The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Anybody up for a trip to Odessa in August?  (Read 2225 times)

Offline eldanes

• playground
  • Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 20+
Anybody up for a trip to Odessa in August?
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:17:51 PM »
Guys.....

Spoke to Manny who gave me his permission to lobby this.

I have just come back home to the UK 1½ months ago after a marathon drive around Ukraine of about 3400 km in 5 days. I met this fellow from an agency in Odessa who seems to be a decent guy. He just now sent me this email below of here inviting me to a social in Odessa in August.

I am tired of going to Ukraine alone so I was wondering if any of you guys would care to join up and make our own little trip with the social added in as an additional bonus.

Here is the email I received and I have also posted the photos that were attached to the email.

Dear gentlemen!

Odessa city is waiting for you. Do not lose the greatest opportunity to attend the unforgettable special event, which is meant to help men from other countries to meet Odessa's ladies... We offer you to enjoy the special atmosphere of Odessa's hospitality, spend your time in a company of beautiful ladies... and who knows, maybe even to meet a love of your life...
The Party will take place at one of the most beautiful beaches of Odessa, at the Black Sea shore. You will get a chance to enjoy romantic atmosphere and nice music at our special event, high level service and to get memorable moments that you will never forget...As you will be surrounded by over 100 beautiful, single, english-speaking, charming ladies from Odessa, Ukraine!
Take this chance! Waiting for you on the 17th of August, starting at 19:00! (I was told the fee is USD 250 but I think we might be able to negotiate the fee if we are more guys) You can get more info about the party by writing back to us at: I will provide you with the email address if you should be interested.

We also provide accommodation and transfer from the airport in case you need.

Pictures of the hosting place are included in this letter.

Best regards,

Odessa XXXXX

http://rapidshare.com/files/406772881/1.jpg, http://rapidshare.com/files/406772883/2.jpg, http://rapidshare.com/files/406772884/3.jpg, http://rapidshare.com/files/406772885/4.jpg, http://rapidshare.com/files/406772886/5.jpg, http://rapidshare.com/files/406772887/6.jpg, http://rapidshare.com/files/406772888/7.jpg, http://rapidshare.com/files/406772889/8.jpg
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what’s wanted

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
Re: Anybody up for a trip to Odessa in August?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:46:40 PM »
I think there's something up with your links eldanes?
Слава Україні

Offline macmuir

• The Dude Abides
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »
Yes.

Whatever Rapidshare is I don't think I like it. Anyway to see the pics without registering at this site?

eldanes,

As for the general concept, I will be in the country on that date, but couldn't say just yet if I'll be in Odessa. Depends how things go in Sumy and Mariupol, if badly, it might be a plan.

I've always enjoyed sharing a dram with a Scot. 

:party0031:
"Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules?"
Walter Sobchak

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 03:31:53 PM »
While I dislike private messages - I am interested in knowing more of your plans. So PM me. AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline chelseaboy

• Watched
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 05:15:54 PM »
I may well be interested in this trip eldanes.Pm me with more details. :)
"I find it hard to believe that Russia would target civilians on purpose " Manny 28/2/22

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
I've always enjoyed sharing a dram with a Scot. 
 :party0031:

I might be wrong -- but I think Eldanes is Danish. Dunno why he is in Scotland....... must be money.  :nod:

Rapidshare: Yes, it is a pain. Free users can only view a pic every 15 mins from what I can see.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline macmuir

• The Dude Abides
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 06:37:31 PM »
Interesting....I figured as much until I saw he was in Glasgow.

I don't think I've been drinking with any Danes.  :drunk:

BTW and OT Manny, RBG is very well done. Invaluable and well written. Kudos to you and your lovely wife.
"Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules?"
Walter Sobchak

Offline eldanes

• playground
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 01:46:40 AM »
Hi guys:

Rapidshare..... If anybody has a better way to upload the photos that were sent to me please let me know. I usually don't need to upload photos on storage space hence my ignorance (and I did actually search google for such sites and came up with rubbish hits).
However, When you click on the link and are taken to the Rapidshare page click on the bottom Free user which takes you to a new page where you chose download and that should download the photo in question.

macmui: As indicated by Manny I am a fake Scot. I am Danish but have been living here in Scotland for almost 7 years. I am stationed as a part of my job with IBM tech support on midrange servers (Not just IBM products but I also support HP, Compaq and Dell) .

Manny: If it was the money I would have stayed in Denmark. Lenovo Denmark currently pay me 20 quid an hour to support Lenovo PC products in my free time. However, the reason why I moved from Denmark is the Danish immigration policy, the perception Danes have that they know everything better and think they have the best society in the world and they can’t comprehend why any Dane would want to move from Denmark. Danes are xenophobic.

chelseaboy and AvHdB: I have not got more information than what was in the email. I will contact you as well as macmui to find out what we actually can do and want to do.

El danes

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • "Helping People Understand Each Other"
    • OdessaGuide.Net
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 02:24:29 AM »
Why not just post imagery here… all you need is the IMG tag.
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Offline eldanes

• playground
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 03:46:52 AM »
I have added the photos to here. Though not sure why anyone who have no intentions of joining would like to see the photos. They are basically just photos of the venue. Not very exiting in my humble opinion.

El danes

Offline eldanes

• playground
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 07:09:03 AM »
Just got this follow up email.

Hello Michale,

People are asking for more detailed information:

The price is 250 USD, that includes a special introduction evening, entertaining evening, it's a private closed event. This price also includes transportation from your hotel to the party, entertaining programme and of course meeting over one hundred ladies! A big even for uniting hearts.
There are gonna be over 100 single, english-speaking ladies.
You will meet with the ladies directly at the party, therefore we have the preplanned entertaining programme with the showman. We are going to create a very comfortable and easy-going atmosphere there, so ladies and gentlemen could easily get  acquainted...You can be sure of that!
We attached some pohotos of the ladies, as a sample, in order to give you an idea what kind and type of ladies you will meet there. But of course there will be over 100 ladies of a such kind...
You will meet with the ladies directly at the party, therefore we have the preplanned entertaining programme.
We invited and registered only the beautiful, charming and single ladies for this party. At that evening there are going to be over 100 ladies. And we personaly interview all of them, and have them registered for this special event.
We are going to create a very comfortable and easy-going atmosphere there, so ladies and gentlemen could easily get acquainted with each other...You can be sure of that!
The vast majority of the ladies, you gonna meet at the party, can speak english. But we also provide interpreters, and there are also gonna be interpreters at the party to assist some men if needed.
You will sure see as many ladies, after the party, next days, as you want. It's for free!
We also provide different types of accommodation and a transfer from the airport if you need.
If you are going to attend our event, transportation from the airport is for free, transportation to the place of the event (party) is also free!!
Please, feel free to ask ask more questions if needed.
If you become interested, let us know, so we can put you in the guest list, as there is a limited quantity of free places for men.
Waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Customer support

Offline Chris

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »
Are all these 100 ladies marriage minded and willing to relocate abroad ? or are they just there for the free nosh  :-X
Слава Україні

Offline eldanes

• playground
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 11:46:32 AM »
Chris;

I take your question is on behalf of the remaining unmarried men as I believe you are happily married. If not...... I hope for you that your current wife does not read these pages. Otherwise you might find yourself divorced very soon.

Well, I don't know if all 100 ladies are marriage minded and not just there for the liquid and canapes. Mind you I am not the person organizing the event. But I was told that if I get permission from the moderator I can publish the email address of the agencies who arrange the event.
I was told this was an event arranged by three Odessa agencies. Odessa Ladies, Kassandra and a newer agency which I do not remember the name of (I was told this new agency has quite a portfolio of ladies - which does not make much sense to me as building a stable portfolio of ladies takes time)

I also asked if one could invite ladies to the event on ones own merit. I was told absolutely, no problem! And there would be no extra charge for the additional head.
I asked if one could bring his own terp (we do not trust an agency terp, do we?) and again I was told: absolutely no problem.

I asked what the fee covered. Was told all the drinks you want and which are available, no additional expense for ladies drinks i.e no picolo champagne etc. Snacks available, music, entertainment etc.

If you guys have any more questions perhaps you could Pm me me and I could give you the email address of the people organising the event.

I am just looking for someone what want to join me. I am not going to Ukraine alone any more. It's beginning to become rather boring when lady after lady is just a plain agency Muppet.

Many thanks,
El danes

Offline Chris

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 11:57:09 AM »
Chris;

I take your question is on behalf of the remaining unmarried men as I believe you are happily married. If not...... I hope for you that your current wife does not read these pages. Otherwise you might find yourself divorced very soon.

Yes of course it was, and yes I am very happily married thanks, my wife knows she can trust me so no problem there. Its just for any other guys, Odessa has somewhat of a reputation for this type of event and not all that positive,  :-X I am sure you have heard.

Слава Україні

Registration