The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: K-2 child's A number?  (Read 1169 times)

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
K-2 child's A number?
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:07:38 AM »
On the I-485 application to register permanent residence for a derivative beneficiary (a son of the K-1 beneficiary), would one insert the A # of the principal alien (his mother) or leave it blank?

p.s.

Many thanks to the Immigration service for their comprehensive, easy-to-read and easy-to-find instructions.

[Edit to note that I have discovered that, unlike the mother's, a K-2 child's 'A' number will be assigned for the I-797C Notice of Action which indicates receipt of the child's I-485 package. Accordingly, the box for said number should be left blank on Form I-485 because it doesn't exist yet.]

p.s

The confusion lies in a few forms being used for many different immigration situation.