The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Chinese and Japanese Women  (Read 11717 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Chinese and Japanese Women
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 10:11:05 AM »
I usually pretend to certain people I'm able to speak much less than I can in order to avoid difficult conversations where some cultural issue will come up that cause problems.

I know a fair few westerners in China who do the same, we play dumb when it's suitable to do so. It can just be so much less trouble. :biggrin:

Oh, Chinese people do this all the time when they don't agree with you, or something
is going to cost them a few bucks  :chuckle:

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 10:49:14 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Westcoast, I've left out more than a couple of important factors there Westcoast. In truth it would be impossible for me to list all the things I consider to be important to know, and the intricacies of them either, on a single web page.....I could do a really really long page though I suppose :snivel:

To be honest I consider the 'asking for permission' thing to be fairly common knowledge online which is another factor why it isn't included on that page.

Welcome to the forum,

If you try to eat an elephant you will find the task somewhat overwhelming. However if you eat an elephant sandwich every day then eventually you will have eaten the whole thing. (Bills Rome was not built in a day analogy)

You have quite a bit of information regarding Chinese Women and marriage etc.
Why don't you start a post something like

Chinese Women FAQs and general information
or

Chinese women facts and myths
or

Chinese women a billion Chinese men can't all be wrong

You can make a post a day and eventually you will have covered many if
not all of the bases. Then you can start other threads like the ones that
Westy mentioned that you said are huge topics.

Lastly I would recommend not assuming that Western men or the guys here at the
forum know anything about the culture or what you know. I guarantee that the "Asking permission" assumption you made is news for many here on the forum.

Again Welcome to the forum,

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Sam Reeves

• Commercial Member
    • Chinese Dating Secrets - Chinese Brides Guide
  • Spouses Country: CHINA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 04:55:48 AM »

Welcome to the forum,

If you try to eat an elephant you will find the task somewhat overwhelming. However if you eat an elephant sandwich every day then eventually you will have eaten the whole thing. (Bills Rome was not built in a day analogy)

You have quite a bit of information regarding Chinese Women and marriage etc.
Why don't you start a post something like

Chinese Women FAQs and general information
or

Chinese women facts and myths
or

You can make a post a day and eventually you will have covered many if
not all of the bases. Then you can start other threads like the ones that
Westy mentioned that you said are huge topics............

That's a fantastic idea 2tallbill! Then after enough posts I will have rewritten my book literally hundreds of times over. That's exactly what I was looking for. tiphat

Seriously 2tall, I'm sure you know there are only so many hours in a day, and I didn't exactly write a book so I had to rewrite it many times over, although I'm happy to answer some questions. :nod:

I am rather keen on this topic you suggested 2tall:

...but possibly not for the right reasons. 1 billion Chinese men and only 300 million Chinese women conjures images in my head of some very very frustrated Chinese men or an epic movie.

Lastly I would recommend not assuming that Western men or the guys here at the
forum know anything about the culture or what you know. I guarantee that the "Asking permission" assumption you made is news for many here on the forum.

Again Welcome to the forum,

Bill

Fair point 2tallbill, I'll take that on board.

Thanks for the welcome 2tallbill, love the Douglas Adams quote by the way.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »
That's a fantastic idea 2tallbill! Then after enough posts I will have rewritten my book literally hundreds of times over. That's exactly what I was looking for. tiphat

You can always introduce a topic like this: Chinese women Confucius or Confusion?  (to see more about this read chapter 47 in my book you can buy it here "link"

Then you can post some information and link back to the book for all the really secret stuff and intimate details.

Offline Sam Reeves

• Commercial Member
    • Chinese Dating Secrets - Chinese Brides Guide
  • Spouses Country: CHINA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »

You can always introduce a topic like this: Chinese women Confucius or Confusion?  (to see more about this read chapter 47 in my book you can buy it here "link"

I really like your titles 2tallbill, 'Confucius or Confusion'. I'm thinking you can do the titles for my next book..... you've got quite the talent for it in my view!

I'm kind of thinking if there is enough interest in questions from this thread then I will create another one, we'll see how it goes.

Offline bejarano

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »
Instead of making a new topic on this subject, I thought I would revive this one, glad to see the forum is still going strong and Manny is still at the helm!  tiphat

I lived in Russia for a few years in the 1990's when it was still mad! I haven't been back since but I have heard it has calmed down. Loved Russia and its people. One of the greatest places on earth for me and lots of beautiful women. If you are looking for a wife then that is a place to go to - I can't recommend it enough.

So - I have been living in China for the past few years and have married a Chinese woman and I thought I would give you my opinions and whatnot - maybe it will help someone in the future.

My lady is a beautiful, well educated lady who speaks good English. A lot of women speak English in China as English translation/teaching is seen as a good job for a woman so lots of girls learn and speak English to a high level.

It is true that a woman needs her family's permission to get married to a particular suitor. We have had this problem for the past three years now and they have just accepted me as my wife's choice. She was as stubborn as a mule though and was going to stick with me even though she was going to get disowned. Thankfully, they have changed their mind.

I have only dated the one Chinese lady - though for 4 years. But I know plenty of other Chinese ladies as friends and students of mine and I think I can say the majority of them are great girls, happy in general, feminine, pleasant and in particular my girl is so loving and faithful.

Chinese girls have all kinds of bodies, I think the biggest myth is the 'Chinese girls have no ass and no chest' myth - you see all kinds of shapes and sizes over there - though Chinese girls are more slender than Europeans, seeing a girl with big breasts or a nice plump ass isn't uncommon - of course - it is more common in the north than it is in the south where the people tend to be smaller and thinner.

There is great pressure for a girl to get married by the time she is 25 years old. After 25, she is seen as an 'old maid' and not many Chinese men would be terribly interested. Even the ones without much going on in their lives. So, if a girl is over 25 and single, she is looking for a husband.

Russian women are great, but you need to be 'firm' for want of a better word to make things work, I dated four Russian women and they were great girls but I always remember the advice a friends father in law gave to my mate on their wedding day about being 'strong' and 'not to take any shit' off their daughter or she would ground him down into specks of dust. He didn't listen to her and she ended grinding him up into dust. Might have just been her being a nasty cow - who knows, but I was probably a bit too soft and sensitive for the Russian girls I dated - who knows what would have happened but probably it wouldn't have ended well for me. For the right guy - an educated Russian woman is a fantastic life partner but if you aren't strong - she will punish weaknesses. I remember crying in front of one girlfriend and she was aghast! I think it was when I watched a re-run of Ghost!  :laugh: I remember to keep a stiff upper lip after that.

I also think that living in Russia is your best option than going on tours, if you have a degree in anything - go and teach English over there, if you have a few quid - go and study Russian at a university - they will take any academic background and the cost of a years tuition is like 3000 dollars, accommodation is cheap - you will meet women galore and you will be able to speak to them (eventually) in their native tongue. I don't know how much it is to go on a dating tour with AFA or whatever but for 12000 dollars you could live and study in Russia for a year and meet a far nicer woman than you would on those tours.

China is the same deal, loads of jobs teaching English and meeting women is very easy over there if you are a white westerner. Age doesn't seem to be a factor over there at all, even the older Chinese men have girlfriends who are 20-30 years younger. Mind you - the Chinese men who are getting girls that age has to prove he has money whereas white westerners are assumed to have money. Again - if you don't want to work but would rather study Chinese then there are tons of cheap language courses and living over there is not so expensive.

Right, that is all I can think of for now. If you have any questions then please feel free to ask away and a big hello to Manny and the boys!

Offline JayH

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 07:37:44 PM »
Interesting post-thanks

Offline bejarano

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 09:43:28 PM »
Interesting post-thanks

No worries Jay - glad you found it interesting.  :thumbsup:

One thing I thought I would talk about that gets discussed on here a lot is about race and success in dating. A lot gets talked about in regards inter-racial dating and the success of black guys in regards Russian women.

With Chinese women - as with Russian women - there is a big massive difference between your dating success on the ground and dating success via the internet. I would say that online - black guys don't do as well as white guys. When you see the majority of profiles on dating sites out of Russia and China - the preference seems to be for white/European men.

However, in China, I knew a black guy - an African-American, who did very well with Chinese ladies half his age - some of these girls were beautiful, but he had charm, social skills and was in excellent shape and he was never short of attention or interest.

Would he had got these girls had they saw his photo online? Probably not. Chinese girls tend to be more nationalistic and racist than Russian girls in regards picking their partner and the family of course would rather the girl marry someone of the correct race and social standing. But in China, social graces and personality go a long way - as does language ability which this guy had - he had very good Chinese which opened up his dating possibilities a great deal and was by far the most successful guy with the ladies that I knew in China.

My advice for black guys who want to date and marry a Russian or a Chinese woman is get over there - find a job there or study the language, which is fantastic value for money and meet your dream girl that way. If you have your ducks in a row and are handsome, intelligent, well groomed and charming - you are going to do as well as any white guy on the ground - in my opinion of course. 

NB: Seems Russia is getting more dangerous for people of colour which is a complete and utter shame. You would have no problems in China which is a very safe place as regards personal safety. Again, take sensible precautions if you decide to visit Russia and you should have a great trip. If you go over to study for a year or so you will make friends who will have have local knowledge and will have your back. Russians are the best friends a person could ever make.

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 07:02:05 AM »
Nice to see you back Bejarano.  tiphat

Are you and your wife going to come and live here? If so, how do her family take that?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline bejarano

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »
Nice to see you back Bejarano.  tiphat

Are you and your wife going to come and live here? If so, how do her family take that?

Hi Manny,

The new changes in the law regarding UK nationals bringing back foreign wives has got a lot more difficult for us all, though if we got through the EU family visa and get a job in Germany (which is a future plan somewhere down the line)
it will be a lot easier and cheaper getting residence through the 'Surinder Singh' route but as you have highlighted, there is the cultural obligation of looking after her shitbag parents and they are part of the deal so I doubt we will be leaving China anytime soon as a couple, though I am back in the UK doing my masters degree, I would like her to do a MA here so she will come to the UK to study sometime soon.

Offline lordtiberius

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 02:31:08 PM »
I have been following this thread passively.  Two Chinese ladies approached me on the major free international dating site dominated by Russian speakers.  I thought they were scammers but turns out they were sincere.

There is a lot of racism and tribalism in Asian cultures.  These mindsets do not fit into the outdated black-white paradigm that dominate news cycles today.  40 years ago, my grandma said to my Dad, "No Jews or Blacks."  So he brought home a Filipina and they got along great.  I have brought home Jews and they don't care if I bring home a Black woman.  But my Mom did say no Chinese or Japanese.  She went further, "I hate the Japanese people."

Two years later I sat next to the hottest Japanese exchange student in my Typography class. 

Anyway, pan-Asianism doesn't exist outside Western countries and in the West it is more of a political movement.  Sometimes cultural because Asian cultures do share lots of things in common compared to Westerners.

Offline bejarano

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »
I have been following this thread passively.  Two Chinese ladies approached me on the major free international dating site dominated by Russian speakers.  I thought they were scammers but turns out they were sincere.

There is a lot of racism and tribalism in Asian cultures.  These mindsets do not fit into the outdated black-white paradigm that dominate news cycles today.  40 years ago, my grandma said to my Dad, "No Jews or Blacks."  So he brought home a Filipina and they got along great.  I have brought home Jews and they don't care if I bring home a Black woman.  But my Mom did say no Chinese or Japanese.  She went further, "I hate the Japanese people."

Two years later I sat next to the hottest Japanese exchange student in my Typography class. 

Anyway, pan-Asianism doesn't exist outside Western countries and in the West it is more of a political movement.  Sometimes cultural because Asian cultures do share lots of things in common compared to Westerners.

Yes, it goes back to the Japanese empire and their rule over the Asian continent. Even today, the youngsters of Korea and China have a pure hatred of the Japanese. And they do all have a sense of nationalism and ethnic consciousness though this doesn't seem to cross into dating except in South Korea where mixed race dating is still taboo and discouraged (though that is changing in 2012). In fact , in Japan - 1 in 10 marriages are cross cultural.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »

Yes, the Filipinos I know hate the Japanese "in general" but make exceptions for the husbands of friends (but love their money).

The Koreans who are a minority in Japan get a hard time, everybody mis-trusts or has issues with those of another race or culture. Probably your Mom thinks Chinese are dirty and smelly and can't forgive the Japanese over what they did to Manila at the end of WWII - bayoneting nuns, killing 100,000 Manila citizens as they were pulling out of Manila - for no reason other than they could.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »
her shitbag parents

Its nice that you have bonded with the folks.  :chuckle:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline bejarano

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 04:51:05 PM »
her shitbag parents

God, they are awful!  :fighting0025:

Offline vendelo

• Spouses Country: USA/Hong Kong
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2013, 11:56:59 PM »
her shitbag parents

God, they are awful!  :fighting0025:

bejarano,

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences. I'm currently dating an HK girl and things look great.

I should mention she's not a typical HK girl (doesn't like to shop nor owns LV purses). I'm familiar with the culture since my family is from there so culturally she and I have got along well.

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 07:40:28 AM »
Is there any book like this regarding to Japanese women?

http://chinesedatingsecrets.com/

I want to figure if a Japanese female friend (15 years ago) was into me  :-\ 
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
Chinese and Japanese Women
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 07:46:57 AM »
The trouble with Chinese brides is once you've had one you want another one straight away.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2013, 07:55:48 AM »

Why not ask her?

If you don't have contact any more then why would it matter?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2013, 08:07:33 AM »

Why not ask her?

If you don't have contact any more then why would it matter?

She is married with an Israeli guy and has a child. But yes, when I analyzed the signs (many years later) then yes, she was, but I missed it back then.

I'm just curious if there are specific sings for Japanese girls when they show interest in the other species. (thing is, she was the only Japanese with whom I've had friendship ever).   
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline CC3

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 08:22:54 AM »
Having lived in Honolulu for a couple years - the cross roads of the pacific - I do have some expertise on the topic.  Japanese tourism floats the Island economy and both US Senators are Japanese Americans, Koreans, Chinese and Filipinos with some Thais make up at least 1/3 of the Islands population, 1/3 Islanders and 1/3 Caucasians (Howlies). 

LOL a friend from Moscow once said most westerners assume with Blonde hair and blues eyes the Russians are also westerners - you are wrong - they drove the descendants of Genghis Kahn back to their homelands and took over all of Asian Russia - they think and act just like Sun Tsu - even to the concept of "face" - both saving and not losing Face is a big deal.

The Koreans and Japanese are most skilled at pleasing their men - with the one child Policy in China there is a young male surplus and young female shortage - due largely to female infanticide - whealthy families in China arrange marriages for their sons with other prominent families daughters at a very early age - so China doll dating sites almost always MOB scams.

A friend's brother was a GE executive in China for years, he met and married a daughter of an Auto parts injection moulding factory owner (works for Audi etc) in Mainland china... his brother met her there and moved her back here to the USA and when he needed a gall bladder operation for about $40K here total - her family had it done at a spanking new hospital near Shanghai for $2800 which her family paid.  Multi USD millionaires but severe restrictions on getting their money out - so she takes USA cash from Chinese here and her family gives Yuan to their relatives in mainland China and that is how they accumulate off shore dollar reserves here.

"Relaxation Spas" in Honolulu the most fun a man can "legally" have on this earth without being ripped off.

Slightly off topic, Cuff, but "haoles", to a true native Hawaiian, not Asian immigrant, are any non-Hawaiian-race people. The long- term Asian (and Samoan) immigrants to Hawaii have expropriated the term for their own usage to refer to off-islanders (mostly Caucasians), but it is a Hawaiian language word, with specific Hawaiian meaning. Both my ex-wife and our daughter were born in Honolulu; even though Caucasian, we were inducted into the Ohana "Kauaua", one of the largest and most active ohanas in the Islands.

Back on topic: while in the Marines, I was stationed near Hiroshima, and lived with a Japanese woman most of that time. I was such a newbie to the Orient, being only a 24 year old wild fighter pilot. Even today, many women later, I remember her as the most caring and attentive partner that I had ever had, until I met my UA fiancee. Comparatively, they are/were equally devoted and loving, with a slight edge to my fiancee.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *snip* die for his.
George S. Patton

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 08:49:05 AM »
Slightly off topic, Cuff, but "haoles", to a true native Hawaiian, not Asian immigrant, are any non-Hawaiian-race people. The long- term Asian (and Samoan) immigrants to Hawaii have expropriated the term for their own usage to refer to off-islanders (mostly Caucasians), but it is a Hawaiian language word, with specific Hawaiian meaning. Both my ex-wife and our daughter were born in Honolulu; even though Caucasian, we were inducted into the Ohana "Kauaua", one of the largest and most active ohanas in the Islands.

Yes, anyone who is not "Kanaka Maoli"  can be considered a "Haole" but it is mostly a derogatory word for people of white ancestry. They don't beat up Asian kids on "Kill Haole Day" in school"   :)