The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

What is the best option to pursue a woman from the FSU

WOVO is the way to go
9 (17%)
WMVM is the way to go
7 (13.2%)
WMVO is the way to go
6 (11.3%)
WMVF (F=few) is the way to go
5 (9.4%)
You should go with the method that fits your situation and your personality
19 (35.8%)
Stay out of the FSU all the women there are EVIL !!!!!
1 (1.9%)
Go to the FSU as on a vacation if you meet someone then you meet someone
1 (1.9%)
Take one of those tours
0 (0%)
Lie, lie and lie some more, FSUW are not smart enough to figure it out
0 (0%)
different option that Bill didn't put up here
0 (0%)
another different option that Bill didn't put up here
0 (0%)
Bill has finally proven what everyone has known for quite some time. BILL is an idiot!!!! what does he know?
1 (1.9%)
I love Bill
2 (3.8%)
I will explain
1 (1.9%)
WNVM write none option
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: WOVO, WMVM, WMVO, WMVF (few) which is best?  (Read 14184 times)

Offline sloopiek

Re: WOVO, WMVM, WMVO, WMVF (few) which is best?
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 11:31:41 PM »
Been reading TBB's trip report and marvel at his approach; to say it is WMVM is a monumental understatement.  But his approach and the one I took are so diametrically opposed that I can conclude that the approach taken is best if tailored to the individual; the only thing that matters is putting the approach into action.
I was not going to seek a Russian woman for a "real" relationship, but in my case it worked out that way.
I was going through my divorce a little over a year ago, but the marriage had been over in my heart and mind for quite some time.  Although I missed having a nice intimate conversation with a mature woman, I wasn't ready to have a relationship that could become physical.  So instead of looking for someone on Yahoo or Match I looked on a few websites with foreign women, and started writing to women who were not only attractive and educated but also seemed mature and warm.  I had a nice penpal relationship with four or five women, and it was good and uncomplicated and it didn't even occur to me that any of this could turn into "more".   But... there was one relationship that very quickly outgrew penpal status, and I found myself magnetically drawn to her words and style of writing and to the topics that interested her.  Soon we were talking on the phone, then on Skype, and within a few months were planning our first meeting.  The chemistry was undeniable.  I felt like I had known her my whole life before we even met in person.
Since our first meeting in Hong Kong last December, I have visited her in Novosibirsk (in April/May) and have met her family.  We are engaged, have applied for the K-1, and she will be coming to the States before too long.  We both feel that our meeting and subsequent blossoming relationship are miraculous.
This wasn't my plan, but it turned into a WOVO.  Of course, these results aren't typical and actual mileage may vary.

Offline dazzer

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 01:59:47 PM »

Having only done a WMVO i haven't a clue ???, i wonder if anyone as done all four ???,  it would be nice to know "which is best" tiphat
« on: January 14, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »
Would she be offended to get a text without telling her ahead of time?

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »
personally I have seen WMVF work great.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 02:48:14 PM »
Remember that 95% of men are said to WMVFA
Слава Україні

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 02:52:01 PM »
I am not married so you can see how well my plans have worked in
the past. (I have a plan now but it's top secret  ;D )

I have tried WFVO 3 times and once I just went on vacation to Kiev just
because I had the time. I had Stirlitz as a guide on that and my first trip
WOVO. I went on 2 WFVF trips.

Udachi

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »

Having only done a WMVO i haven't a clue ???, i wonder if anyone as done all four ???,  it would be nice to know "which is best" tiphat

I guess 'best' is what works for one.
The point is to think about how to use one's resources and to plan according to one's strengths and weaknesses.
No matter the inefficiency of meeting just one person if one is incapable of handling more than one contact at a time then it is senseless to try to do otherwise.
However, it seems to me, that if one can manage meeting several women in a short period of time then it makes huge sense to do so.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline dazzer

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »

But did you do any ED?
Sorry Chris but that's  :offtopic: ......only 4 letter ones please tiphat
I am not married so you can see how well my plans have worked in
the past. (I have a plan now but it's top secret  ;D )

I have tried WFVO 3 times and once I just went on vacation to Kiev just
because I had the time. I had Stirlitz as a guide on that and my first trip
WOVO. I went on 2 WFVF trips.

So you have done 3 of the 4 Bill ( WFVO, WOVO, and WFVF ).

This "top secret plan" of yours, it wouldn't happen to be WMVM would it    ???  :)

Andrewfi, i agree, did you yourself engage in any of the 4 while in the UK?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2010, 03:57:39 PM »
I did not meet my first Russian woman until I was studying in Finland and we met the 'old fashioned' way.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline dazzer

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2010, 04:11:53 PM »
I did not meet my first Russian woman until I was studying in Finland and we met the 'old fashioned' way.

So that's a no then tiphat

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2010, 04:24:04 PM »

But did you do any ED?
Yes Dazzer, this is how I met my wife. I talked to many girls on line, then met few (4 or 5 when I went to Russia).
IMO this works great when your time is limited (like you can have only one vacation per year) and when you are frugal about your money and don't/can't/wont do multible VO visits.

Offline dazzer

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2010, 05:57:44 PM »
Yes Dazzer, this is how I met my wife. I talked to many girls on line, then met few (4 or 5 when I went to Russia).
IMO this works great when your time is limited (like you can have only one vacation per year) and when you are frugal about your money and don't/can't/wont do multible VO visits.

So WMVF clearly worked for you ED.

I suppose It's a good time for a little recap.....

RE: WOVO, WMVM, WMVO, WMVF, which one's the best, as anyone done all four ???

I did only one ( WMVO )

Chris was off topic ( WMVFA ) ???

Ed also did just the one ( WMVF ), although he can't remember exactly how many ladies, perhaps 4 or 5.

Bill as done 3 ( WOVO, WFVF*, WFVO* ), he also as a top secret plan, which may or may not include WMVM.

And Andrewfi hasn't done any yet.

*Slight off topic, but i don't consider it reportable.

Who's next?  tiphat

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2010, 07:18:13 PM »
I've also done WMVO with clients, Dazz... What do you call it when a guy writes many, then narrows it down to just one, writes only her for a wile and then visits only this one?

Offline divad

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »

I've done all four and WNVM too. The best way is the one that works for you.  ;D

For me, each method had its Pros and Cons...

WOVO - Pro: it was the most romantic method for me
            Con: the trip could have been over within the first 5 minutes of meeting each other... luckily for me it worked out great.

WMVM: Pro: I was able to find several good candidates to meet; if one turned out to be a dud, I had plenty of others to meet on the trip.
            Con: it's a lot of work writing to so many girls; the meetings weren't romantic at all

WMVO: Pro: I was able to find the perfect girl for me out of the many girls that I had wrote to... we really connected on every level
           Con: our meeting started out romantic but by the second day, I knew there was no future for this girl in my life... I wasn't so lucky this time.

WMVF: Pro: I was able to find several good candidates to meet; if one turned out to be a dud, I had still had a few others to meet on the trip.
           Con: the workload of writing to a few girls was manageable but the initial meetings were only slightly romantic

WNVM: Pro: I didn't waste time writing tons of letters just to find out in the first 5 minutes that there was no chemistry; Some guys make a better impression in person than they do in their letters
            Con: you could waste 2 weeks meeting girls who have none of the qualities you seek.

How I do it now is determined by how long my vacation is...

1 week trip: WMVO
2 week trip: WMVF
3 week trip: WMVM 

I give myself about 8 weeks to write letters before I get on a plane. I will start on a 24-day WMVM trip this Friday. If all goes well, I will be married to 3 different girls by this time next year!  :-*

Offline dazzer

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 04:03:42 AM »
Dazz... What do you call it when a guy writes many, then narrows it down to just one, writes only her for a wile and then visits only this one?

I call it, and did it ( WMVO ), four letter's is more than enough for me.....

For :censored: sake how many letter's do we really need ( FFSHMLDWRN )  ???  :P

Divad, great to hear you have done all 4, and a bonus one ( WNVM ).

Best of luck with your trip to the FSU this Friday ( WMVM ), and i trust you will let us all know how you get on when you return ( TR )  tiphat

Offline dbneeley

• RIP
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 04:30:38 AM »

I call it, and did it ( WMVO ), four letter's is more than enough for me.....

For :censored: sake how many letter's do we really need ( FFSHMLDWRN )  ???  :P

Dazzer,

"How many letters" depends partly on what you may gain from it and largely upon the personailties and skills of the two people involved. In many cases, a more extensive correspondence has led folks to a more extensive mutual discovery. Sometimes, things show up that they cannot get past, so they stop communicating and move on to someone else without the time and expense of a trip. Sometimes, though, these folks continue to develop deeper feelings for each other--so when they meet, it becomes more like meeting an old friend in some key respects.

Other people are not as comfortable writing. They may take more of a "just the facts" approach and do all their truly important communication in person.

It is just impossible to say what technique may work best for someone else. One thing about the more extended communications, though--it nearly always weeds out the scammers and the insincere. This, in turn, obviously increases your chance of a happy outcome.

David

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 04:32:50 AM »
Con: you could waste 2 weeks meeting girls who have none of the qualities you seek.

That has never happened to me, as most of the qualities I seek would be evident from the previously viewed portfolio's. ;D

Best of luck with your trip to the FSU this Friday ( WMVM ), and i trust you will let us all know how you get on when you return ( TR )  tiphat

Yes, good luck divad. I’m starting a trip (WN/VF) this Friday too. Over the past week I have started a TR covering the background, organisation, goals, service providers etc but, having removed the white noise, my efforts so far amount to just 3 sentences …. and even they are short ones.  tiphat

Offline dbneeley

• RIP
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 04:38:26 AM »
To tell you the truth, I am somewhat tempted to post a "trip report" about my first visit back to the U.S. in two years, coming up the end of this month. I am intrigued to how it will seem after being here in Ukraine that long--especially being back among people of a higher level of avoirdupois, not to put too fine a point on it.

Of course, being already married I won't be seeking contact with any single females (with the exception of a grand daughter I haven't seen in much too long!).
 :)

David

Offline dazzer

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2010, 04:46:42 AM »
David,

I agree with your comment's regarding writing letter's :nod:, however my point wasn't about that.....

W + 3 letter's is enough for me ( not W + 4, 5 etc ), and yes please do a USA TR tiphat

Vinnvinny,

Best of luck to you also on your latest FSU venture ( WNVF ) this Friday, although i guess a TR would be out of the question tiphat

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2010, 04:59:18 AM »

Dazzer,

"How many letters" depends partly on what you may gain from it and largely upon the personailties and skills of the two people involved. In many cases, a more extensive correspondence has led folks to a more extensive mutual discovery. Sometimes, things show up that they cannot get past, so they stop communicating and move on to someone else without the time and expense of a trip. Sometimes, though, these folks continue to develop deeper feelings for each other--so when they meet, it becomes more like meeting an old friend in some key respects.

Exactly! In my experience a man is light years ahead when meeting a woman who he took time and effort to get to know through correspondence before the trip. Many times we also find out about incompatibility once a woman starts opening up and getting into more serious, deeper subjects. Which saves a guy from a costly, useless trip. I find that typically women only start opening up after about 3-4 weeks of language barrier free communications, and sometimes it takes them longer...

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »
Dazzer,

The vast majority of the guys (between 80-90%) use WMVN (Write Many Visit None)  :laugh:

Once you realise this fact you  realise why agency business practices are as they are.

I Have NEVER known any guy who actually WOVO Wrote One Visted One and married.  :P

These guys tend to write a few women, get attached to one, write at length to build a relationship and finally visit her. Actually WFVO

I tried WFVO It was a disaster.  Within 5 minutes of meeting my penfriend I was thinking     :sick0012:

I then worked up my skills on WMVM.  The key difference of approach between WF and WM is the WF guys are trying to build a relationship by writing.  The WM guys are using letters to filter the women who they will date.

I eventually got bored sick of the writing bit and went WNVM.  I paid agencies to filter the ladies I would date.  Mostly this was a waste of money but in practice it was less mind numbing to first date lots of women and reject 75% than to spend 100s of hours writing letters...

Practice makes perfect.  I face to face dated nearly a 100 women. By the end I was considered a "professional dater" by some agencies.  Finding someone is ultimately a numbers game when you have a clear idea of who you are looking for and have evolved the skills to find her!

Persistance pays off  :8)

Offline dazzer

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2010, 03:39:47 PM »
Dazzer,

The vast majority of the guys (between 80-90%) use WMVN (Write Many Visit None)  :laugh:

Funny but true :chuckle:

I Have NEVER known any guy who actually WOVO Wrote One Visted One and married.  :P

While i can't quite lay claim to that one ( not far off ), there maybe one or two things i have done out of the norm so to speak :)

Practice makes perfect.  I face to face dated nearly a 100 women. By the end I was considered a "professional dater" by some agencies.  Finding someone is ultimately a numbers game when you have a clear idea of who you are looking for and have evolved the skills to find her!

Persistence pays off :8)

Leslied, you perhaps endured a more intense search than most, if not all in your pursuit for a FSUW, and your "persistence" did indeed pay off for you, good to know, and perhaps will serve as a good example to those that may/will feel like given up in theirs, having failed thus far tiphat

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2010, 03:53:33 PM »
I face to face dated nearly a 100 women.

I bet you slept well that night.  tiphat

Offline divad

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2010, 05:20:45 PM »

That has never happened to me, as most of the qualities I seek would be evident from the previously viewed portfolio's. ;D

I understand completely Vinny... but I had to come up with a Con. I actually do a hybrid between WMVM and WNVM. If for one reason or another, I find myself with some free time, I fill it with a WN girl.

Yes, good luck divad. I’m starting a trip (WN/VF) this Friday too. Over the past week I have started a TR covering the background, organisation, goals, service providers etc but, having removed the white noise, my efforts so far amount to just 3 sentences …. and even they are short ones.  tiphat

Good luck to you too, Vinny.

Dazzer, I don't care to talk about my personal life on a public forum. I will recommend service providers who I felt did a good job for me... such as I have done for Ed.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 03:08:03 PM »

May I introduce myself... as your 'first' then !!  I took a long time to realise where I was going 'wrong' before ... ;)

Persistance pays off  :8)

We agree there ... !

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline ecocks

• Always willing to help.
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
All of them, definitely!   :party0031:   :party0011: :party0031:   :party0011:

Registration