The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian fiancee any help appreaciated  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Angus

Russian fiancee any help appreaciated
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:20:29 AM »
OK, hi all
just so you know, I have done everything wrong so far (I think!)   :fighting0025:
but a single (divorced) father bringing up 4 kids on my own, found a beautiful women, who also has 1 child and been over to her place once so far (12 days) stayed at her place (Chelyabinsk).
As possibly a typical English man, I thought oh not much of a problem these days, meet the right girl fall in love with each other etc, and send for her to come here !!!!!!!!
OK looking at everything in a practical way, I have got a house, paying a mortgage (not much equity), any savings have about gone (thanks to the ex-wife for that) and now also working part-time because I look after my 4 kids full time, so my income is not going to provide a lot of money for putting into a savings account.
Any thoughts, other than "well your buggered mate!"
is there any light on the horizon at all, crazy thing is I could earn more money here (more hours etc 2nd job if needed) if she was here as she could look after the kids, I can only work during the day when they are at school (oh by the way they my kids go from 16 years - 7 years).
Other than a lottery win, am I destined to grow old alone because I cant prove I can look after her and son in a financial way??
thanks for any info,,,,,
she really is amazing, and I would be almost willing to do anything except give my own kids up.
Gus

Offline dazzer

Re: Russian fiancee any help appreaciated
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 10:58:08 AM »
Other than a lottery win, am I destined to grow old alone because I cant prove I can look after her and son in a financial way??
thanks for any info,,,,,

Sadly Gus given your current financial situation if you were to apply for Visa's for your GF and her child, it would almost certainly be rejected on that grounds ( no proof = not able to support=reliant on public funds ).

Your going to after to think of a strategy....for example they would be looking at the previous 6 months for financial evidence, is there anyway you could work around the kids during that period? 
« on: January 14, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »
Would she be offended to get a text without telling her ahead of time?

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russian fiancée any help appreciated
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
and been over to her place once so far (12 days) stayed at her place (Chelyabinsk).

You have visited her only once - you are not ready for a fiancée visa. You cannot know her well enough in twelve days to decide to marry. What's the rush man?

That aside, having pots of cash in the bank is not a must. Being generally solvent with enough spare income to provide for the dependants you plan to import is a must.

You know the visa fees alone over the next few years will run into the thousands yes? That is before you get onto anything else like driving lessons, English courses, etc etc. This not a cheap endeavour.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline dazzer

Re: Russian fiancée any help appreciated
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 11:23:48 AM »
and been over to her place once so far (12 days) stayed at her place (Chelyabinsk).

You have visited her only once - you are not ready for a fiancee visa. You cannot know her well enough in twelve days to decide to marry. What's the rush man?

True...even with the financial resources one visit alone doesn't really cut the mustard and any fiancee visa application would more than likely be rejected on that basis, that's another reason why i suggest the "6 month period" to get the finances in order and another visit under your belt, not to mention time.

Offline Angus

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 06:52:16 AM »
Hi Dazzer,
I cant seem to send you a peronnel email? but please if I can speak it would help me I think, but wont stop trying to get that girl here :)
Gus

Offline Manny

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:11:06 AM »
Hi Dazzer,
I cant seem to send you a peronnel email? but please if I can speak it would help me I think, but wont stop trying to get that girl here :)
Gus

You need three posts to have full forum functionality Angus.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline dazzer

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »
Hi Dazzer,
Gus

You need three posts to have full forum functionality Angus.
Rules!, Rules!!, Rules!!! ;D

Ok Gus I've sent you a PM tiphat

Offline sparky114

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 12:31:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum Gus :)

OK, hi all
just so you know, I have done everything wrong so far (I think!)   :fighting0025:

Most of us have been down that road  :-X do not worry you are in good company  ;D

but a single (divorced) father bringing up 4 kids on my own, found a beautiful women, who also has 1 child and been over to her place once so far (12 days) stayed at her place (Chelyabinsk).

Chelyabinsk  :) I take it you fly in to Yekaterinburg Koltsovo airport then travel down to Chel?

OK so how long have the 2 of you been communicating? how did the meting go? I see you have put your status down as being Engaged! so i take it you are progressing at speed with this relationship  :scared0005:

You have 4 children how are they about this? and also how does your lady feel taking on not just you but 4 more children?

The reasons for the above questions is to build some sort of picture about you and your lady to give you some good advice.

OK as Manny says 12 days and 1 trip is 100% not enough it would be thrown out as soon as it went through the door let alone the financial aspect and as you may already know that you would be applying in Yekaterinburg for all your visa,s

As possibly a typical English man, I thought oh not much of a problem these days, meet the right girl fall in love with each other etc, and send for her to come here !!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh yes typical so very typical  :chuckle: Welcome to our World now where shall we begin  ???

OK looking at everything in a practical way, I have got a house, paying a mortgage (not much equity)

Well that's a start, how about your line of Credit? this would help :)

any savings have about gone (thanks to the ex-wife for that) and now also working part-time because I look after my 4 kids full time, so my income is not going to provide a lot of money for putting into a savings account.

Ex Wife = No savings = Normal

You really are going to have to sort this as the guys above say it is going to cost you some mighty big £ to one travel and stay with her then you will have 2 Visa's to get if you go the Fiancee route then after you marry you will have to pay again for 2 more

about £3k in all for this route and that just to start with then the list will start

flights here
probably will want to go home 1 or 2 times a year
driving
clothes
Etc Etc Etc

As i am sure Manny will point out I made the mistake of submitting a bank statement stating i was 300 quid overdrawn in the month and guess what, yep i got refused and had to fight a Appeal case
Mine luckily was sorted quick i just did not provide things like savings and assets so after providing these then it was passed :)

is there any light on the horizon at all,

Of course and your in the right place to get the advice you need, :nod: IMHO you just need to apply some brakes at the moment and take stock and sort your situation.

crazy thing is I could earn more money here (more hours etc 2nd job if needed) if she was here as she could look after the kids, I can only work during the day when they are at school (oh by the way they my kids go from 16 years - 7 years).

Have you told her she will be on her own looking after all the children  :hidechair:

How is her English? what level is she at?

am I destined to grow old alone because I cant prove I can look after her and son in a financial way??
thanks for any info,,,,,
she really is amazing, and I would be almost willing to do anything except give my own kids up.
Gus

Well to round it up you need to take stock of the situation, work out where you are and where you can be in say six to twelve months

If she really is that amazing then you will find a way, just keep your head straight and ask lot of questions

now post again and you will have full access to PM messages

Good luck

Mark

Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Manny

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »
As i am sure Manny will point out I made the mistake of submitting a bank statement stating i was 300 quid overdrawn in the month and guess what, yep i got refused and had to fight a Appeal case.

As if I would have mentioned that just yet........I was saving that one for a special occasion.

Offline sparky114

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 10:04:13 AM »
As i am sure Manny will point out I made the mistake of submitting a bank statement stating i was 300 quid overdrawn in the month and guess what, yep i got refused and had to fight a Appeal case.

As if I would have mentioned that just yet........I was saving that one for a special occasion.

Always nice to get in before you  :whistle:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Registration