like to shoot both in the US and in the foreign countries where the brides/husbands are coming from.

"and 'How' are you planning on utilizing commercial members that might respond to you (correspondence, personal meetings, etc.)?"
Please email us [ developmentcasting@hotmail.com ] with some basic info about yourself - and a link to your website if you have one - and we will get in touch if there is interest, by phone or by email.  If there are any video links of you (short interviews, etc) please include those as well.

Thanks!!
If for some reason you'd rather not email our hotmail account, feel free to post any leads (i.e. your website) on this forum chain and I will check back occasionally.

Mike

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 12:23:50 PM »
Hi there, below is some more info.  Please remember we are only looking for people/companies that "matchmake" US clients to foreign brides/husbands, in some sort of hands-on fashion (i.e. not just a dating website) - ideally someone who travels and accompanies clients as part of the matching process.  In response to the questions posted:

"Why are you looking for matchmakers (purpose, casting, consulting, etc.)?"
Casting.  If you are that person or can point us to that person we'd love to hear from you.

"What is the purpose of your call (IE. Talk show, series, documentary etc.)?"
Our company produces reality & docu programming for broadcast and cable networks in the US.  We are looking to develop a reality/dating series that follows an overseas matchmaking expert.

"When is this show/development/project taking place?"
We are currently searching for said expert.

"Who are you (your company name if you don't mind)?"
Our executives have asked that we researchers omit our company name on public forums such as this.  However if you are interested to get in touch we will be happy to explain more over the phone.

"Where is this production taking place?"
We would like to shoot both in the US and in the foreign countries where the brides/husbands are coming from.

"and 'How' are you planning on utilizing commercial members that might respond to you (correspondence, personal meetings, etc.)?"
Please email us [ developmentcasting@hotmail.com ] with some basic info about yourself - and a link to your website if you have one - and we will get in touch if there is interest, by phone or by email.  If there are any video links of you (short interviews, etc) please include those as well.

Thanks!!
If for some reason you'd rather not email our hotmail account, feel free to post any leads (i.e. your website) on this forum chain and I will check back occasionally.

Mike

Thanks Mike! :)

I know of one individual who'd fit the part to a 'T' but he'll need to make his own decision as to contacting you or not, of course...

Brass

Registration