The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Applause  (Read 2729 times)

Offline ForgeMaster

Re: Applause
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 10:04:48 AM »
How can you compare your experience of 400 -500 American flights to her 10-20 Russian flights experience?  :laugh:
Don't ask about my flying experience as I only travel by donkey and only heard the applauding when my FSU donkey trip has landed!

Wiz,
  I remember the last time I flew on Donkey.ru, the ride was as rough as the landing.  I was the only passenger and it was the donkey that clapped when I got off.  Sounded muffled, though, because he was clapping his ears.  This was an amazing sight to me and one I will never forget.   :cowboy:
ForgeMaster
FirstMember

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 04:21:28 AM »
I have heard applause at the end of every landing in Ukraine, but not on my few flights in Russia, I don't have enough experience to say whether or not its common on Russian flights, but definitely its a tradition on Ukrainian flights.

I have never heard applause on a single flight on any airline here in the US, or on my flights to Western Europe. It's definitely not an American thing.

Just my two kopecks,

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline bobjf

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 10:49:43 PM »
only times i ever heard applause was landings in russia.
being an aussie was both amazed & horrified at the same time.
1st at watching fellow passengers cross thenselves,close there eyes & get a death grip on seat armrests at take off & then horror when they clapped on landing,why you might ask
alright for them i had to get back on the damn things to go home
spoiled by qantas safety record,tupolovs are hard to take  :o
it takes two willing givers to make two happy receivers
result happy couple most of the time lol