The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Has anyone here actually married a woman from Odessa or Kiev?  (Read 106759 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Has anyone here actually married a woman from Odessa or Kiev?
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2012, 03:49:33 PM »
ps mendy, i'll say what i want, when i want to, how old are you anyway?

He is old enough to know some stuff and young enough to be sharp as a needle.

Read up on him a little, read his blog, read his posts here and understand that he is probably the most respected member on this site.

You don't have to agree with him, but I expect you to be civil and polite to him.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Manny

« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
I would imagine the majority of those who have success dont come back to this site as they dont need to any more. it has served its purpose with its negatives and thousands of warnings.

looking at some of the post on this site i am suprised anyone ever bother,

You are fronting an AFA affiliate site and various ebooks and other stuff. You are based in Ukraine. Of course, the truth that people write here might not be terribly convenient for your marketing aims.

Naturally, you would seek to challenge some.

On this topic, in order to do so, show us some people you hooked up where the women were from Kiev or Odessa maybe?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline JezP

• Commercial Member
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
apologies all,

Was having a bad day,

Will provide better info from now on.

I spose i just see the good things sometimes.

I never really had any issues with scam ladies or problems i see here,

Maybe im just lucky

Cheers j

Offline Zoomzoom

« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2012, 05:06:07 AM »
Now that is more like it! Knowing that you have sufficient intelligence to understand that it would be stupid to think such only about sex, I'm sure that:

- You spent sufficient time watching them in work situations to know how they operate in an office environment and get a sense if you have compatible work ethics.

- You spent quality time observing them interact with children and discussed child raising philosophies in case you someday have children.

- You've discussed money handling strategies so that you are compatible financially. As most divorces revolve around money, I have a "4 date money rule" in which tax returns, checking accounts, and personal savings are shared. Since neither Russia or Ukraine have joint filing, it is important to see her deductions by the 4th date or she just isn't into you. DUH! Since she can have a home purchase deduction only once per lifetime, it would be good to know if some other dude has already benefited from that. If so, she is likely a scammer.

-  You've visited her family enough to know that she operates well within family situations. Sex can be great even for two dogs who just met at the fire hydrant, but if they can't get along with the extended litter at some point the screwing won't matter.

-  You've dated her enough to know whether she has any addictions. The sex may be fun right up until you notice a pattern of her passing out drunk in front of the TV before you get home and your new baby has been unattended for hours while you were at work.

-  Spending time with her friends and co-workers is part of a good test too. If she can't manage relationships with those she's known for a long time, your arrival isn't going to change her view of relationships and commitment.

- A guy should test her expectations as well. As she is screaming "oh baby, oh baby, oh my gawd" of course you know that she is pleased that you can perform just as well as Yuri across the street. And that means something cause Yuri had found her g-spot by the 3rd date just as you. But what she expects from Yuri may be far different from what she expects from you. Yuri isn't going anywhere in life except on Fridays when he take the train across town to buy cocaine. You on the other hand are the rich foreigner. She has expectations that you will give her more than an occasional hit of the white powder. You have the big job and she could be thinking big house, big car, big cell phone, and big wardrobe for the weekends you're away on business and the chance to entertain that Russian mechanic she met in your town last week while you were away. Or not? Guess if you've had sex by the 3rd date it doesn't matter.

Jez, please. You live in Ukraine and have so much potential to offer. Other than one liners do you have anything of substance to offer RUA readers?
+ 1

OMG Fukcing hilarious!  :ROFL: :nod: :laugh: ;D

Offline Manny

« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2012, 03:16:08 AM »
Well, I finally met a chap a few days ago who is married to a woman from Kiev! I knew it would happen one day.  :chuckle:

That's one anyway............

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2012, 07:49:51 AM »
That would be me  ;D

Offline Manny

« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »
That would be me  ;D

I didn't want to say who it was without asking, but yes.

Quite a nice lady too.  :nod: 

And she didn't even ask me for any money for her sick Granny.  :chuckle:

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »
I don't believe it !!! Manny, you're doing a Cameron ;-)  tiphat

Offline Manny

« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2012, 04:12:03 PM »
I ain't a 'hug a hoodie' like Dave. I more follow the Maggie T model, "The lady is not for turning".

3200 members, I knew it would happen one day.  :chuckle:

The thought remains, even though I very much enjoyed meeting one rather nice aberration.

If we suppose RUA members are amongst the more enlightened, a handful from 3200 is what.... one in 640? Which is 0.2% ish of members?

If only 5% visit, and say optimistically that only 5% of those are RUA members, that 0.2% now represents a microscopic likelihood of success for the average Joe.

Be thankful you ain't an average Joe.  :)

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2012, 04:24:01 PM »
I ain't a 'hug a hoodie' like Dave. I more follow the Maggie T model, "The lady is not for turning".

The thought remains, even though I very much enjoyed meeting one rather nice aberration.

If we suppose RUA members are amongst the more enlightened, a handful from 3200 is what.... one in 640? Which is 0.2% ish of members?

If only 5% visit, and say optimistically that only 5% of those are RUA members, that 0.2% now represents a microscopic likelihood of success for the average Joe.

Stats eh, what are they like?

Recently I went out with some married couples and 20% of the men where married to ladies from Odessa or Kiev. Amazing isn't it?  :8)

Offline Manny

« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »
Ahh, but 50% of them were married to Russians, when probably 95% of men go to Ukraine.

Damn statistics..........

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2012, 05:36:11 PM »

I like your stats........ :thumbsup:

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »
Ahh, but 50% of them were married to Russians, when probably 95% of men go to Ukraine.

I can be quietly confident that it was 60% not 50%. ;)

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2012, 08:21:44 PM »
 Wasn't Mattyboy's (RUA member) wife from Kiev?

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »

So what are you trying to say? That Russian women aren't as picky about who they marry as Ukrainian girls?   :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: 

Offline astanga

• Its never too late to see your dreams come true!
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
wot woz it Lloyd-George said?  "There's lies, there's damned lies, then there's statistics!!"

Anyways I had a strange turn-around. mebbe should post this in my self-intro thread. But those who know my story of 2 Odessa girls. The less likely wrote and apologized for not being around for a phone call to exchange emails and will work at being available this week (she is new young doctor and as all in that business know, it means long and often unsociable hours). We'll see if she comes through on that... The more likely one has not responded at all to my request she email me now (she has the info). That was quite a surprise.  meanwhile, as I was checking that had a contact from a young mum in Kharkov who has arranged a phone date for exchanging contacts on Monday. And that was immediately followed by a similar offer from a slightly plain-Jane but lovely girl in Nikolayev - dunno about that one tho. She seems serious, but 30yrs between us is one heck of a barrier I think for long term success.... Still, Sir Bruce manages a good marriage of that age diffo....

Anyway M, the above info probably adds grist to your anti-Odessa go for less popular towns and cities mill...
I had a dream....and I ain't Dr. MLK Jr.  But I know you better get your facts straight even when working for a dream!!!

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2012, 03:03:37 PM »
Jez,

Where are you hiding at?

Wayne

Offline shycat

• Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2014, 06:47:13 AM »
I know two men that have married women from Odessa and met there wifes
there.

The wifes are real problems and the two henpecked husbands are none to happy.
If they could trade them in they would in a heartbeat!!!

However these marriages happened 10-13 years ago so they are not current.

Me I would not go to any of the BIG Cities if I could help it especially Kiev or Odessa.
I would run from any women from these cities just because of all the problems there.
These cities have alot of corruption surrounding them.

If I was working out of Kiev or Odessa as am American I would have a blast and probably
play the field like all the other men there. But I am not a player so even then I would
eventually find one women and have a one women relationship.

Just my 2 cents

SHYCAT

Offline nick.ivanov.notorious

• here for some advice
  • Spouses Country: no spouse
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2016, 10:51:33 AM »
I think this is one of those topics that is ignored or the meat hidden away on page 10 of other unrelated topics. Call it the elephant in the room if you like.........

I was talking to a guy on the telephone today, who as may seem to do, was fixated on the idea of travelling to Odessa and/or Kiev to meet a multitude of women - none of which he even had a number for, all of whom claimed to be seeking improbable age gaps - you get the idea.  (:)

Odessa and Kiev are amongst those places we hear many stories from: scammers, pro-daters etc.

Many men seem to correspond with women from these cities and many agencies (many of dubious repute as well) reside in these cities. Tours and socials are operated from these cities too. So, in the normal run of things, we would expect a brace of guys married to women from Kiev and Odessa. There are so many agencies there, and so many men go there.

Yet, its not a place I tend to notice many mens wives are actually from. When I think of the guys/couples I personally know and/or have met, and those [amongst the successful] who my wife has worked with, and guys who talk about where their wives are from on the board etc. I am not noticing Odessa and Kiev crop up like one would imagine it might with the foot traffic it gets.

Of course, its easy to write these places off as heaving with pro-daters and other types of disingenuous women who have no intention of relocating abroad with one of the huge influx of foreigners who land there. Most people assert these places are over-fished and/or are the hunting ground for sex tourists. Is all that true and the reputation deserved, or do these places get undeserved bad press? Lets find out in this topic.

In my opinion, despite any flames I may receive for saying it, of late, almost all the dodgy stuff seems to come from Odessa, and secondly Kiev. These places are the new Lugansk since Lugansk lost the crown.

Read all the "I sent money" tales, most of the train wrecks, all the women who have three cell phones but answer none of them, Yuri the boyfriend taxi driver, women on paid cameras at 3am, $300 sushi restaurant bills, apartment rip-off's, $1000 shopping sprees to "prove" affection -- almost all of it. Odessa (with Kiev in a close second place) has become the likely common denominator in so many of these things.

I see so much of this from the side of the fence that is Olga's work, that it becomes so predictable.

Everyone is obsessed with going there, yet few are married to women from there IMO. It is one of a handful of places where foreign men are a stand-alone industry.

When did you last read tales of scams from Moscow, St Pete, Samara, Vladivostok, Vilnius, Riga, Minsk, Kaliningrad or from a Ukrainian town far from Odessa, Kiev and the like? You will likely be counting in years I bet.

So the question is this: Is anyone here actually married to a woman from Odessa or Kiev?   (That has to be the fairest litmus test.)

Obviously that doesn't include Russian/Ukrainian guys who still live there or guys that shipped women in from elsewhere in the FSU and simply met them there.

If there are very few or none - then we must begin to actually ask why not and solicit the views of the residents and those who have spent a lot of time there as to why not. This will then become an educational topic we can direct neophytes to who are considering going there.

One of my mates has actually married a girl from Odessa with quite a few problems of scaring before he actually met his wife. He is really quite happy with her. And he only visited her a couple of times throughout only 1 year in total before getting married. It was quite a catch for him and I was very surprised and was also like you very sceptical of these scams having fallen on a few myself. I can't remember exactly the dating site that he used, I think it might have been [link removed as 2nd link in 2nd post]

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »
One of my mates has actually married a girl from Odessa with quite a few problems of scaring before he actually met his wife. He is really quite happy with her. And he only visited her a couple of times throughout only 1 year in total before getting married. It was quite a catch for him and I was very surprised and was also like you very sceptical of these scams having fallen on a few myself. I can't remember exactly the dating site that he used, I think it might have been [link removed as 2nd link in 2nd post]

By any chance are you affiliated with that agency?   :laugh:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2016, 03:18:15 PM »
waddle, waddle, quack, quack!  :whistle:
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »
Why do so many scams and pro daters come from Odessa and Kiev?

It is a business matter/industry that works so why stop?

From what we know and see on this forum it is pretty clear is it not? The biggest city's get the most advertising and that is part of of the game.

Sadly it hardly works in reality and if you do not know how to be the man you are going to get yours in any shape or form.

Men can hardly write to these girls or know how beside where their mind is at so its all fair game once they arrive.

But do not think that the girls are getting luxury 100%. In fact the agencies can and do put the blame on them when a resturant bill cost $400 leaving them to be blacklisted without knowledge for a while.

This happend to a girl I know who is living in Odessa and I found out by accident. By a change of ownership the agency said that there was no problems at all.

Registration