The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Visa for Germany  (Read 959 times)

Offline 2 Cats

• Trips: 1-5
Visa for Germany
« on: November 08, 2010, 11:09:08 AM »
I have seen that it is necessary for a person from Russia that wishes to go to Germany to acquire a visa first. How much time does it take to get this visa?
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. (Roosevelt, i believe)

Offline Chris

• CAD Drawing and Surveying for Office and on Site - Point - Shoot - Drawn - Instant Floor Plans
  • Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Visa for Germany
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »
I have no idea, but relations between Russia and Germany regarding Visa's is not good at the moment

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/tougher-visa-rules-foisted-on-germans/421892.html 

Offline dbneeley

• RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 10:32:59 AM »
My wife and son are going to Germany in December for several weeks. Today, they received their passports back with their new Schengen visas attached--their first visa in their foreign passports, in fact.

Their interview in the German Embassy in Kyiv was this past Friday. They had their confirmed air tickets and itinerary, and Ira had compiled a small mountain of documentation for the interview. Also, I had sent an email myself a month or so back to the Embassy, outlining our situation and asking for any advice on what she would need for their application. They made a very nice but brief reply, and asked me to print out my letter and their reply to put with the paperwork.

Even though they had no prior foreign travel listed in their passports (although my wife had gone to Germany with her parents when she was a little girl, about forty years ago), they had no trouble being approved.

She is happy that she will be visiting with her best friend, who was her roommate during medical school and who has lived in Munich for eight years now. Although they have spoken on the telephone regularly, they have not seen each other during that eight years. Her friend, also named Irina, is now a naturalized German citizen who is practicing antesthesiology there.

So--it can indeed be done but it was a rather massive case of preparation.

David

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »
Lots of Russians in Germany, and presumably Ukes, some sort of 'sorry we abused you in the war' visa, whole areas of Lübeck are Russian, all unemployed and getting food parcels and creating Russian ghettos, not very pretty I tell thee. I still maintain Russians aren't good travellers...

When I was in Hamburg there was a place that was wholly Russian, near Bergedorf, we walked through it, u'd think u where in CCCP...

Having said that Nadia has had two schengens and a Work Permit from the the Germans, with no issues other than they all took AGES......

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.