The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Georgia Peaches  (Read 34089 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Georgia Peaches
« on: April 16, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »
Georgia Peaches

I have a theory (more than one theory actually) but here is one of my theories about about finding a wife. It goes like this....

Find a clever girl with pretty eyes who likes to laugh, because in 30 years she will still be a clever girl with pretty eyes who likes to laugh.

So what does Bill do? he is minding his own business and finds a girl with the most vivid and pretty blue eyes on the entire internet. I figured it must be due to photoshop because there is no way a girl has eyes like that, but I decide to send her a comment, and then a conversation develops,

I send her a letter, then another, we chat on Skype and no kidding she really has eyes that will stop traffic. I am not the shyest guy around but I have honestly forgotten what I was saying in mid sentence while talking to her on Skype.

So I send her more letters (my whole life story spills out) and we chat on skype almost every day, and finally, it's time that I get on a plane to see if she thinks I am too old, tall, ugly or funny smelling and don't under estimate funny smelling. I met the prettiest girl once but she wore something that repelled both bugs and yours truly so I don't recommend underestimating what one person thinks smells like flowers and another person thinks would be good for removing paint.

Where was I? oh yes a pretty girl in Georgia with eyes that cause poets to write verses that don't rhyme and singers to sing outside windows horribly out of tune causing the neighbors to complain.

I went online and bought a ticket to Georgia from Vayama via Kyak using my bank card. My son bought something online with the same card (without telling me) and the number was used on a dodgy internet site so the bank cancelled the card, voided the ticket sale and of course never told me. (Bank America)

I get a letter from Vayama telling me about it, and after a half dozen calls over a period of 2 and a half weeks I have a new card and the tickets and I hate Bank of America.

I did tell them I would be traveling to Georgia but I have zero confidence in them that the card will be suitable for anything other than for scraping old gum up from under bar stools. 

I am not going to write a regular report with a play by play commentary of how I won her heart or how she rejected my romantic wooing.

I will see stuff and take photos and think of something semi-interesting to say about it, or I will bore you to tears and there you will be sitting there with tears streaming down your face saying

"Damn that Bill is sure one boring dude!!!"
and
"I can't believe I read this pile of crap"
and
" I wonder what will happen next?"

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline erudite

• Kharkov is a GREAT CITY!!!!!!
  • Spouses Country: UKRAINE
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Georgia Peaches
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 06:07:01 PM »
Bill.........I am truly glad to see you going to see a woman.  I know you love to debate with several members on the forum from time to time, but this is a much more worthy endeavor. 

I also loathe BOA.  They are a parasite on America itself. 

When you get back you can tell us how Cupid went to Georgia instead of the "Devil Went Down to Georgia".  Resin up your bow and play your fiddle! 
"It don't matter who's in Austin, Bob Wills is still the King", Waylon Jennings

Online 2tallbill

Secret Agents
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 06:08:28 PM »
Secret Agents

I didn't tell you about my elaborate web of secret agents, because if I did then it wouldn't be secret, but here I am telling everyone here about valuable spy craft for wooing hearts and other state secrets !!!

I have contacted quite a number of Georgian girls, many of which told me to go away and not to bother them with stupid inquiries, but I did manage to convince a few girls to help out with various things here at the forum. I also got them to teach me a few words, translate an occasional line or two, and tell me all about the mysteries of Georgia and Georgian girls.

Ok, I lied they didn't tell me all about Georgian girls because I am a man and wouldn't understand anyway, but they did help out quite a bit.

Our own Alenika helped me find a place in Tblisi and has been a fountain of ideas, good suggestions, and has kept me from a major faux pas or two.

Eka, Teo, Tamta, have been extremely helpful and have participated a bit here on the forum and have been in chat several times.

The girl I am going to visit Anna has a sister Gvantsa and a bunch of cousins, nieces and nephews. I have used many of them for secret missions.

BEWARE of using this strategy too much as I discovered that Gvantsa  has quite the sense of humor and will occasionally pull a prank on me, causing my mission to backfire or to report my activities to Anna. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Fo

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 02:41:00 AM »
Bill :). Spill
Fly

Online 2tallbill

Airlines
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »

Offline Eyjafjallajökull

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 09:47:08 PM »
I can't believe my eyes - Bill's in love. Ain't that sweet?  :loving:
Congrats and good luck, shorty!  :)
Once you go Ukraine, you'll scream with sex pain.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 08:03:24 AM »
So, are you going to see a Braves game or are you far from Atlanta?  :laugh:

I'm happy for you, brother.  May the force be with you. Got my fingers crossed.  :party0031:

Offline Boris

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 01:33:05 PM »
Good Luck Bill!! Have a great time....

Offline christianv

• Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 12:59:46 PM »
Hey Bill, i dont think you will bore anyone and i think some of us cant wait the outcome of your trip!

So please report ASAP!
Im currently in Odessa, Ukraine. Feel free to call me if you are planning to visit! (+38) O66 55 75 6O4

Offline Boris

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 01:03:54 PM »
Hey Bill, i dont think you will bore anything and i think some of us cant wait the outcome of your trip!

So please report ASAP!

Bill hopes your wrong... :ROFL:

Offline christianv

• Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 01:21:17 PM »
Hey Bill, i dont think you will bore anything and i think some of us cant wait the outcome of your trip!

So please report ASAP!

Bill hopes your wrong... :ROFL:

:laugh:

Ive changed it!! Sorry Bill!
Im currently in Odessa, Ukraine. Feel free to call me if you are planning to visit! (+38) O66 55 75 6O4

Offline mendeleyev

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »
Hope a very classy guy has a great trip and finds his girl with the pretty eyes!  tiphat

Offline ChrisE

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »
 Best of luck there bill, and of course make sure to keep us posted if you can take your eyes off her long enough to type! I saw the photo, and if you get double teamed with her and her sister both staring at you with those eyes, you are in a HEAP of trouble! Also watch out for the secret agent thing-what I hear about how FSUW share info, I'm sure you are out way of your league on that one!   :hidechair:

Offline TomT

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 01:57:02 PM »
There is much to be said for the path less traveled: Tblisi is NOT scammer country, GCG country, pro-dater country or HIV country. One can visit with any unpleasant distractions hanging around in the back of his mind... just like in the old days. 

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
Where's the trip report?

Offline Paul

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »
There is much to be said for the path less traveled: Tblisi is NOT scammer country, GCG country, pro-dater country or HIV country. One can visit with any unpleasant distractions hanging around in the back of his mind... just like in the old days.

I bet there aren't too many WM walking around the airport either,.. or women who have jaded opinions of WM due to past dealings with them... oh well, trying to tell the guys here that there are options to Ukraine is like ------- in the wind.

On with the TR Bill, we are all anxiously waiting  :)

Online 2tallbill

Georgia Peaches
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 08:36:16 AM »
Where's the trip report?
NOTE: I am not writing a regular play by play trip report.
NOTE: This post will be a disjointed (because I am)

It might be a few days at the earliest before I post anything.

I left Portland Oregon on Tuesday at 10:35 am and arrived beaten and battered at Tblisi at
2:45am on Thursday  All flights into or out of Tblisi arrive or leave sometime around 3:00 am
or it seems they do. I will research this more and get back with a report, unless I forget, or get side
tracked or find something more interesting to do.

I arrived at my apartment at about 4:00 am, even though I was (still am) tired beyond words to describe,  eventually (I am guessing I went to sleep around 5:00am) and I woke up at 10:30 am Thursday.

Today (Thursday), I had a list of things to accomplish (I didn't bring the list). I bought some water, toilet paper, cheese, bread, milk, cereal, tea, juice, etc.

List that I can remember
Exchange some dollars for Lari
Find an internet cafe
I took a couple of photos but forgot the cord to connect the camera to the internet.

I bought a cell phone NOTE this is a three step process
1. You find a phone store and buy a phone.
2. You find a sim card store and buy a sim card
3. You buy minutes

You thought you could go to one place in Georgia and get all three of these things?
ha ha ha ha ha ha  :chuckle:  don't be silly, why would you wish to do this?

The phone situation seems to be more complex than I thought. Just because you dial a girl on
the phone and she answers while you are in the US does not mean you can dial the same number
and expect for it to be connected while you are in Tblisi. Some of the numbers have to be changed I
haven't learned which numbers or how or why but I am on the case and will report my findings.

I have tried to call my secret agents and have been unsuccessful so far. (I reached only one)

I walked up and down the hills enough to run a mountain goat into the ground.

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 09:14:35 AM »
Good luck Beel.  Sounds like a fascinating place.  I've heard the wines and brandy are the best in the FSU. I hope you get to try a nice variety of them.

Offline ChrisE

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 10:09:27 AM »
 Better yet, send us some bottles to sample! lol

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 10:16:17 AM »
Good luck Beel.  Sounds like a fascinating place.  I've heard the wines and brandy are the best in the FSU. I hope you get to try a nice variety of them.

I have drank Georgian wines in the past. Yes they have some good ones. There are those who claim
that wine was invented in Georgia. I have seen similar claims for many other things as well including the
wheel  :o.

However there is a major fast going on here and this is the last week of it. On Sunday I think a few bottles of wine will start flowing.

Offline mendeleyev

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »
I bought a cell phone NOTE this is a three step process
1. You find a phone store and buy a phone.
2. You find a sim card store and buy a sim card
3. You buy minutes

...just like Russia some years ago.  :)

Have a great time, Bill. When you return we're hoping that you can add some of those wonderful Georgian recipes to the culinary pages.

Offline el_guero

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 10:20:31 PM »
NOTE:  "WE" don't want a trip report.

We want the story.  Read Mendy's stories for the how to.  Change the facts to protect the ladies.

;)

Online 2tallbill

Zombie Chic get it now !!!
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 01:54:58 AM »
I am working on a new look and am counting on those here that get onto planes to help it
catch on.

I call it zombie chic, kinda like the old heroin chik of the 1990's only way more trendy.  http://www.google.ru/#q=heroin+sheik&bih=931&biw=1280&fp=9c6d2a1196c0fbf0&hl=ru&newwindow=1

zombie chic is characterized by big dark circles under the eyes and authentic "slept in" look for clothing and the "bed head" is not dead look.

Online 2tallbill

Hot and cold running water
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 02:08:42 AM »
Hot and cold running water are often taken for GRANTED* in the West.

Today the Hot water came from a kettle on the stove and the cold water came
from a tap on the shower. Over many trips I have worked out a system of getting myself
semi presentable when one of the following is not available.

1. electricity (shave with care)
2. hot water
3. no water (can you say moist towlettes?)

Today it was no hot water. I boiled a pot and kettle on the stove, and took it into the bath with me.

Pre shower: Prepare a number of cups of hot tea to fortify oneself internally
Then did a "Navy" shower routine
1. get wet
2. soap up
3. rinse
4. dry off quickly

I use the hot water for soaping up and rinsing of vitals (family jewels etc)
and cold water for washing hair and limbs and any place still soapy when the
hot water is gone.

Post shower routine another cup of Joe and I am good to go (black tea in my case).

* Today I was reminded once again that Grant and Ed (the founding members of Granted) were in fact  sheep buggering *snip*s difficult gents. 

Offline el_guero

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 02:32:45 AM »
And I asked about mattresses.