The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Israel  (Read 4176 times)

Offline pup zemly

Israel
« on: September 13, 2007, 01:49:48 PM »
I've heard that there is a coming law, saying that Russians wont need a visa to to to Israel. I believe we'll receive just a stamp at the custom.
So it is another country if you want to meet ur lady without much difficulties

Offline eldanes

• playground
  • Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 08:44:23 AM »
/ 02OCT07 / 1438 UTC
National RUSSIAN FEDERATION (RU)                         
Embarkation ISRAEL (IL)         /Destination ISRAEL (IL)

ISRAEL (IL)

Passport (must be valid at least 6 months beyond period of intended stay) required.

Visa required.

However, if travelling in a group of 10 or more passengers and holding prior approval from Ministry of Interior: visa can be obtained on arrival. Fee: USD 80,- per person.

If being former national of Israel, passenger must show written proof from Israeli Authorities abroad that Israeli nationality has been given up.
If failing to do so, please see: For details, click here - item 3.

Visitor must hold return/onward ticket and sufficient funds.

Non-compliance with entry regulations may result in deportation of passenger.

WARNING: It is a mandatory requirement that passengers holding Palestinian documents arriving in Tel Aviv, must have originally departed Israel from Tel Aviv and not from airports in Egypt or Jordan. If passengers departed from Egypt or Jordan, they must also return through the airport of origin.
Passengers are subject to deportation if this requirement in not met.

If travelling from Israel to an Arab country other than Egypt, Jordan or United Arab Emirates, passengers should ensure that their passports do not contain Israeli visa or stamps.

ISRAEL (IL)

Vaccinations not required.

Reference KLM/IATA
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what’s wanted

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 10:59:50 AM »
/ 02OCT07 / 1438 UTC
Visa required.

you are wrong. this new law will be available since 2008. Russian people wont have to apply for a visa, it'll be put at the customs automatically

Offline eldanes

• playground
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 12:33:04 PM »
No Julie.

If anybody are wrong it's KLM and the International Air Transport Association. Personally I could not care a toss if one can travel to Israel as a Russian citizen.
But....

If the Israeli government should not know who should?? However, I would wonder very much why they have a tourist visa form on their web if no visa is required.
http://moscow.mfa.gov.il/mfm/web/main/document.asp?SubjectID=5278&MissionID=78&LanguageID=370&StatusID=0&DocumentID=-1

and the page is in Russian  :)

Israeli embassy in London says:
Countries that do not require a Visa

If you are a passport holder of one of the following countries you do not require a tourist visa to travel to Israel. If you are a citizen of a country not on this list contact the Consulate on 020-7957-9500. (Between 9-10am)

Argentina, Australia, Austria

Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil

Canada, Central African Republic, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic

Denmark, Dominican Republic

Ecuador, El Salvador

Fiji, Finland, France

Germany (from 01.01.1928) Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala

Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary

Iceland, Ireland, Italy

Jamaica, Japan

Korea South

Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg

Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Mongolia

Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway

Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Portugal

San Marino, Slovak Rep, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, St Kitts & Nevis, Surinam, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland

Trinidad & Tobago

United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay

Vanuatu 

Offline eldanes

• playground
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 12:46:32 PM »
Ohhhhhh, I see Julie. You are taking the joy in advance as that is a law suposedly going in to force in 2008.  ;D

Yet the bill has not been approved. Soooo, we are all awaiting news to come any day soon.

Nice one. Did not put on my glases.

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 01:18:52 PM »
Ohhhhhh, I see Julie. You are taking the joy in advance as that is a law suposedly going in to force in 2008.  ;D

Yet the bill has not been approved. Soooo, we are all awaiting news to come any day soon.

yes, they've already announced it. They hope to have more Russian tourists there. As you know Russian tourists love to waste money when they have a rest :)

Offline Rvrwind

• In God we trust, all others pay cash!!
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 01:30:06 PM »
Yep, I can tell by the way you spelled "glasses" that you still don't have them on...LMAO.
Don't feel bad same thing happens when I forget to put mine on...go figure! ;D
Canadian Cowboy - Dyin' is Easy, It's Livin' thats Hard!!!

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 07:10:41 PM »
Ahhh yes a neutral meeting place for some never to have met before pen pals.  ::) Israel ???  WTF !   So what will you do stroll down past the war torn markets, gaze upon some twisted burnt out buses ,and of course don't forget the constant threat of dying all in the name of ...................  ahh forget it  I'm not gonna rant on.

Yeah sure hope they get that one passed, it'll be wonderful to go there instead of some normal country who doesn't antagonise the region. Opps there I go again :innocent:

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 03:07:15 AM »
Ahhh yes a neutral meeting place for some never to have met before pen pals.  ::) Israel ???  WTF !   So what will you do stroll down past the war torn markets, gaze upon some twisted burnt out buses ,and of course don't forget the constant threat of dying all in the name of ...................  ahh forget it  I'm not gonna rant on.

Yeah sure hope they get that one passed, it'll be wonderful to go there instead of some normal country who doesn't antagonise the region. Opps there I go again :innocent:
tell me one good country which doesnt require a visa from russians? cyprus?  :chuckle: egypt?  :chuckle:

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 08:15:09 PM »
 Cuba is a dam good spot. No violence,the only threat is from Cuban exiles living in Florida. :antagonize:
   I never have understood the reason not to visit a country just because you need a visa.  I needed a transit visa to travel in Poland back in 2003,and I never even used it , $100 down the WC  :'(

Seriously do you watch the TV news ? If so what would any rational person want to take a vacation there, to save some money ?  I could just see it now , RW says " Dahling, I love all those airraid sirens going off, reminds me that I should of had you spend the extra $20 to go to Cyprus. :chuckle:

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 03:07:52 AM »
Cuba is a dam good spot. No violence,the only threat is from Cuban exiles living in Florida. :antagonize:
   I never have understood the reason not to visit a country just because you need a visa.  I needed a transit visa to travel in Poland back in 2003,and I never even used it , $100 down the WC  :'(

Seriously do you watch the TV news ? If so what would any rational person want to take a vacation there, to save some money ?  I could just see it now , RW says " Dahling, I love all those airraid sirens going off, reminds me that I should of had you spend the extra $20 to go to Cyprus. :chuckle:

yes i watch it.
it costs min 2000$ to go to Cuba.
Look, i dont force you to go to Israel. I told you the news :smokin:

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
Cuba libre :)
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 04:08:08 AM »
it costs min 2000$ to go to Cuba.

Yep, I was checking prices for February 2008 recently - Julie is right  :(  Approx. 1500$ out of 2000$ are for the flight.

So I better start accumulating my Aeroflot Bonus miles in a more active way, to collect the needed 50.000 miles by January  :P

Wonder why trips to Thailand are about 2 times cheaper (approx. 650$ for the flights, and 350$ accommodation \ meals \ transfers) - thought a free Aeroflot flight to Bangkok would take same 50.000 miles as Havana...
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 07:51:33 AM »
Austrian Airlines  Odessa to Havana is $1120 return taxes in.  You can walk into a resort and book you private room starting at $23 per night.

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 08:48:01 AM »
Austrian Airlines  Odessa to Havana is $1120 return taxes in. 
You can walk into a resort and book you private room starting at $23 per night.

Which departure date?

And... is this offer valid with the outward flight starting from DME?
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline eldanes

• playground
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »
This time I did put on my specs (I also went to www.specsavers.co.uk)  :-) and I consulted my English teacher before attempting spelling this: Dominican Republic