The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: leaving in 2 weeks for Kharkov  (Read 18020 times)

Offline sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: leaving in 2 weeks for Kharkov
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 11:19:10 PM »
Ok here it goes,I'm at the motel at Boise waiting to catch the flight.For those of you that wanted info on the Mordinson agency. So far everything has been very professional.All calls have been responded to promptly.All letters have been translated as promised. I will give you all a play by play on the trip as it happens. Wish me luck!! Special thanks to a new friend Kirk.

Good luck idaho1

Have a great time :party0011: and I will place a bet you will come back home a changed man :)
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 11:43:02 PM »
Ain't no substitute for having worn the t-shirt and done it. at least once,,

Try to remember your first impressions (or any misconceptions) and write them down -  they will make interesting reading !

Bon voyage..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline dazzer

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 12:04:21 PM »
The agency is making the plans for the meetings and will supply a translator for my whole trip. The maps are great and I look forward to seeing the sights.. Also just to let people know I have been contacted by a person who has used the mordinson agency. They gave it a thumbs up...thanks
Hi idaho1

In regards the mordinson agency here is a link which you may find informative, look out for one of the Kharkov ladies on their books with the black hair, although she herself doesn't speak in the video, i think you will agree she is very attractive :nod:

Good luck and let us all know how you got on when you come back tiphat
« on: January 14, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »
Would she be offended to get a text without telling her ahead of time?

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »
The agency is making the plans for the meetings and will supply a translator for my whole trip. The maps are great and I look forward to seeing the sights.. Also just to let people know I have been contacted by a person who has used the mordinson agency. They gave it a thumbs up...thanks
Hi idaho1

In regards the mordinson agency here is a link which you may find informative, look out for one of the Kharkov ladies on their books with the black hair, although she herself doesn't speak in the video, i think you will agree she is very attractive :nod:

Be sure not to forget "Manny's RUA-Ladagirl-RBG offering as well"

Offline dazzer

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 12:57:02 PM »
Hi idaho1

Be sure not to forget "Manny's RUA-Ladagirl-RBG offering as well"

Yes i forgot to mention that Eric

idaho1 when you get back don't forget to buy Manny's book, you want have any trouble finding it ( It's advertised everywhere )  :biggrin:

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
strike through doesn't work in here
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2010, 01:18:51 PM »
 :offtopic:

the strike though / other fonts etc doesn't work in the Subject heading
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Rusky1 from California

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
Ya have just returned from Kharkov, have lots of info, have you left yet. Stay away from agencies,best way to met women is go to the metro or restaurant and say something like hello, do you speak english. Kharkov is the biggest educational capital in that part of Europe, Many of them speak english or are alomost dying to practice it. Please send you contact info or ask for mine, have warnings of which restaurant you might get drugged in, some numbers of  good friends, lots of other info.
Rusky1

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 04:21:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum Steve I would recommend starting a new thread and
sending Idaho a PM

Just my two kopecks

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 12:58:21 AM »
Ya have just returned from Kharkov, have lots of info, have you left yet. Stay away from agencies,best way to met women is go to the metro or restaurant and say something like hello, do you speak english. Kharkov is the biggest educational capital in that part of Europe, Many of them speak english or are alomost dying to practice it. Please send you contact info or ask for mine, have warnings of which restaurant you might get drugged in, some numbers of  good friends, lots of other info.
Rusky1

Hi Rusky1

Welcome to the board....

'drugged in restaurants' ?! .. I've not read about THAT happening too many times..:o

Could you please post a little about yourself and 'experiences' in the intro section.. ?

Being honest, and direct, there's something about your approach to dating / writing style that suggests that you have 'been around the block'  and may be familiar to some of us !

[ just a hunch - happy to be proved mistaken ;) ]

Offline idaho1

• "fortune favors the bold "
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 02:13:22 AM »
Up date from Idaho 1. Everything is going well.The mordinson agency is doing everything it promised and seems to be a very decent person.The apt. is very nice. The ladies I have met all seem to be on the up and up.They are on the most part better looking in person. I have narrowed down to 2 ladies , but time will tell. The food and restaurants are very good and they present the dishes very nicely No plastic sporks or paper plates. It is very reasonable in cost.I'm sure I am going to a nicer type cafe.If you want you can find the plastic stuff too.The cafes have been my choice . Nothing has been pushed on me.None of the women have asked for money .In fact I ran low 1 night and a woman loaned me 450 Grevna..about 55.00 dollars.A lot for here. Now for my observations. The taxi drivers are priced right.about 7.00 gets you any place. Watch your step on the streets.Traffic will not stop. The traffic is worse in Vegas then here and it is probably more dangerous. Oh here is a good one.Do not where sunglasses. I wear mine all the time.After about 2 days Mr Mordinson smiled and said "you really stick out man" Then I looked and realized nobody wears them except foreigners.I saw one pair in all of the crowd....lol The people have all been decent . no pushing or rudeness.Everything you need is readily available.Don't forget to buy adapters for your electric items.You can get them here for about 2 bucks. Bring some dvds to watch on your down time.TV is in russian. Bring your camera and take a walk in the park. Very interesting. Make sure the money you plan to exchange is in good crisp shape. they will not take it otherwise or you pay a penalty. Oh here is a biggy. TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU ENTER A HOME.  Big sin!!! Thats all for now.take care

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 03:48:06 AM »
Dear Idaho1

good to  hear from you.. esp. glad you learnt to take off your shoes ;)

do not where sunglasses.
???

Wifey, wears them at the slightest glimpse of sun..

Enjoy ...

Offline JeanClaude

• Spouses Country: Several girls, not all at the same time
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 05:04:53 AM »
@Idaho1

There  is a whole discussion going  on about how the girls would look in real life compared to their photos, what is your opinion on the matter,

The agency sounds very decent, especially the girl lending you some USD, i think it is because the agency guarantees both ways, awesome news, cant wait for you next posting, as i am considering Kharkov as well!
a day not trolled is a day not lived

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2010, 09:50:12 AM »
Nice to hear from you Idaho, we were about to send out a search party.  :chuckle:

What is your favorite Russian dish?
How do you order? What do you wish you brought with you but didn't?

Have a good trip and if you are too busy you can answer these when you
get back

Udachi !!

Bill

Offline Poacher

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 12:24:24 PM »
Glad to see he is having a great time. I wish I was there. I have been talking to him privately before he left. I have used Mordinson in the past with success. I currently have a pending I-129F. That is success. It won't be long before I will be heading back to Kharkov. I will have to see if me an Tim can be there at the same time. He owes me a beer.
Life is hard, even harder when you are stupid. - John Wayne

Offline idaho1

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 04:03:57 AM »
just a quick update,Things are going well.The agency still performing their duties.Mr. Mordinson called and told me he would take me on a tour before my date. Those are the kind of things that make one agency better then the others. He has my money.He doesn't have to do extras now.But he did.He also accompanies me to buy groceries or any other task I need to do. And when he goes along on the dates ( to translate) you have to force him to order something to eat. As far as the women and their photos go. I have noticed that some people photograph better then others. So it has been my experience that you will get a mixture.I have met 5 women.2 look better in person , 2 look the same and 1 worse. And because of the ladies work schedule .I still think you should bring some DVD's or something to occupy your down time. I know some of you guys are dating machines and will not need such things. And learn how to bowl.It is big over here and it makes for a good date. I have not been out of the country before but I am very experience in travel in the USA.So I packed pretty well.The only thing I forgot was fingernail clippers. bye for now

Offline dazzer

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 04:48:35 AM »
I still think you should bring some DVD's or something to occupy your down time.
Again good point
I have met 5 women.

idaho1

Hows things looking women wise....are you getting a feel yet that one might lead to something?, do you feel that one or two may be intersested in you in that regards?

Keep us all posted and good luck this evening  tiphat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 06:59:00 AM »
Hi Idaho 1

I hope you are still keeping fresh as a daisy ;) .. ?

Seriously, are you finding long periods of 'boredom' in between dates ?

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 07:31:02 AM »
DVDs?!

Idaho, I know it's cold but get out and walk or ride and experience a great Ukrainian city.  tiphat

Offline Poacher

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 10:17:57 AM »
During the warm part of the day, Kharkov has been a slushy mess. I have talked to Vika twice this week and she says "water everywhere, I can not wear my good boots." God I love those high heel boots. It gets better in the evening when it starts freezing up she said. I am sure that getting ones feet wet and cold all day is not a fun way to spend all of ones time. (Note to self. Have Vika buy a couple extra pairs of those boots before she immigrates here.) I would be on the internet, reading, and watching movies until my date got off of work. I am sure he did not pack chest waders.

I can't beleive no one has quoted the Toy Story movie. "Way to go, Idaho." Those of us with children know this.
Life is hard, even harder when you are stupid. - John Wayne

Offline dazzer

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 10:26:54 AM »
I would be on the internet, reading, and watching movies until my date got off of work.
DVDs :popcorn:

Offline idaho1

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2010, 12:06:09 AM »
Hello all ,.and especially you poacher. I think I have walked 30 miles since I have been here.Now I know how the women keep so fit.I went on the subway for the first time in my life.Also went to a Dolphin show for the first time .Very cool .I know I am a bumpkin..You can say it. And yes I have gotten close to 1 women and maybe another but I'll just have to wait and see. The city is very interesting and I am learning my way around. I have learned something very interesting. If you buy flowers .you should hold them down.This means you are waiting to give them to someone.If you hold them up.This means you have been given them by someone else. ( maybe not so good) I was wondering why all those guys were looking at me funny ;-)) The weather has been sunny but cool.And yes it freezes at night. Just ask my sore azz. As far as boredom.You can be as bored as you want.Most of my dates do not start until late,Because of women working.I am fine and always find something to do. I have watched RAMBO 3 times   :laugh: Hey it's a classic. take care all

Offline Boris

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2010, 05:09:35 AM »
Hello all ,.and especially you poacher. I think I have walked 30 miles since I have been here.Now I know how the women keep so fit.I went on the subway for the first time in my life.Also went to a Dolphin show for the first time .Very cool .I know I am a bumpkin..You can say it. And yes I have gotten close to 1 women and maybe another but I'll just have to wait and see. The city is very interesting and I am learning my way around. I have learned something very interesting. If you buy flowers .you should hold them down.This means you are waiting to give them to someone.If you hold them up.This means you have been given them by someone else. ( maybe not so good) I was wondering why all those guys were looking at me funny ;-)) The weather has been sunny but cool.And yes it freezes at night. Just ask my sore azz. As far as boredom.You can be as bored as you want.Most of my dates do not start until late,Because of women working.I am fine and always find something to do. I have watched RAMBO 3 times   :laugh: Hey it's a classic. take care all

It seems they love Rambo. The Dolphin Show is cool. Did they still have the big walrus? I am like Chris. I have fond memories of Kharkov and it has some of the most beautiful women in the world. It just didn't work out for me there. Enjoy yourself, Idaho.

Offline Bruce Lee

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 06:22:21 AM »
I have watched RAMBO 3 times 
I hope it was First Blood and not any of the awful sequels  :sick0012:
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »
Did you take any photos?

Did you see the Holy Shroud Cathedral?
or the History Museum (it's one of the oldest in Ukraine)
or the Uspensky Cathedral? the Annunciation Cathedral?
the Municipal Gallery? the Opera or the Ballet? many of these
things are very

Mendy wrote this about some of the sights of Kharkov
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=5657.0

I highly recommend that you soak in the sights and sounds stop and
smell the roses so to speak. Ask one of the ladies if she would like to
go to one or several of the places with you. Learn what you can, it might
help you relate to her later or who knows you might find it interesting.

Just my two kopecks,

Bill

Offline dazzer

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
Most of my dates do not start until late,Because of women working.I am fine and always find something to do. I have watched RAMBO 3 times   :laugh: Hey it's a classic. take care all
idaho1

DVDs a side for a moment...hows it going with your dates? ( have you pulled one ) tiphat

Registration