Information & Chat > The Expatriate Life: Living in the FSU, Asia or Elsewhere

Cost of Living in Russia

(1/19) > >>

mendeleyev:
My son in law manages Safeway delivery in Arizona and so it was with interest that I noted that Ашан now does grocery delivery in Moscow as well.

Olga_Mouse:

--- Quote from: mendeleyev on January 12, 2010, 07:16:45 PM ---
My son in law manages Safeway delivery in Arizona and so it was with interest that I noted that Ашан now does grocery delivery in Moscow as well.

--- End quote ---

Auchan doing deliveries?  :o  :o  :o

I must have missed something...

Always used Утконос for deliveries, and Auchan for "shopping in person"  :biggrin:

mendeleyev:
Olga, a young man we know recently made application to work in delivery there. I assumed that it would be home/business delivery but realize that it could be making deliveries from a warehouse to Ашан stores.

This is all I could find at the website: http://www.auchan.ru/uploaded/Image/Banners%20for%20teasers/DELIVERY_right.jpg

kerouac:
I know from my wife that Auchan are planning a delivery service. However, it won't include online shopping. You will have to go to the shop and buy everything. Then they will deliver. Incidentally, I heard today that Walmart plans to enter the Russian market.

Olga_Mouse:
What I have heard about Auchan is that it will be an online shopping however, with the "real" Auchan prices (means very low - comparing to other chains presented in Russia), with the "real" Auchan assortment, but the delivery will cost 300 RUR.

IMO, that would be still quite comfortable for a normal \ large family without a car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version