The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Value of Names, E-Mail Addresses and Photos  (Read 39226 times)

Offline Stubben

• Meмber
Re: The Value of Names, E-Mail Addresses and Photos
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 03:11:10 PM »
Was this on an agency site or a dating site?

I'd think a scammer would happily send you more pictures to reel you in.

If this was an agency maybe it is more likely that the agency sent the initial letter with the photos without her knowledge to get the ball rolling and earn some $$ on the letters?

Mind you, this is all just pure speculation on my part!  ;D

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 03:16:01 PM »
scammer or not? I just got a few letters from a girl and  the 1st letter had 3 photos  of her  I shot a few emails back to her and just asked her for another photo and I got back a semi nasty reply and a refusal to send more pics ...... what do you all think I think scammer let me know your opinions please ! tiphat

Pretty much impossible to say with the info you have provided. Post a link to where you found her or cut & paste some of her (edited) emails and we might have a chance.

Offline mike64

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 03:26:47 PM »
Was this on an agency site or a dating site?

I'd think a scammer would happily send you more pictures to reel you in.

If this was an agency maybe it is more likely that the agency sent the initial letter with the photos without her knowledge to get the ball rolling and earn some $$ on the letters?

Mind you, this is all just pure speculation on my part!  ;D
the original contact was afa site they have some kind of email thing  for that dating act. this girl has her own email and started writing after my initial contact with her from afa .the letters sometimes are  broken english then others they are very good english but the 1st was not in good english,..I 'm thinking that the scammer ran out of pics and doesnt have anymore of this particular girl. call me suspicious ....but Im gonna play it out a little to see what happens next ,Im going to reply back to her and  request them again.she demanded that I come and and see her if I want to know what she looks like but Im getting a wierd feeling about this girl and not in a good way.! mind you this  interaction with her has been going on for only a week !

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »
Which city? (No, I'm not a parrot).

Offline mike64

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 03:42:23 PM »
anna1982.15@mail.ru) her email  she didn say where she was from looking back at the emails

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 03:47:51 PM »
Thanks Mike. Why are you doubting that she is NOT a 'scammer'?

Offline mike64

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 03:54:06 PM »
Thanks Mike. Why are you doubting that she is NOT a 'scammer'?
just some outside opinions before  I list her if shes not already listed ...she didnt ask me for money yet  but it seems odd behavior for a legit girl. remember i'm new to this too  lol

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 04:28:21 PM »
anna1982.15@mail.ru) her email  she didn say where she was from looking back at the emails

Google tells you: http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_en-GBGB291GB305&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=anna1982.15@mail.ru

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline mike64

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 04:38:21 PM »

Google tells you: http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_en-GBGB291GB305&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=anna1982.15@mail.ru

bingo! she is a very naughty boris ! I see this scammer has been around for quite some time and to top it off I didnt even get the  :biggrin:latest scammer photos.. now I am insulted lol

Offline Generci

• Portal FWY Studio WebDesign & Consultoria
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 11:11:21 PM »
i think that i will be a expert because i received more one thousand emails from more 500 girls!! And after all " i Think one is real..."
real for me only some secretary Ucranian girls from Brasilian Embassy at Kiev that i make friendship i want to advise is a very difficult to find someone serius in date sites but always have one or more..exist for me a percentual at date sites 5% is real...so you must to have 20 girlsfriends there for to fond 1... :loving:

Registration