The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Your partner may go through this when arriving in your country  (Read 3545 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Your partner may go through this when arriving in your country
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2018, 10:36:24 AM »
I think there can be a culture shock for many especially if they move to another country with a guy who does not have much cash and living in some file pit...

BUT... the end of the day if a couple click and really do get on with each other just like they have known each other for 100 years and the sex life is great.. I guess you can live anywhere ?

I could live in the North Pole if I had to wouldn't make the slightest difference..all depends on the couple and the relationship..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Your partner may go through this when arriving in your country
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2018, 06:48:30 AM »
IMHO culture shock happens to all of us who make a big move. Some are more affected than others, I have known people for whom the effects were strong enough to cut short their planned new life.

I know that it affects me but having gone through the process multiple times it is something that I know, understand recognize and can deal with. Knowing that it happens is possibly the most important thing that somebody who needs to support a newcomer to his/her culture can have in their support toolbox.

And, yes, I too am pretty sure that having a life that is not one of lack of material resources does make matters much, much, easier. However, no matter how pretty the cage might be, if the new environment is a cage then ultimately the project is likely to fail.
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Registration