The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: I'm Married!!  (Read 7536 times)

Offline captmonk1

I'm Married!!
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:48:30 PM »
First Married Post!!  Woo Hoo!! I should get some sort of prize or something.

Hello, my name is Brad. I am a Taraus and I like long bubble baths and walks on the....whoa...wait...I AM MARRIED!! 

Married and happy here and fairly young. 37.  :D  Live in Memphis, TN!! Woooooo!!!  So...on this young young fantastic Russian Board...anymore married folks...or are you all still trying to be as happy as I am??  ;)

Been married a year and a half to a great girl from St. Petersburg. Will write a better story later but don't want any other person to steal my First Post in the Married Section award.

Brad

Offline BCARTR

Re: I'm Married!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 07:49:25 PM »
Congrats Captmonk1.. :)

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:35:23 PM »
Hello Brad :
    I planning on taking the BIG step this summer.  That is if I can ever get her appointment for her interview.  There are other members who have been happily married for a few years.  Now that you've broken the ice; maybe we'll hear from some of them.

Have you taken the Mrs. for dinner at " Rendezvous "?  Best meal I ever ate.
The waiter tried to return some of the tip I left him!

Offline MATTYBOY

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 09:41:10 AM »
Congratulations!
Would've, could,ve, should've are the last words of a fool.

Offline ielocal

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »
captmonk,

As I recall there was a line of action (with odds IIRC) on your success when you entered and began posting on the other board. Any payoffs yet or results of the betting, just who won besides you?  ;D
-ielocal

Offline captmonk1

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »
captmonk,

As I recall there was a line of action (with odds IIRC) on your success when you entered and began posting on the other board. Any payoffs yet or results of the betting, just who won besides you?  ;D

Holy cow I forgot about that!  I need to go check and see what the odds were and for how long I was supposed to either make it or don't make it.

For any that don't know, I suppose I am a One Week Wonder as the call it...though I really don't buy into that crap. I met my wife thru one of the Marriage agency's. Basically I joined up, got her E-mail and we started writing each other. We wrote for about a month, then I called her a few times for about a month and then went and met her in Russia. Stayed two weeks...got engaged...didn't see her again until she landed in Atlanta 6 months later.

The rest is history. She hasn't been back to Russia yet. We have been married a year and a half. Her mom has been over here for a month and things couldn't be better.

I don't claim it's the best way to do it at all...but don't say it can't work either...because it does sometimes. :D

Oh...and I HAVE NOT taken her to Rendezvous! I can't believe I havent. She didn't like BBQ when she first got here...but guess what...America grows on you! She now loves Corky's BBQ...so good call. I need to take her downtown to the Rendezvous.

Have you written out your story sydneyvontrapp? I need to look around and see if I can find it. The big step is worth it brother as long as you are sure she's the one!  ;)

Offline captmonk1

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 08:16:49 PM »
Ok let's test this new Board and see if it can handle pictures! Can you spot the cold American?  This is from November 2004 back in Russia. I will post more recent soon. You get to see the start first.  :D

Offline captmonk1

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 08:18:41 PM »
Here is Katerina ( My now wife) back in our Apartment in St. Petersburg. I had her dressed all American and cute for this picture! Jeans and one of my t-shirts!

Offline captmonk1

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »
Me in St. Pete with I think the Church of Spilled Blood or something in the background. St. Petersburg was cool!! November seemed like a great time to go. No one bothered you on the streets because it was too cold to be out. Hah!

Offline captmonk1

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 08:43:28 PM »
Ok jump ahead to America and the wedding.  Here is my soon to be wife on the way to the Chapel. My sister took the picture. I think it's pretty cool. She looked great!

Offline captmonk1

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »
Heh this is a great picture. The happy couple sitting in the Peabody Hotel in downtown Memphis after the wedding...the loving bride..the happy groom. Take a look at my hand....am I prepared for married life or what!!

Another pic of the happy couple. Why is it the women always looks better than the man??

Offline captmonk1

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 08:47:33 PM »
 Ok I will leave you with this for now....our first child didn't turn out quite as expected.....

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 11:56:19 PM »
Hello Brad ;

"Have you written out your story sydneyvontrapp? I need to look around and see if I can find it. The big step is worth it brother as long as you are sure she's the one!  ".

I have my trip report over on RWG.  Right now my paperwork is still sitting at the U.S. Embassy in Kiev.  I'm hoping my fiancee will be receiving her packet #3 any day.  The estimated date of her arrival keeps getting pushed back.  I was originally hoping to have her here next Wednesday.  Now it would be a miracle to have her here by Memorial day.  I have big plans for the 4th of July. 

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 12:17:24 AM »
Sorry my computer froze up.  I've moved to a different p.c.  My parents have a park model trailer near Lake Ossippe.  Most of my siblings will be their on the 4th.  It's a day of swimming , boating, and eating.

Those are some lovely pictures.  A friend of mine went to a wedding reception at the Peabody.  They offered them a chance to go in and visit the "DUCKS".  I spent a few days in Memphis in 1997.  I bussed over from Nashville.  I was the only male over 18 on the bus that wasn't toting a guitar!  Saw "Mud Island", " Sun Studios",
" Graceland", and the Peabody ducks!  Ate at Rendezvous twice and once at BB King's over on Beale Street.  BB was actually hanging out there the two days I stopped in.  amazing seeing how much he tours.  While there Rufus Thomas stopped in to talk to him. ( the late and Great Rufus Thomas ) .  I knew I wanted to see Memphis after viewing  the movie "Mystery Train ".

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 03:10:00 AM »
Great pics Capt and a nice story.....one week hey!  :)...and it looks like the site does work  ;)
Слава Україні

Offline Jooky

• Watched
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 02:11:39 PM »
Any payoffs yet or results of the betting, just who won besides you?

Oh yeah... I placed my bets on Captain Monk. Where's the hell's my money!

I see your son takes after his Papa.  ;D

Offline Olga

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 06:43:56 PM »
Congratulations captmonk1  and Katerina!   

You are nice looking couple  :)

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 07:15:29 PM »

Have you written out your story sydneyvontrapp? I need to look around and see if I can find it. The big step is worth it brother as long as you are sure she's the one!  ;)

Hello Captmonk1 !!  I have moved my trip report over.  It is listed under adventure stories.  Those are some great pictures.  You wife was/is a lovely bride.  I am 100% sure about this woman.  I can think of nothing else than getting her here to share our life together.  I am equally enamored with her daughter who turns 5 tomorrow. She is an extremely bright child that has a sense of humor. ( humor when dealing with adults, I never said anything funny or witty at that age )

Offline Simoni

• Sometimes known as Rocket Man.
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 09:57:44 PM »

Married and happy here and fairly young. 37.  :D  Live in Memphis, TN!! Woooooo!!!  So...on this young young fantastic Russian Board...anymore married folks...or are you all still trying to be as happy as I am??  ;)

Hey Caption!  I'm married, too,and happy, too ;D

We will have to keep these dreamers in line...  LOL
And I think it's going to be a long, long time...

Offline Simoni

• Sometimes known as Rocket Man.
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 10:01:31 PM »
And Brad... are you like the Captain Monk on TV?   Do you like everything in order and organized?   If so, good luck! :)  LOL
And I think it's going to be a long, long time...

Offline Evilferret

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 03:31:09 AM »
Congrats! And nice pics you guys make a good couple :)

Offline LEGAL

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 09:21:06 AM »
captmonk1  and Katerina! Now I have seen some of those pics before. mmm Wonder where?

Olga and I liked them the first time and like the newer one with  Katerina in the car great shot.

LEGAL

Offline DonA

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 07:06:37 PM »
Hey Capt. Great pics Dude! Great to see you here also.

All the Best,

DonAz

Offline Rvrwind

• In God we trust, all others pay cash!!
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 02:03:07 AM »
I'm Married!!
All I could think to reply after that was "Sorry for your Luck!!!" ;D ;D
All kidding aside Brad, Congrats. You seem to have found the lady you were looking for & you both look very happy.  We wish you many years of  happiness & success from both of us.
Richard & Valya
Canadian Cowboy - Dyin' is Easy, It's Livin' thats Hard!!!

Offline ardillas

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 05:20:22 PM »
Congratulations and welcome to the married men's club.  Nice pictures, too.
"Doveriaj, no proveriaj"

Registration